(not a deal) What company's do sales on Studio Speakers this fall/winter usually?

El Diablo

I would personally research monitors that fit your requirements and price point and then look for deals. Amazon days are coming up next month and Black Friday will be here before we know it. My first generation Dynaudio BM5As serve me well, the current version get great reviews. I allocated about 1k and was not disappointed.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lionel said:

I usually see brands like Mackie and M-Audio having their monitors on sale via Musicians Friend(Stupid Deal Of The Day)

What brands are you interested in?

Since I live with people that don't want to hear me banging out music, and I wish for low volume listening, I plan to get a small pair.

Guitar Center has a sell on Sterling Audio MX3 for $69.99 (pair) and a Sterling Audio MX5 for $79.99 (single).

Or get two KRK Classic 5 G3 for $200 ($99 each).

Or I could just buy a single $200 speaker like Yamaha HS5 and play music on mono.

Those speakers are available right now near me, I don't have to wait on shipping.

26 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Since I live with people that don't want to hear me banging out music, and I wish for low volume listening, I plan to get a small pair.

Depending on your setup/requirements, you might be interested in IK's iLoud Micro Monitor. Be aware that in terms of setup, they're more like stereo speakers than monitors: both powered by a single power supply (so only one wall socket needed), and audio input via 1/8 TRS or stereo phono. They fit my setup well, and the sound is great for what I do; people with more professional needs (i.e. making a living out of it) may prefer other monitors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, antler said:

Depending on your setup/requirements, you might be interested in IK's iLoud Micro Monitor. Be aware that in terms of setup, they're more like stereo speakers than monitors: both powered by a single power supply (so only one wall socket needed), and audio input via 1/8 TRS or stereo phono. They fit my setup well, and the sound is great for what I do; people with more professional needs (i.e. making a living out of it) may prefer other monitors.

I second this.  I picked up a refurb iLoud Micro for $180 when it was on sale.  It’s quite impressive for small speakers (DSP used to flatten out the response).

• Like 1