HoRNet HA2A 90% off

MusicMan

HoRNet HA2A 90% off

only for our newsletter subscribers

Are you ready for a secret sale? 

For a limited time only, use the discount code SSHA2A0923 at checkout and receive a massive 90% discount on HoRNet HA2A.

This offer is available until September 7th at 11:59:59 PM (Italian time), so don't wait! Head over to our website now and start shopping.

Remember, the discount code SSHA2A0923 is your ticket to big savings, but you can use it only once!

HoRNet HA2A is a faithful recreation of a very famous opto compressor made of tubes, transformers and a very peculiar combo of a photo resistor and an electroluminescent panel.

We modeled a real piece of gear which is found in the studio of our friend Flavio aka TheBuildzer, we measured the response of the unit, the transfer function, the attack and release behavior and put everything into this new plugin which improves the OPTO model in Multicomp Plus MK2 and recreates the sound of this historical compressor.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-ha2a/

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

HoRNet HA2A 90% off

only for our newsletter subscribers

Are you ready for a secret sale? 

For a limited time only, use the discount code SSHA2A0923 at checkout and receive a massive 90% discount on HoRNet HA2A.

This offer is available until September 7th at 11:59:59 PM (Italian time), so don't wait! Head over to our website now and start shopping.

Remember, the discount code SSHA2A0923 is your ticket to big savings, but you can use it only once!

HoRNet HA2A is a faithful recreation of a very famous opto compressor made of tubes, transformers and a very peculiar combo of a photo resistor and an electroluminescent panel.

We modeled a real piece of gear which is found in the studio of our friend Flavio aka TheBuildzer, we measured the response of the unit, the transfer function, the attack and release behavior and put everything into this new plugin which improves the OPTO model in Multicomp Plus MK2 and recreates the sound of this historical compressor.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-ha2a/

Dude... that's suppose to be a secret sale.  Now your giving away secrets, which actually hurts the dev from making money.

47 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Dude... that's suppose to be a secret sale.  Now your giving away secrets, which actually hurts the dev from making money.

then developer should not do any sales as if subscribers buy for low money it will hurt as well,,,,its a circle,,there is not right or wrong

saverio runs this 70-90% off every couple of weeks, pretty sure he does it on purpose to sell 100 license for $2 instead of selling 10 licenses for $20

its his way to run business but he may end up like sounspot to go out of business completely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

There's one thing to know about Hornet's secret sales... spoiler alert... they're not secret and pretty regular!

Many of us are subscribers to his newsletter and a lot of the deals posted here for all companies in this forum are for newsletter subscribers and people posting them here saves them being missed in everyone's inboxes.

So the extra sales that Sav would get from sales of people that miss their newsletter in their sea of emails and those that aren't even subscribers but only buy because they see it here does the opposite of hurting the dev. In every situation he's getting more money than he would by not sharing :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, critiques of Hornet's sales tactics aside,  what do you think about the quality of the HoRNet HA2A , forum members? It's dirt cheap,  but is it good? I didn't find out much about it in searches. Opinions?

I have it and I actually like it. Easily worth the asking price and a slightly different vibe to some of the others I have and have tried.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I have it and I actually like it. Easily worth the asking price and a slightly different vibe to some of the others I have and have tried.

I was just waiting for one of the regulars to recommend it! You guys all know a lot more about this stuff than me and seriously,  I've taken folks advice a lot here and I really don't recall any major disappointments. I usually test plugins out first, but it's like $2.24 USD, so I just pulled the trigger after your recommendation! Thanks. Besides, I've only been learning how to use a compressor in the last several months and I believe I don't even own a dozen yet. So I need to catch up with the rest of the group. ;)

• Like 2

I realize the sale is over -- and it will probably be as much as 7 days before the next one -- but I just wanted to say that after taking @MusicMan 's advice and buying the HA2A, I tried it on drums and love it. I haven't even tried anything else yet! I've picked up a little more than a dozen of this developer's plugins and especially like this one and the Spring Reverb and the prices on both were ridiculously cheap (the Spring Reverb was recently free). So to those wondering if this developer is any good, in my experience, he is definitely good. As he constantly has sales, it's pretty easy to pick up his plugins dirt cheap. Thanks again, MusicMan! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've only been learning how to use a compressor in the last several months

MCompressor from the MeldaProduction FreeFX bundle is the one that most helped me understand compression and how to set up a compressor.

It's both a great learning tool and a great compressor. If you haven't yet purchased the upgrade for the FreeFX bundle (and if not, why for heaven's sake), it's very versatile without the upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

59 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

MCompressor from the MeldaProduction FreeFX bundle is the one that most helped me understand compression and how to set up a compressor.

It's both a great learning tool and a great compressor. If you haven't yet purchased the upgrade for the FreeFX bundle (and if not, why for heaven's sake), it's very versatile without the upgrade.

I have -- on your advice (which has always been super helpful. I think ou know that I very much appreciate you and how helpful and encouraging you have always been!). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

I like the one from Waves that is designed for the compressor stupid that usually in their musician's bundle.  It's simple.

Sometimes I wonder if we trun these things into a rocket science.

I have yet to see a quality basic compressor tutorial the those of us who are still stupid about it.  Often there is not information about attack and release and what you are listening for.

• Like 1

I have no issue with how he does business.  He must be content and doesn't send out emails about buying him a cup of coffee.  No crying poor.  He seems content in how he does things.  I like that he is making more videos.  He also allows honest reviews.   There's too much to like about this developer.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I like the one from Waves that is designed for the compressor stupid that usually in their musician's bundle.  It's simple.

Sometimes I wonder if we trun these things into a rocket science.

I have yet to see a quality basic compressor tutorial the those of us who are still stupid about it.  Often there is not information about attack and release and what you are listening for.

While I don't love Waves, this tutorial series features really concise videos that I've found really useful. This video is just a basic intro, you'll want to go beyond it, but I found it's a good starting point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I realize the sale is over -- and it will probably be as much as 7 days before the next one -- but I just wanted to say that after taking @MusicMan 's advice and buying the HA2A, I tried it on drums and love it. I haven't even tried anything else yet! I've picked up a little more than a dozen of this developer's plugins and especially like this one and the Spring Reverb and the prices on both were ridiculously cheap (the Spring Reverb was recently free). So to those wondering if this developer is any good, in my experience, he is definitely good. As he constantly has sales, it's pretty easy to pick up his plugins dirt cheap. Thanks again, MusicMan! 

Glad you like it! Hornet doesn't have really fancy UIs and aren't expensive, so lots of people overlook them. But he has some hidden gems and they're normally really light on CPU. The other one that surprised me recently was Multicomp Plus MK2. It has a number of compressor styles and emulations and some sounded great. It has (VCA, FET, OPTO, Console4K, VCA160) and one expander.

Their Tape is light on resources and not bad either, Analog Stake is great. SW34EQ looks somewhat like a toy, but it's actually quite a nice sounding EQ. I even like TotalEQ too.

Prices are great and no stupid copy protections. That's why I always try and support him :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Glad you like it! Hornet doesn't have really fancy UIs and aren't expensive, so lots of people overlook them. But he has some hidden gems and they're normally really light on CPU. The other one that surprised me recently was Multicomp Plus MK2. It has a number of compressor styles and emulations and some sounded great. It has (VCA, FET, OPTO, Console4K, VCA160) and one expander.

Their Tape is light on resources and not bad either, Analog Stake is great. SW34EQ looks somewhat like a toy, but it's actually quite a nice sounding EQ. I even like TotalEQ too.

Prices are great and no stupid copy protections. That's why I always try and support him :)

Sure, but now I'll have to wait as long as 72 hours before any of those go on sale! ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

the sale is extended for 24h

Edit : sorry, didn't see the previous post

Edited by DamienF