Up to 84% off iZotope Ozone 11 and Music Production 6 introductory sale,

cclarry

On 9/7/2023 at 12:54 AM, MarcL said:
On 9/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, HIBI said:

I purchased MPS 5.2 in July of this year (I have a receipt marked MPS 5.2) but it's showed as MPS 5.1 in the Product Portal and I can see only the higher offer price $229 on the iZotope site.
I asked iZotope Support and they insist that there is no MPS 5.2, only MPS 5.1 plus extra.
What the heck is going on...

Just purchase the upgrade to MPS 6 on JRRshop for $41.16 (with code GROUP)! You will get a MPS 6 serial that you can enter in the Product Portal of iZotope!

Music Production Suite 6 Upgrade from MPS 5 August

This specially priced Music Production Suite Upgrade is only for customers who purchased MPS 5 in August, 2023. Please do not order if you purchased MPS 5 at an earlier time.

I purchased MPS 5.2 in July, so does not appear to be eligible for this special price... 😭

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Here’s what Uncle E from JRR posted  about the issue @kvr today:
“ We put it up exactly as IZotope told us to put it up. There is no official word yet about what’s happening but our IZotope rep basically said it’s gone. If you had a license automatically issued after checkout, you’re fine. If there was no license issues at checkout, it means we will most likely have to refund you.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. No reason for anyone to feel bad about getting a deal. Izotope has made plenty of money on me. I paid $150 for Breaktweaker only to see it discounted 6 months later for $50.  Nowadays, you can get it as low as $9. And that's just one example. I've overpaid Izotope on a few upgrades, only to find out that I could have gotten it cheaper by getting the advanced version of the product included with other products in production bundles like this for cheaper than my upgrade price. You win some, you lose some.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

I wonder if Izotope is the next Magix - more upgrades but less bells and whistles.  Sometimes a great product peaks and there's not much to improve upon it. 

Maybe. The products are mature and very usable in different workflows. However, I suspect that they want to be on top of the AI game, so new modules are likely to come. And Nectar just got more fun with the background module, which will attract other people than me. The results now are only convincing if you want something left-field. But time will tell. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. No reason for anyone to feel bad about getting a deal. Izotope has made plenty of money on me. I paid $150 for Breaktweaker only to see it discounted 6 months later for $50.  Nowadays, you can get it as low as $9. And that's just one example. I've overpaid Izotope on a few upgrades, only to find out that I could have gotten it cheaper by getting the advanced version of the product included with other products in production bundles like this for cheaper than my upgrade price. You win some, you lose some.

Same here. Loved their Iris and bought it. Next, it was free all over. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

So, for those like me, who also didn't get the Mod and Crush pack plugins at first install; I updated Native Access, reintroduced the NI effects serial from the bundle, and now they show up in NA, ready to be installed. 

I tried that last night with NA v2 and it didn't work.  Then I see there's a NEW NA version today and will try again.  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It seems the trend is pricing errors.   Buy it for instant gratification, they remove it and expect your instant gratification will be willing to pay the higher price.  This is happening way too much to be considered mistakes.

Ha ha. You're probably right. There is probably a bit of psychology going on there, and I'm sure it works on some people. We always want what we are told we can't have.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

Ha ha. You're probably right. There is probably a bit of psychology going on there, and I'm sure it works on some people. We always want what we are told we can't have.

It's best to jump on offers that seem to be too good to be true very soon. Most of the time it's some intern casting his or her magic which doesn't last long. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I think it was an intentional bait amd switch. No way to confirm. I think someone just forgot to add the part that restricted it.

It's quite expensive now. Which will have caused a lot of frustration, too. I rather think it was the Intern from Hell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

It's quite expensive now. Which will have caused a lot of frustration, too. I rather think it was the Intern from Hell. 

Interns take a lot of blame lol. I doubt this came down to a  lone wolf negligent intern. These are not small companies.  Of course it's possible, but I would like to think the path of launch, including price verification process is all on one person.  This took intentional wording of launch to be different from intent AND an upgrade requirements also to be different. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Interns take a lot of blame lol. I doubt this came down to a  lone wolf negligent intern. These are not small companies.  Of course it's possible, but I would like to think the path of launch, including price verification process is all on one person.  This took intentional wording of launch to be different from intent AND an upgrade requirements also to be different. 

Just joking. For four eyes principle implemented, a lot goes wrong in the world. I've worked for a lot of very big companies as a consultant and was often surprised how primitive decision processes were handled in many places. Not for big bank transactions, but for pricing or advertising for example. 

And yes, for the IT risk management for time critical advertising of a world famous investment company, the 20 year old intern was sent to me. 

Edited by ralfrobert
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, fitzroy said:

So, for those like me, who also didn't get the Mod and Crush pack plugins at first install; I updated Native Access, reintroduced the NI effects serial from the bundle, and now they show up in NA, ready to be installed. 

4 hours ago, mibby said:

I tried that last night with NA v2 and it didn't work.  Then I see there's a NEW NA version today and will try again.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, mibby said:

It worked for me when I installed the latest Native Access on my travel laptop and re-registered the serial number in NA.

THis worked for me also.  And I had trouble d/l and installing GR7 because I thought my NA was up-to-date. But it wasn't.  (Thanks @cclarry... again!)

So I had just updated and instaed the latest verswion of NA and still couldn't get the fx pack. 

This morning I started NA and it updated itself. Re-entered the serials and I got

Bite
Choral
Dirt
Flair
Freak

Installing now

3 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

a lot of very big companies ....... and was often surprised how primitive decision processes were handled

This is like the place where I work. Been there little over a year now and I am still astonished at how they go about the decision process. A lot of us at work are constantly asking "Did they really think this through?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1