NI - Big deals now

TracingArcs

The longer they wait, the harder pulling the plug becomes.

Maybe with hardware, since they haven't shipped anything (yet?), they'd probably have the best case scenario on going "oops, we had wrong prices. Apologies." With digital goods that were already delivered and activated, the line becomes a crap on murkier.

Having worked around some similar, but way smaller scale stuff before in a different field, I think one question they're mulling over is the 3rd party sales and what their contracts say about responsibilities in their own supposed screw ups. As one might remember, the Impact Soundworks sale sometime ago revealed some peculiarities in their symbiosis with Native's platform and I doubt 3rd party sellers are keen to pick up the bill for someone else's mishaps.

Yet, the bigger question is how didn't a company as big as Native pick up the supposed problem faster? And if they did, how did they not hit the kill switch sooner? Surely they'd have indication and alarms on servers getting unusually hammered and orders coming in at record paces.

Edited by Kirean
Language filters

4 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I did get an order confirmation for the Traktor S2 I ordered, and it hasn't been cancelled (yet). 

So I guess it's a waiting game then...

But they should have a proper communication out right now. It's 13:30 in Germany already

The „order confirmation“ you’re talking about is automated and means nothing. It includes something like „sales will be checked manually and are only final once the products have been shipped.

The actual confirmation of receiving the products is an e-mail labeled „invoice / shipment notification“, and as far as I can see in other forums, no one has received any word on what will happen to hardware orders, but keep in mind they honoured hardware orders of the last massive glitch „sale“.

Anyway, I want my 5 Maschines now, so I can have one in each room.

19 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Was u-he Zebra for sale on there? I looked at the time, but couldn't find it for some reason. But it is NKS compatible as well, so I would've thought it would be in the store too. 

Zebra Legacy is not sold on any third party site unfortunately, not sure why. Would love to get it through Plugin Boutique or something...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Solidos said:

Zebra Legacy is not sold on any third party site unfortunately, not sure why. Would love to get it through Plugin Boutique or something...

That explains it then... I almost missed out on these prices looking for Zebra, as I would've definitely jumped at that. Still very happy with what I got in the end anyway, but Zebra would've been nice :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

Ok. Something is up. I cannot login with NA2. It just says it will not start. But had no problems yesterday or last couple of weeks. Are they blocking access ? Anyone else with the issue ?

Seems to be unrelated https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/16408/native-access-down-user-requires-authentification-unable-to-log-in

• Like 1

Someone posted this in VI Control:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. We had a temporary pricing error in our online shop from 3 am to 2:30 pm last Sunday, September 3. This error caused nearly all products to be discounted by over 60%. Once we became aware of the issue, we identified the root cause and made the necessary fix.
If you purchased software products during this timeframe, your order will remain unaffected. We recognize that these orders have already been fulfilled and we respect the fact that you may have already installed and used them in your projects.

Unfortunately we cannot honor the prices on any hardware orders that were placed during this period. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this might cause. These orders will be cancelled and we have begun to issue the refunds. This may take a few days to arrive depending on your payment method. As a gesture of goodwill, we are offering all affected customers a 10% voucher for future hardware purchases which will be sent out via email today. We know a situation like this can be frustrating and we appreciate your understanding. Looking forward, we can assure you that we have adjusted our process to prevent such errors in the future.

If you have any questions about your order, please reach out to our Customer Care team here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/sections/360000092537 I'll be closing this thread as the matter pertains to specific order details, which are best addressed by our dedicated support team.

Supposedly posted somewhere in Native's forums but couldn't find it myself with a quick glance.

Found the source: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/92184/#Comment_92184

So hardware buys : Nay

Software buys: Yay

Should have bit on that Jade Ethnic Orchestra thing :(

Edited by Kirean
Added source for quote
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Zo said:

More seroulsy , are you guyz that have jumped on crazy prices have all your  purchased licences ?

See the post above yours. They're honouring all the software purchases, so grats to everyone who got Strezov and the likes.

I only made a modest purchase with GGD M&M but I'm extremely happy with it and I think it's already my second favourite library after Tokyo Scoring Drums.

• Like 1