After latest update, cannot view top tracks

Harley Dear

2 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Not sure what's being said here. I'm reading it that once their authorization period has expired you're basically stuffed. Upgrade to the paid version or do without? This can't be the case surely

No that's not what's being said.

The authorization server has been upgraded to support the upcoming Sonar/Next releases.  This is incompatible with the old authorization server.

When their authorization period runs out, the CbB 2022.11 release (and all releases of CbB before it) will try to connect to a now defunct authorization server, so the authorization will fail.

CbB 2023.09 does work with the new authorization server.  So:

- If you're using CbB 2022.11 or earlier, it'll continue to work until the authorization period runs out.
- At that point, you'll need to upgrade to CbB 2023.09.

Of course, when Sonar is released you can always get that too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

No, Mark didn't say that either.

2023.09 will connect to the new server to authorise.

Any prior versions will need to update to this version to continue to work past their authorised period because the server they used to connect to doesn't work anymore.

You left out the part if your internet goes done you CANNOT AUTHORIZE this newest "whatever" 09.

Also it's NOT that the server they use to connect to doesn't work anymore - They did this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

You left out the part if your internet goes done you CANNOT AUTHORIZE this newest "whatever" 09.

Also it's NOT that the server they use to connect to doesn't work anymore - They did this.

Does your internet go down for months at a time?!?!?

On 9/3/2023 at 4:31 AM, OutrageProductions said:

Reading is hard, Comprehension even more so.

21 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This isn't a beta version, it's an early access.

If this bug wasn't found, it's likely this version would have been released as the final version.  So far we're not aware of any other specific issues in this release, but we'll keep an eye out for any reports over the next couple of days.

Touché  😁

15 hours ago, msmcleod said:

No that's not what's being said.

The authorization server has been upgraded to support the upcoming Sonar/Next releases.  This is incompatible with the old authorization server.

When their authorization period runs out, the CbB 2022.11 release (and all releases of CbB before it) will try to connect to a now defunct authorization server, so the authorization will fail.

CbB 2023.09 does work with the new authorization server.  So:

- If you're using CbB 2022.11 or earlier, it'll continue to work until the authorization period runs out.
- At that point, you'll need to upgrade to CbB 2023.09.

Of course, when Sonar is released you can always get that too.

Thank you for the confirmation

35 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Unfortunately when people just remove comments replies that come after lose meaning unless they quote the comments.  Often, other forum members are left wondering what the original comments were.  

So it was sloppy reading on my part, probably, I got impressions with so many words describing a simple thing they were biting round the bush to actually remove all authorizationon CbB.

- but this was wrong

- but you are right, I will let original comment stay in future

I am concerned that  new Sonar will have this 6 month authorize too, since why I dropped CbB 3 years ago was that I could not get that working to reauthorize. I didn't want to sit and not have a working tool anymore. I just went back to Sonar, no issues with that after doing a full rescan all plugins.

- it's no purchase new Sonar for me with this kind of authorizing

- there were no confirmation that I know it  is authorized, and no next expire date or anything

- it just kept warning authorizing within a week or whatever it was, so what I did was not working

- I put a question here on forum, and nobody cared to reply, it just fell down the pages

Edited by Larioso

14 hours ago, gustabo said:

Does your internet go down for months at a time?!?!?

OK. So obviously you know what contributes to needing an authorization and also the time frame? Please let us know then. Thank You.

sorry, I am just not happy with the direction they are taking. I don't mind paying for something, I have paid for CW for over 30 years.
I just don't like the restrictions and BS thrown in with it. excuse me.

Edited by Pathfinder

42 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

OK. So obviously you know what contributes to needing an authorization and also the time frame? Please let us know then. Thank You.

sorry, I am just not happy with the direction they are taking. I don't mind paying for something, I have paid for CW for over 30 years.
I just don't like the restrictions and BS thrown in with it. excuse me.

6 months, widely known in the forums...

59 minutes ago, gustabo said:

6 months, widely known in the forums...

OK just one more thing and I'll be silent. You know this 6 months will still apply? since things like internet is needed and many other changes?
Not being sarcastic, curious if this still holds true is all. 
Thanks for all your replies with info!

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

OK just one more thing and I'll be silent. You know this 6 months will still apply? since things like internet is needed and many other changes?
Not being sarcastic, curious if this still holds true is all. 
Thanks for all your replies with info!

Wait and see.
Current version won’t be able to activate once 2023.09 is released.

@Harley Dear thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is the whole point of early access so we can squash any unnoticed issues.
Even bug fixes can expose problems so its critical to have a bigger pool of users such as you do final tests.

My only request is that rather than making new threads, any EA related issues should always be reported in the main EA thread. Otherwise we risk not seeing it.

4 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Harley Dear thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is the whole point of early access so we can squash any unnoticed issues.
Even bug fixes can expose problems so its critical to have a bigger pool of users such as you do final tests.

My only request is that rather than making new threads, any EA related issues should always be reported in the main EA thread. Otherwise we risk not seeing it.

I posted in the main topic that I started to face problems with normalization when performed on multiple selected tracks.
I already reproduced the error in several projects. I gave up normalizing that way.

11 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Oh, I didn't know that sorry. I didn't even realise I'd updated with an 'early version' and just thought it was something stupid I'd done to one of my settings.
Glad it helped though 😁