United Plugins Plamen Intro Sale

cclarry

12 hours ago, chris.r said:

Waiting for comparisons against Fabfilter Saturn... 😃

2 minutes of checking things online reveal that 
while Plamen has some nice features  (both have a somewhat similar GUI and a multiband approach)
Saturn offers a more features (saturation types, modulation, drive on top of saturation, etc.) for approximately $110 additional (at this moment in time) more. 
https://www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/using/bandcontrols
https://www.fabfilter.com/products/saturn-2-multiband-distortion-saturation-plug-in
as such I personally don't consider them all that similar.  Getting Plamen might obsolete my various preamp type plugins.

The real question is does Plamen offer something you need that merit the current price of $17 to $19 to add it to your collection.

Not dissing Plamen but if price is the only qualifying factor and you can live without VST3 you can pick up Omicide (a 4 band distortion plugin) for free at
https://ohmsweet.ohmforce.com/pages/legacy-ohmicide

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The real question is does Plamen offer something you need that merit the current price of $17 to $19 to add it to your collection.

I have learnt to snug the United Plugins' at their intro prices as they won't come back at that low quickly. I'm missing a multiband saturation in my toolkit and at the same time can't justify the over $100 higher price for an industry standard, I'm producing/mixing mostly for myself/friends. So it's Plamen for me I guess. And thanks for the Ohmicide tip!

13 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I do not own either. But for me Mid/Side processing is definitely a plus. It is a nice way to add width using saturation more to the sides. I see from the FabFilter Saturn documentation that it has it. But I can't see from the UA website if Plamen has it.

Yeah that's a good question, will have to check that too. But anyway, for mid/side saturation I already have the sweet sweet Vertigo VSM 3.

• Like 2

Interested because it looks cool but seems pretty unlikely it does something that MSaturatorMB doesn't do or that I really need MB saturation in the first place.

Vertigo VSM-3 is also cool and have that but also had the same realization that MSMB even has more control with the type of harmonics and where they are applied.

• Like 2

Looks neat, but I've already got a multiband splitter with parallel processing abilities that I can use with any number of plugins.  So, multiband / parallel features of plugins are a thing of the past.  Now I just look for single use plugins instead of those offering parallel/ multiband features... Thanks to Waves Audio for Studio Rack :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1