ETI Roads, Free Rhodes KONTAKT Library - Very Nice!

PavlovsCat

Has anyone successfully downloaded this? I’ve tried about 4 times downloading via direct download in my browser. And I’ve tried multiple times using a download manager. All attempts have been unsuccessful for me. I’m able to get around 4 or 5 GB downloaded… but then the download just ends abruptly and I’m unable to resume. I’ve been trying to dl this since this post was originally posted =/ I’ve got a pretty reliable broadband connection too.

Anyone else having trouble downloading?

2 hours ago, Lionel said:

Has anyone successfully downloaded this? I’ve tried about 4 times downloading via direct download in my browser. And I’ve tried multiple times using a download manager. All attempts have been unsuccessful for me. I’m able to get around 4 or 5 GB downloaded… but then the download just ends abruptly and I’m unable to resume. I’ve been trying to dl this since this post was originally posted =/ I’ve got a pretty reliable broadband connection too.

Anyone else having trouble downloading?

This sounds like a problem on your end. I have set up links for both the Dropbox and Google Drive download now, but if a link wont work, it won't let you download at all. Check if you have enough space left to download the files, that your internet connection doesn't have problems or try another browser.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eduard Telik said:

This sounds like a problem on your end. I have set up links for both the Dropbox and Google Drive download now, but if a link wont work, it won't let you download at all. Check if you have enough space left to download the files, that your internet connection doesn't have problems or try another browser.

It does sound like the problem is with your ISP. Your broadband connection may be good, but there may be constraints imposed by your specific account.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BTP said:

I downloaded it on first try. Do you have enough disk space to download it?

Yeah, I have a dedicated hard drive just for samples and sound library downloads. Well over 4 TB of available space. And it’s NTFS format… so I don’t have any issues with big files.

1 hour ago, Eduard Telik said:

I definitely have enough disk space. It could be my internet provider, which is AT&T. Never really had issues with them in the past, though.

I recently looked at my download manager, and it’s actually working this time…surprisingly. It has downloaded 5.22 GB of 8 GB so far. So, that’s quite promising!  Besides the web traffic issues due to the initial popularity of the .zip file, Google Drive was acting weird because it wouldn’t let me resume my download progress in my web browser. And it wouldn’t let me download via my download manager at all in my previous attempts.

Now that it’s downloading in my download manager… I’m hopeful now! 

Btw, thanks for adding DropBox link as well! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

It does sound like the problem is with your ISP. Your broadband connection may be good, but their may be constraints imposed by your specific account.

Yeah, I think you’re right about that. Besides initial web traffic, everyone else has seem to have downloaded this easily and quickly.

So, quick update:

My download via Google Drive was stalled at 5.22 GB.  It said, "Download Quota Reached."

However, that DropBox link was the solution for me.  I was able to download easily averaging just under 2MB/sec. 

Can't wait to try out this library!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

So, quick update:

My download via Google Drive was stalled at 5.22 GB.  It said, "Download Quota Reached."

However, that DropBox link was the solution for me.  I was able to download easily averaging just under 2MB/sec. 

Can't wait to try out this library!

Aha. I knew there had to be a limit somewhere. Glad you finally got the full download.

And make sure you d/l the manual at: Download - English version

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

Aha. I knew there had to be a limit somewhere. Glad you finally got the full download.

And make sure you d/l the manual at: Download - English version

Thanks, John.  Yeah, I didn't know there were limits to Google Drive... must be a really popular download! 😅

And thanks for the heads up about the manual... I didn't think about that! 👍

On 8/26/2023 at 10:35 AM, Fleer said:

No worries @PavlovsCat, as @kitekrazy is also just being funny. 
That’s the way the man struts.
Boom, like that 😎

It was my first thought when I seen 96k as in someone beat me to it.  I'm not into large file sizes.   Some of the stuff in Komplete is going in that direction.  Higher bit rate is overrated.  

Some ISPs will now cap your data limit.  Imagine if all developers started going with higher bit rates. 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

@kitekrazy it's fantastic that you've put this on-line for free. You never know,  you might get some work out of this :) Perhaps you should open a tip jar. I'm sure some good folk would pass on the support.

I remember coming across a similar university project from Korea that sampled a ton of really obscure instruments (well, obscure for me), and I still use them regularly in my mixes as they add a bit of uniqueness to the mix. Completely free libraries sampled to perfection.

I hope your Rhodes ends up being used in thousands of tracks so you can say, "hey, that's my baby!"

BTW: I just downloaded via google drive without problems. Nice!

Edited by Philip G Hunt

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

@kitekrazy it's fantastic that you've put this on-line for free. You never know,  you might get some work out of this :) Perhaps you should open a tip jar. I'm sure some good folk would pass on the support.

I remember coming across a similar university project from Korea that sampled a ton of really obscure instruments (well, obscure for me), and I still use them regularly in my mixes as they add a bit of uniqueness to the mix. Completely free libraries sampled to perfection.

I hope your Rhodes ends up being used in thousands of tracks so you can say, "hey, that's my baby!"

BTW: I just downloaded via google drive without problems. Nice!

Hey Philip,

Out of curiosity, is that project from Korea still around on the web? 

• Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Looks like they've only developed Android and iOS apps so far. No vsti.

Try the "VSTI Shortcut" link at top right. They have a single VSTi, but I'm not sure whether it includes all instruments.

I opted for the 23(!) Kontakt 5 instruments, also on the VSTi page. Pretty nice. 

Edited to add: The plugin is VST3 only, I think, and includes samples in WAV format. The Kontakt libs have no separate samples, but links for EXS24 and Live Sampler are included next to the Kontakt links. 

Edited by Zolton