This could End my Channel - SpectreSoundStudios

Old Joad

18 hours ago, craigb said:

Not sure why people still use YouBoob anymore.

Because that's where all the content and the exposure are. Nobody is gonna move to a platform full of politics extremists and other sorts of nutjobs which were banned from YouTube. And this is precisely the reason why people still use popular social media despite alternatives existing as well.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Because that's where all the content and the exposure are. Nobody is gonna move to a platform full of politics extremists and other sorts of nutjobs which were banned from YouTube. And this is precisely the reason why people still use popular social media despite alternatives existing as well.

Except all the actual extremists are ON YouTube...  

• Haha 1

For myself, his style leaves me... I don't like it much. It's not too bad though. I can sit through it. He does make some really valid points towards the end. That actually surprised me. Wasn't expecting much deep thought!! LOL!

Which brought me to one of his videos on recording. He gave some good straight up advice.

May watch more of his stuff. 

• Like 1

Considering the term "Conspiracy Theorist" was coined by Allen Dulles when he was the head of the CIA to identify those who knew the truth about the Kennedy assassination, I certainly don't mind being one!  Later, in 1967, he had letters sent to all the mass media at the time to use the term in a belittling manner hoping to shame people into only following the provided government narrative.  Not much has changed there!  I don't use F***book or most of the other social disease sites.  I still use YouTube for many things, but when much that is known to be true is being censored, you have to go elsewhere.

(Yes, I meant to say it that way.)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grem said:

For myself, his style leaves me... I don't like it much. It's not too bad though. I can sit through it. He does make some really valid points towards the end. That actually surprised me. Wasn't expecting much deep thought!! LOL!

Which brought me to one of his videos on recording. He gave some good straight up advice.

May watch more of his stuff. 

I like him, he doesn't BS and it cracks me up when he freaks out🙃

• Like 1

Yeah, Glenn is pretty cool. In the past he's had some pretty closed-minded opinions about stuff until he was set straight by people who know better, but to his credit he's gone "well now I know" and has adjusted his opinions on stuff rather than sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LA LA LA not listening."  I don't agree with everything he says (some of his pickup opinions miss the point a little in places, for example) but if you can get past "angry metal guy yells about stuff" it's actually a pretty good channel. It'd be a shame if it had to be shuttered.

• Like 2

I did watch the whole video before it was posted here and I feel like it would have been better without the shouty bits. With them, the video doesn't feel as serious as the subject he's talking about requires. Just let go of the grumpy persona (I've spoken to Glenn in his server a few times and he's not like that outside of videos) for 5 minutes and deliver the message.

• Like 1

It's a gimmick that works for him - I don't think the channel would have taken off at all of it wasn't for "angry metal guy smashes Line 6 Spider" kind of videos. He knows it and he definitely plays up to it. It's kind of sad that you have to resort to a lot of bait-style things like that (not to mention the thumbnail and title clickbait) to get past the algorithms on there, but if this is your livelihood like it is with his, I can appreciate why he keeps milking the gimmick.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

It's a gimmick that works for him - I don't think the channel would have taken off at all of it wasn't for "angry metal guy smashes Line 6 Spider" kind of videos. He knows it and he definitely plays up to it. It's kind of sad that you have to resort to a lot of bait-style things like that (not to mention the thumbnail and title clickbait) to get past the algorithms on there, but if this is your livelihood like it is with his, I can appreciate why he keeps milking the gimmick.

I do get it. I just don't think it does him any favors on a video which is supposed to be serious.