This could End my Channel - SpectreSoundStudios

Old Joad

On 8/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, bitflipper said:

Words I never thought I'd hear out of anybody's mouth: "Dee Snyder, thank you for being a role model".

Words of truth right there.

I did not like Twisted Sister... at all.

But he is right... Dee did show all them guys up. He ain't stupid for sure. 

[TOTP!]

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

Encouraging that the top 10 things a guitarist should know does not include knowing how to play a guitar. Encouraging because it implies that the engineer will make any garbage you play sound good. 

"We'll fix it in the shrinkwrap" - Frank Zappa

Couldn't agree more about learning to wrap cables properly, though. I don't know why guitarists are so resistant to learning the "roadie wrap". My drummer can do it. Heck, even the bassist can do it. Maybe even the singer could do it, but that would fall under "manual labor" so we'll never find out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Joad said:

The 1st thing I learned after ( If it doesn't work plug it in)

Or "have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

That IT-Crowd meme actually worked for me recently. Our guitarist's multi-fx/amp emu box started making awful screeching sounds just as we took the stage and prepared to start the first song. The whole band turned to me in unison, because, well, "Dave can fix it". I turned the unit off, waited 5 seconds and rebooted it, once again saving the day and cementing my reputation as the band's nerd-in-residence.

• Like 1