Alright Already, when Is Sonar being released!!

jesse g

• jesse g changed the title to Alright Already, when Is Sonar being released!!
On 8/18/2023 at 10:08 PM, jesse g said:

I have been waiting and I don't like to be kept waiting Bakers, I'm getting hungry!!!

Later this year means at the  earliest Oktober......

Edited by Pragi
  • Thanks 1

I really like CbB, but I really don't care for the External Insert section.  I like using Pipeline XT in Studio One 6. It has a better view and the managing of it is better as well. 

Bakers, can you change the External Inserts in CbB ????  Please !!!

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Itching to spend some money on the "free" DAW now? 🙂 

Bapu,

I think there will be way more in the New Sonar that will not be available in the CbB version. I don't think were being told about everything that will be included in the release.  I had a trial of Studio One 6 Pro and I liked using it very much, especially the Pipe Line XT with my outboard gear.  So I am thinking about purchasing the Studio One 6.2 Pro version  for my Studio Desktop and just using the freebie version of CbB on my laptop.  However,  I want to make sure that the new Cakewalk Sonar has a chance to remain my favorite DAW.  The one I choose will be the one that will be installed on my Desktop Computer and the one I will mainly use,

• Great Idea 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:01 AM, Bapu said:

I love that elegant approach. Used it recently in a mix and I will be using it all the time from here on out.

Bummer this week. My TK Audio BC-501 Stereo Bus Compressor stated acting funny. The left output was consistently 6-10db louder than the right. Since I feed this BC with a pair of L/R Tape emus I thought they were at fault. Swapped them out with known working units feed another Bus Compressor. No love with new tape emu son TK Audio and the old tape emus on the other Bus Compressor.

I bought this used for about $664 out the door from ebay. It was manufactured in 2017 so I hope it's not too expensive to repair. Sent it off today. A brand new one is $1099.00 as is about all the 500 series stereo bus compressors (SSL is $1299).

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

i admire your optimism 👍

Perhaps he is talking about bugs, or clunkyness, or perhaps 'workarounds'.

I still remember your comment about SONAR's manual over at Beyond My Daw, gave me a good chuckle then and still brings a smile to my dial when I have occasion to recall it, I think I even saved the page somewhere, good times. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heath row said:

I still remember your comment about SONAR's manual over at Beyond My Daw, gave me a good chuckle then and still brings a smile to my dial when I have occasion to recall it, I think I even saved the page somewhere, good times. 👍

that makes me happy, although i have no recollection of what i might have said 🤪

• Haha 1