Waves adding a 2nd license - Fans rejoice! (Yes, it’s irony…)

Yan Filiatrault

I love using hardware, however, the problem is that I can't place what I want on several tracks without mixing it down first. So, I guess I will have to get more hardware and less plugins.   Sorry Waves, but I gotta kick you to the curb.

Untitled.jpg.336408509a4ef268d89eb42013dacf9c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I love using hardware, however, the problem is that I can't place what I want on several tracks without mixing it down first. So, I guess I will have to get more hardware and less plugins.   Sorry Waves, but I gotta kick you to the curb.

Untitled.jpg.336408509a4ef268d89eb42013dacf9c.jpg

Love the image. Saved to my IMGUR account. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

Re: Nokia

KIANOKIA.thumb.jpg.a963e2de96010e2b166e80e6b5405075.jpg

🤣

Hats off to Hyundai (brand) for their success with the Kia brand. Kia was (and still is) the secondary brand to the Hyundai (car). Back in the '90s, before Hyundai's quality improvement efforts, the Hyundai cars were pretty awful, and Kias were terrible. To quickly improve product quality ahead of their international push, Hyundai did something brilliant. When Toyota released the 5th generation of the Camry, Hyundai bought the entire 4th gen manufacturing line and moved it to Korea. Their next generation of Sonatas were 4th gen Camrys with different sheet metal. They reverse-engineered the 4th gen Camry and adapted what they learned to their own design and manufacturing efforts. They still needed to offer that 10 year warranty to overcome existing buyer hesitation due to previous awful product quality. But...it took them several years before they applied those learnings to Kia. On a relative level, Kia was their Chevy to the Hyundai Oldsmobile (before GM corrupted it). Now, I've met several people who think that Hyundai cars are the second brand of Kia. THAT'S excellent marketing. I spent 9 months riding around Seoul in taxis when I worked there. The 'mobum' (deluxe) taxis were the new Camrys/Sonatas, while the regular taxis were Kias and similar. They were miserable. 

Hyundai has come a LONG way. 

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3

There was a weird news article recently that both Baltimore and Delaware police are offering FREE steering wheel locks for Hyundai and Kia owners since they are the most frequently stolen vehicles (and keeps going up). Left me sort of baffled since 1) that implies Hyundai and Kia have no GPS built into the vehicle (??), and 2) steering wheel locks take all of 15 seconds to bypass.

I hit that forum bug the other day myself. Editing out an errant "s" in a reply with quotes turned my entire reply into a quote and deleted the quoted material to boot :(

• Like 1