MSoundFactory Le $39

asprog

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

What's your take on the including drums @Fleer? I remember installing something -- I think a trial of this a few years ago and I really liked the synths, but I don't recall downloading the drums. 

Well, there’s more than a few, 4 actually. I haven’t downloaded the larger ones yet. In total, there’s almost 80GB of drum libraries to get. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Installed it, activated it, now going through some of the presets. 

Then I learn IO have to d/l the sound content. first one is over 3gb. The second one, all drums, is 1gb. Then there is another 20gb of free content to explore! 

Gotta work in the morning. So I won't get a chance to hear them all.

This was worth the $40 I spent.

I already owned MDrummer, so I had a lot less to download. Meldway turned out to be more than 40 GB. There were also 2 updates that were downloaded and installed (about 5 GB total).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Maar said:

There were also 2 updates that were downloaded and installed (about 5 GB total).

Yeah I noticed that after I d/l the Essentials there was an update to them.

Will have to d/l the update for the Piano tonight.

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

How would one use the drum packs, say, Drum Empire 2000, within MSoundFactory LE, without an MDrummer license? Is there a drum instrument that can load/use the samples? 

I asked Melda and got a positive answer that MDrummer is included in MSoundFactory (full version), so the MDrummer packs are fully playable in MSF. Same goes for MXXX as it’s included in MSF (full version) but of course you’ll only be able to use those FX inside MSF (full) on MSF generated sounds, not on external synths.

Don’t know it this can be done in MSF LE though. 

Got this from VI-Control:

From an empty MsoundFactory hit the "edit" button. Then go to "Generator". Then load up a "Drsampler" and just in the middle to the right you'll see the libraries pop up in a menu.

So I’m pretty sure it won’t work with LE as you can’t access “edit”. 

Thanks, Fleer. Very confusing. On the Drum Empire 2000 page they have a list under "Drum Empire 2020 is used by following plugins" which includes LE, even the free Player. But as you say, no access to edits means no 'Generator', so the only other option would be having a midi instrument that can load the packs, and I have no clue if/where that is included. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Got this from VI-Control:

From an empty MsoundFactory hit the "edit" button. Then go to "Generator". Then load up a "Drsampler" and just in the middle to the right you'll see the libraries pop up in a menu.

So I’m pretty sure it won’t work with LE as you can’t access “edit”. 

Glad that I bought a license for MDrummer the last time it was on a good sale. 🙃

• Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

What's your take on the including drums @Fleer? I remember installing something -- I think a trial of this a few years ago and I really liked the synths, but I don't recall downloading the drums. 

For the LE version I wouldn't download the huge drummer packs unless you own MDrummer personally.  Just the "essential" one.  

The drums sound great but with LE the issue is someone has to have incorporated them into an instrument for you to get value out of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1