Loving the look.

Will.

I am loving the new mobi look. It has a way more modern look with new information on the page you enter. Pretty sweet. Can do with some improvement on the extra space and bigger logo. 

Screenshot_20230726-163846_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Will.

• Will. changed the title to Loving the look.

Yeah--looks more mobile device friendly--smaller text font for messages, more white space.  Less actual content per screen.

Edit button is now hidden under the . . . [more] dots (along with the report button and a share button). 

When the browser is expanded to make the text messages the same as the prior size, images are way huge.

Test:

image.png

Hmmmmm.  Links to old images seem to retain to old size.  Maybe its just that the image posted above is Huge?

Edited by User 905133

Everything is still very much WIP at the moment, so we can expect some funkiness for a little while until @Jesse Jost gets everything back into place. The forum software just had a huge update, so there'll be a few bits and pieces to reconnect.

Looks like great progress so far though :) 

• Like 1

I think that's a good thing, I always wondered myself (that sounds like a gag, but I only just hopped on the other week to help with the spam when we got utterly belted the other week, so I'm still a n00b). I'm sure there'll be some fiddling here and there getting some familiar stuff back, but hopefully this bit stays.

My only request would be to get rid of the Q&A sub forum. It seems a duplicate of this forum.  
I don’t like the fact it doesn’t show the last answer and time so you have to open threads and scroll down to see if the OP has responded to your answers.  
And possibly only 10% of the threads get the best answer checked. 
I freaked out when I noticed the edit button was gone. I use that a lot. Glad it still works 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Edit button is now hidden under the . . . [more] dots (along with the report button and a share button). 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

I freaked out when I noticed the edit button was gone. I use that a lot. Glad it still works 

Yeah; I use it a lot, too.  (I didn't freak out though; I looked for it.) 

On the other hand I freaked out with what for me is causing increased eye strain--the smaller size of the text in posts, the increased amount of white space, and the reduction of the amount of actual content displayed per screen. For me this means more nausea-inducing scrolling is needed to see what used to fit on a single page.

I get that it is better for people who use mobile devices such as smart phones.  However, I tried viewing the forum on my phone this afternoon (which I never do) and the text is way too small for me to read. If I expand the size, I have to scroll left and right in order to read each line of each post.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 2

Sign-in link is missing on my phone unless I rotate it landscape. Top links bar is missing either way.

Once signed in there's no way to sign out.

EDIT: Switching to Desktop site solves those issues.

1. Go to 3 dots at top far right

2. Select Desktop site

3. All links appear

Edited by sjoens

4 hours ago, Will. said:

Mobile (aka mobi) 🤣

So a pet name (dropped 2 characters) not an acronym? Hmmm.🙄

Now that I know what this discussion is all about, I can say that I do appreciate the mobile phone UI improvements and agree that it is much improved. Before, I often, but not always, had to switch to landscape and zoom/scroll to read forum content.