Thinking of selling Keysacape , any altreantive for EP ?

Zo

Hey guyz , i'm actually thinking of selling keyscape , thing is i don't use it 80% of it ...don't care about real pianos , clavinets , ect ....only section that i found superb is EP's  and bass pîanos also ....

I was wondering what alternative i have for great EP's (don't like NI ones)  , Ez keys dream has some great usable tones ..., was looking agospel musicians stuff but interfavce is meh (kontakt asusuakl) , i nknow the'es UVI , but mlaybe yoiu guyz have some other in mind ?

share ;)

I've been using the NI ones but really don't like them. I have the Lounge Lizard Session one which is physical modeling that I'm going to try later today as my last few projects convinced me that I don't like the sound. Arturia also has some modelling EP's, a few patches are included in Analog Lab. I'm going to install the Addictive Keys collection again to see if I gel with those.

• Like 2

I've been thinking about buying Keyscape, funnily enough, and I have most of the EPs out there already since I kinda went overboard collecting things and apparently I'm not done yet 😂

I'm not sure which I would happily part with, and this is the whole issue... each additional library adds something unique. But it does start to get ridiculous having so many flavours. 

In terms of one's that are broadly capable to try to replace Keyscape, Acoustic Samples modelled EPs VReeds and VTines Mk1 for UVI Workstation/Falcon are both great but don't have many presets. Sonic Couture's Broken Wurli and Canterbury Suitcase are also both great and have a bigger range of presets based on famous songs.

Gospel Musicians Neo Soul Keys is pretty broadly capable too although I suspect there'll be more upgrades involved than the other options. 

E Instruments Session Keys Electric bundle is pretty good too although the Kontakt UI has some bugs. 

On the topic of Pianotek I had an aha moment recently when I realised the Rhodes mk2 is not an improved model of a Rhodes by Modartt compared to their first attempt (like I first thought), but more likely refers to a model of a mk2 stage piano, explaining why I didn't really like that Pianoteq model and why I preferred the mk1. I like the EPs in Pianoteq more when I dial back all the fx. 

• Like 1

My two favorite EP collection are Keyscape (indeed superb the Digital EPs are great too), and Neo Soul Keys Studio 2 that you can probably get for cheap during a sale, 50% or more, lot of different presets, that you can heavily customize with many EPs and digital sounds, NSKS2 is not Kontakt, it's its own plugin

Edited by MattMusic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I've been using the NI ones but really don't like them. I have the Lounge Lizard Session one which is physical modeling that I'm going to try later today as my last few projects convinced me that I don't like the sound. Arturia also has some modelling EP's, a few patches are included in Analog Lab. I'm going to install the Addictive Keys collection again to see if I gel with those.

Addictive keys hold but arturia i don't thinks so at all imho 

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Studio One. I get an error message when scanning... I remember it happened before. I think it may be a registry thing. Same thing with Amplitube 5 (4 works fine).

Addictive Keys works fine for me in Studio One. Have you tried XLN support?

22 hours ago, Zo said:

Hey guyz , i'm actually thinking of selling keyscape , thing is i don't use it 80% of it ...don't care about real pianos , clavinets , ect ....only section that i found superb is EP's  and bass pîanos also ....

I was wondering what alternative i have for great EP's (don't like NI ones)  , Ez keys dream has some great usable tones ..., was looking agospel musicians stuff but interfavce is meh (kontakt asusuakl) , i nknow the'es UVI , but mlaybe yoiu guyz have some other in mind ?

share ;)

I'm late to this conversation,  but I agree with The Famous E recommendations, IMO,  it's the best Rhodes library there is. But my absolute favorite electric piano is the Wurlitzer (200A) and the best Wurli libraries I've heard (all of these are superb) are:

1. Skybox Audio-- I learned about them from people on this forum (Bad Penguin immediately comes to mind) and Release recommended them in his above post when he wrote Hammer + Waves Electric (that's the series) -- and think they're superb.

2. Sonic Couture also has an excellent Wurli library called Broken Wurli, which is from another KONTAKT developer. 

3. If you prefer UVI,  another great sounding Wurli -- which I don't own, but only know it from the demos, which sound gorgeous  -- is Acoustic Samples it's called Wurlie. 

I have all the Addictive Keys electric and acoustic pianos and don't find they're in the same league as anything I've mentioned above. Frankly,  I don't use any of them. They're just not that good, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I use Pianoteq mostly these days, but Addictive Keys used to scan ok for me in Studio One. The only 'problem' I would have with it was that it'd unauthorize itself after some Windows updates. It wasn't a problem to reauthorize though.