IK Multimedia MODO Bass 70s J-Bass FREE with Purchase

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

in the free version you only get the 60s P Bass.

You're right. I have the SE version, which I somehow got for free which includes the two models mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Gang5 said:

You're right. I have the SE version, which I somehow got for free which includes the two models mentioned above.

Apart from that and the limitations of the model itself (only 20 frets), you get all the rest of the functionality, so having only one model is not much of a deterrent IMO. The sustain pedal issue is, though.

I have the full version of the original MODO Bass and think IK did a great job. But I didn't upgrade to MODO 2. To be really candid,  I mostly just used it for the Hofner bass. When Orange Tree Samples released their Hofner library I  literally never used MODO Bass again. Because while it's really good, it still doesn't have the fullness of the tone of the best quality sample libraries,  IMO. But it is great how little computer resources MODO Bass takes up and it can do some things sample libraries can't do. Which leads me to wonder if anyone is using MODO Bass along with a bass sample library-- for instance,  layering the two? 

I also can't help but wonder how long it will be before IK releases a MODO electric and/or acoustic guitar and other instruments. 

Edited by PavlovsCat