Polyverse
Infected Mushroom Wider.

Overloud 
Breverb

Boz Digital
David Bendeth +10dB compressor PC Version

Cakewalk
Stock CbB and S-Plat Pro Channel.

Thanks for lending this your time and ears. Yep it is 6:00:00 long sometimes that's how long they need to be.
Constructive criticism welcome as always, any other criticism keep to yourself it is only you that is upset. :) 

• Like 4

On 7/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, Wookiee said:

Constructive criticism welcome as always, any other criticism keep to yourself it is only you that is upset. :) 

I do apologize, as I have no criticism, constructive or otherwise. I rather enjoyed it.

About 2 minutes in the arpeggios were giving me a strong vibe of The Who.   Very clever and inventive.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

I do apologize, as I have no criticism, constructive or otherwise. I rather enjoyed it.

About 2 minutes in the arpeggios were giving me a strong vibe of The Who.   Very clever and inventive.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. I can understand the Who connection, the tune involves 4 instruments playing ARP patterns, one 24 steps, one 16 steps, one 8 steps. The 4th ARP is a little different from the other 3, playing a I, IV, V, over 8 steps, finishing V, VI.

The 24 step pattern starts it all, after 48 bars the 16 step pattern overlaps in a 24 bar repeat. Then the 8 step pattern starts after another 24 bars repeating until the end.

Each pattern steps are based on a major scale progression. The 4th pattern only shows itself a random points. The bass and drums are there just for some fun, growing in content as it progresses to add some interest. 

Appreciate your ears and comments. 

17 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Thank you Jeff. I can understand the Who connection, the tune involves 4 instruments playing ARP patterns, one 24 steps, one 16 steps, one 8 steps. The 4th ARP is a little different from the other 3, playing a I, IV, V, over 8 steps, finishing V, VI.

The 24 step pattern starts it all, after 48 bars the 16 step pattern overlaps in a 24 bar repeat. Then the 8 step pattern starts after another 24 bars repeating until the end.

Each pattern steps are based on a major scale progression. The 4th pattern only shows itself a random points. The bass and drums are there just for some fun, growing in content as it progresses to add some interest. 

Appreciate your ears and comments. 

Appreciate the details.  I'm always impressed by how you have so many interleaving parts and patterns.

Actually, when I read the song title I was expecting a chord structure based on the circle of 5ths.  That might make for a cool follow-up.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Bass, synth drone, drums, various synth lead lines....all nicely put together at a comfortable tempo which really helped me to absorb and feel the music. Nice ending as well🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thank you, glad to hear you enjoyed it all.

15 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Funny. It didn't seem like 6 min.  Sounded alright to me. You got some nice percussion going on.  Much enjoyed. 

Thank you sir. It is the original default Avatar kit from SD2 but in the SD3 engine, a little tweak in the mixer, different snare as well.

• Like 1

Wow Wookiee ! . . . you brought out a lot of toys from the box in this one. I liked it a lot, and found there is much dancing and some counter melodies happening in the overtones all through this . . . I found my ears (and attention) phasing between the overall rhythm and those overtones . . . very enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:42 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

I really liked this - some great  sounds going on throughout  this - i did like the end

What Drum package did you use? - those cymbals sounded very good

Cool Stuff

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, for the drums I used the basic SD2 Avatar kit, but in the SD3 engine, a few tweaks to its mixer, changed the default snare. Then used the Pro Channel version of Boz Digitals,  David Bendeth +10dB compressor in parallel mode. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 5:52 AM, noynekker said:

Wow Wookiee ! . . . you brought out a lot of toys from the box in this one. I liked it a lot, and found there is much dancing and some counter melodies happening in the overtones all through this . . . I found my ears (and attention) phasing between the overall rhythm and those overtones . . . very enjoyable.

Thank you, nice to know it engaged your attention throughout. 😊 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:59 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I found this rather Wooktastic!

(have I coined a term? I don’t know, we’ll leave it to the forum to decide..,)

t

i would have left a like & comment over at SC but it hates my iPhone…

Thank you Tom, Wooktastic hum why not. Appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment, iPhone probably has an issue with it not being some fruit based music streaming service?

• Like 1