UVI - Sweep Machine for $9

Frank

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/uvi-sweepmachine

SweepMachine is a straight-forward yet versatile noise and sweep designer. Those looking for typical sweeps can make them in moments while those favoring deeper sound design will find complex, evolving noise beds and a near endless variety of combinations waiting to be explored through an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.

Sound generation is expertly handled by way of 3 oscillators. Noise, sub and metal layers include 9 typical noise types, 24 metallic textures and a sub oscillator each with independent multimode filters and gain control. Oscillators can be used individually or easily layered to create thousands of variations.

Create sweeps instantly with freely defined length up to 16 bars. Set ramp shape up, down or up and down. Adjustable curve control lets you change the ramp slope while a fully manual modwheel mode lets you freely play the oscillators with your controllers modwheel.

An LFO, flanger, delay and reverb provide even more creative options, expanding possibilities for shape and texture.

Equally suited for both typical and avant-garde uses, SweepMachine is a versatile instrument priced to find a home in any sound design toolbox.

Size : 62 MB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 100 MB in WAV)

Collection : Noise and Sweep Designer

Content : 1 instrument, 100 samples, 41 presets

Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Runs in UVI Workstation version 2.6.15+, and Falcon version 1.4.1+

iLok account (free, dongle not required)

Internet connection for the license activation

Supported Operating Systems:

- Mac OS X 10.14 to macOS 13 (64-bit)

- Windows 10 to Windows 11 (64-bit)

1 GB of disk space

Hard Drive: 7,200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)

4GB RAM (8 GB+ highly recommended for large UVI Soundbanks)

COMPATIBILITY

Supported Formats: Audio Unit, AAX, VST, VST3, Standalone

Tested and Certified in: Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 2019+, Logic Pro X+, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8+, Studio One 2+, Garage Band 6+, Maschine 1+, Tracktion 4+, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5+, Reaper 4+, Sonar X3+, MainStage 3, MuLab 5.5+, FL Studio, Bitwig 1+, Reason 9.5+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, husker said:

Anyone have this?

Yep. I just pulled it up.  It says what it is.  It's handy if you don't want to use samples or program another synth for sweeps. Does anyone need this? I think the same could be said for the latest and greatest EQ but this one is only $9. 

• Like 1

Correction: If you have UVI's Vintage Vault you would not necessarily have this... 

I was about to pull the trigger when I thought to double check if I already had it. It would have been my first accidental double purchase. So I'm glad I avoided that shameful milestone for a little while longer 🙂

Edited by Craig N
Got confused as to how I acquired this
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Craig N said:

If you have UVI's Vintage Vault you would have this... 

I was about to pull the trigger when I thought to double check if I already had it. It would have been my first accidental double purchase. So I'm glad I avoided that shameful milestone for a little while longer 🙂

Are you sure about this?  I have VV 1 - 4, and it isn't included in any of my downloads or products.  

Sorry folks I was mistaken! It's not part of VV.

I figured out why own it ... I bought it separately in January to get the best price possible from AudioDeluxe's UVI Buy More promotion. I had totally forgotten about that. No wonder I went so far above and beyond my planned spend subsequent to Black Friday 2022. It was a helluva deal. 

Apologies for any confusion I caused. It was nominally $27 in January but after discounts I effectively paid $15 for it. So $9 is a great price if anyone has a need for whooshes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

Sorry folks I was mistaken! It's not part of VV.

I figured out why own it ... I bought it separately in January to get the best price possible from AudioDeluxe's UVI Buy More promotion. I had totally forgotten about that. No wonder I went so far above and beyond my planned spend subsequent to Black Friday 2022. It was a helluva deal. 

Apologies for any confusion I caused. It was nominally $27 in January but after discounts I effectively paid $15 for it. So $9 is a great price if anyone has a need for whooshes.

So what do you think about it?  I generally like UVI, so $9 seems good to me.

On 7/8/2023 at 5:52 AM, husker said:

So what do you think about it?  I generally like UVI, so $9 seems good to me.

It definitely makes different kinds of sweeps to Air The Riser, so I guess it's a good tool to have in the arsenal if you want to be able to add that kind of thing to your projects. If you make EDM or ambient type music, or soundtrack type stuff. It has a surprising number of types of noise sound sources, and unique ways to tweak the sound beyond what a typical super synth would offer.

• Like 5