IK Multimedia FX Pick & Mix 2023 Group Buy

ralfrobert

15 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I own no IK software and haven't ever heard of them until this deals forums.  Where do their products stand between Fabfilter, iZotope, Waves Audio, HorNet, Acon Digital, Melda Production, Sonible, and Native Instruments?

I understand a few of the mentioned companies combined, but let's pretend it didn't happen. 😃

People are always going to have different opinions on which effects developers are the best, but IK makes excellent quality effects that are used by many top engineers.  They've been in this business a long time. I think I made my first IK purchase in either in the very early 00s or the late 90s. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

People are always going to have different opinions on which effects developers are the best, but IK makes excellent quality effects that are used by many top engineers.  They've been in this business a long time. I think I made my first IK purchase in either in the very early 00s or the late 90s. 

The hardest part about plugins is deciding if I want more fingers in my computer.  LoL.  You never really know what kind of background apps are running after you use their installer.  Those background apps do use some CPU power, so the more different companies you add, the more this can clog the computer. 😒

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

What I do is I don't install the standalone version and I move all T-Racks plugins I don't have licenses for (including T-Racks Suite, as it will show all the models even if you delete them as well) to a folder which is not scanned by any tools which use VST3 plugins. It's not ideal but what can you do.

What I did was to complete the bundle on the other group buy (then they released new stuff obviously) 😂

54 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Where do their products stand between Fabfilter, iZotope, Waves Audio, HorNet, Acon Digital, Melda Production, Sonible, and Native Instruments...

between Hotone Audio and JST, based on the first letters 🤪

Edited by chris.r
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We stated the installer would install individual processors of choice in T-RackS 6.

Glad to see the MixBox version of Sunset Sound is a good option for some.

Is there anything you can say about the arrival date of T-Racks 6?

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All I can say is not soon.  It isn't on the calendar in the very near future for sure, from what I am seeing.

Thanks. T-Racks is a good piece of software, and I am looking forward to an update. 

51 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We stated the installer would install individual processors of choice in T-RackS 6.

Verrrrrrry Interesting.

Hope you can help convince the powers that be to offer a really good upgrade offer to loyal IK Customers.

How about this: Charge 50 cents for each plug-in/component license already owned to be updated, $1.00 for T-RackS 6 license updates not already owned (up to 30 new licenses ,$2.00 for ones over 30), and a locked in rate of $5.00 per new plug-in/component to be added in the future.  Offer this deal for one month with clearly stated dates.  

The idea is to really reward brand loyalty to those who have been most loyal (as evidenced by past purchases) with a progressive pricing structure.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All I can say is not soon.  It isn't on the calendar in the very near future for sure, from what I am seeing.

Good. You're giving us enough time to update all of our computers to the latest before trying out TR6 :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We should have something for you too, in due time.

I sure would be happy with Di... Dyno My Piano (aka. Tri Stereo Chorus) as a standalone plugin, so that I could use more than just two or three plugins in my projects in future, before things go sideways.

Oh and as you'd be on non guitar stuff, maybe make the Hammond plugin work in Cakewalk. For now I just use other organs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Hammond B-3X should work without issue in Cakewalk.  Have you reported this to the team?  If so let me know your ticket number and I'll see what is going on.

It was already few years ago, I thought the case would be long closed...? I told them guys simple steps to reproduce the issue: draw a long note, like a few bars long. Then draw a smooth crescendo of any control change over it, best would be one that is easily heard back like volume cc#7 or any drawbars. On playback it's smooth but when rendering audio or freezing track, controllers will change only once a few seconds, it's broken (and you can see it on the waveform).

Think they've asked me to make a video but for me it was too sketchy at that time, also I had a home move on my head (had actually too much home moving over last couple years!). Also I know of other users with same issue providing a video so they should have everything.

Let me know if it still makes sense to get back on it and I'll search my emails for the ticket number. Thanks

On 7/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, User 905133 said:

Hope you can help convince the powers that be to offer a really good upgrade offer to loyal IK Customers.

That's not how IKM works. Their business model consists of luring new customers in with better deals, then nick and dime them out of all their money once they're already into the scheme. And that doesn't seem like it will change any time soon, especially considering their profits.

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:
On 7/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, User 905133 said:

That's not how IKM works. Their business model consists of luring new customers in with better deals, then nick and dime them out of all their money once they're already into the scheme. And that doesn't seem like it will change any time soon, especially considering their profits.

Actually I just visited the Upgrades page in my IKM account and there's a complete change! Didn't figure out if more for good or for bad, yet...:D 

• Like 1