Melda 15th Anniversary Sale - 65% off bundles

ralfrobert

3 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I own 3 plugins and with a referral code and 10 credit discount I get the price for the MCreative FX bundle down to €131.

I was thinging of buying the Cab one when it goes on sale for more than 50% but this deal is looking good (despite the fact that I already have all the effects by other devs.)

Just saw thought that the Mturbo Reverb is an LE version. What's with that when none of the other plugins in the bundle are light?

Other alternative is that I just wait for Softube Speaker Shaper to go down to €10 in a sale...which it most likely will the way things are going.

MTurbo ReverbLE is anything but light. The only other algo reverb on the market that I can think of that is as feature rich is the non LE from Melda.  The number of options and controls for LE are staggering.  The non LE version just lets you create or edit reverbs at the level of detail of a mad scientist.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I own 3 plugins and with a referral code and 10 credit discount I get the price for the MCreative FX bundle down to €131.

I was thinging of buying the Cab one when it goes on sale for more than 50% but this deal is looking good (despite the fact that I already have all the effects by other devs.)

Just saw thought that the Mturbo Reverb is an LE version. What's with that when none of the other plugins in the bundle are light?

Other alternative is that I just wait for Softube Speaker Shaper to go down to €10 in a sale...which it most likely will the way things are going.

I’ve been waiting for Cab as well. It’s included in the CreativeFX bundle which is $53 for me so that’s what I’ll do for sure, but $253 for the Complete is compelling. I believe Melda does free lifetime upgrades and new plugins added to bundles. It feel like I’m always wanting one of their plugins, so perhaps it’s time to just bite the bullet. 🤔

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Mturbo Reverb is an LE version. What's with that when none of the other plugins in the bundle are light?

For me, there is not, nor will there likely ever be any functional difference between MTurboReverb and MTurboReverble.

They both have the same devices and presets. MTurboReverb allows you to get under the hood more deeply and edit the reverb algorithms.

Here's a screenshot of my favorite reverb in MTurboReverb(le):

image.png.e4972e1107d0739201235a93bdf63907.png

As you can see, this one single device has 27 different parameters for the user to adjust if the user wishes. That selector that says "Bella" is one of the 9 different algorithms you may select for the "Brichamber" device. There are about 100 different reverb "devices." 100 different reverbs where you can choose your favorite of 9 different algorithms per reverb.

So the non-LE version is for people for whom 900 different flavors of reverb with 26 parameters each isn't quite versatile enough.

IMO, pretty much nobody needs the non-LE version. Without touching a knob other than Dry/Wet, it already sounds as good as anything I've heard (I haven't heard every reverb but I have licenses for the Exponential line and have checked out multiple reverb shootouts on YouTube).

And, confession: I've only ever used the Brichamber device, and only with the "Bella" algorithm, because I stop when I don't think I can make a mix sound any better. It's the first bus reverb I try and inevitably sounds so good that I've never felt the need to switch to another preset. It feels weird to have that many options and stick with only one, but what can I say? I'm a "too many reverbs unfocuses the mix" guy. Only other thing I use is either PhoeNimbuStratus or something extreme like Valhalla Supermassive.

MTurboReverble and MTurboDelay by themselves make any of the 2nd and 3rd tier bundles that includes them a bargain if you don't already have them. Just one great reverb is worth the hundy that MEssentials is going for right now.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

For me, there is not, nor will there likely ever be any functional difference between MTurboReverb and MTurboReverble.

They both have the same devices and presets. MTurboReverb allows you to get under the hood more deeply and edit the reverb algorithms.

Here's a screenshot of my favorite reverb in MTurboReverb(le):

image.png.e4972e1107d0739201235a93bdf63907.png

As you can see, this one single device has 27 different parameters for the user to adjust if the user wishes. That selector that says "Bella" is one of the 9 different algorithms you may select for the "Brichamber" device. There are about 100 different reverb "devices." 100 different reverbs where you can choose your favorite of 9 different algorithms per reverb.

So the non-LE version is for people for whom 900 different flavors of reverb with 26 parameters each isn't quite versatile enough.

IMO, pretty much nobody needs the non-LE version. Without touching a knob other than Dry/Wet, it already sounds as good as anything I've heard (I haven't heard every reverb but I have licenses for the Exponential line and have checked out multiple reverb shootouts on YouTube).

And, confession: I've only ever used the Brichamber device, and only with the "Bella" algorithm, because I stop when I don't think I can make a mix sound any better. It's the first bus reverb I try and inevitably sounds so good that I've never felt the need to switch to another preset. It feels weird to have that many options and stick with only one, but what can I say? I'm a "too many reverbs unfocuses the mix" guy. Only other thing I use is either PhoeNimbuStratus or something extreme like Valhalla Supermassive.

MTurboReverble and MTurboDelay by themselves make any of the 2nd and 3rd tier bundles that includes them a bargain if you don't already have them. Just one great reverb is worth the hundy that MEssentials is going for right now.

I think the le versions are amazing. The main benefit of the full versions are for people who basically want to make their own reverbs. I find the le version is better than almost every reverb I own

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm no authority, so I'm curious which reverb(s) you consider to be equal or superior.

I am far from an authority,  but i find there are a few that I find easier to dial in sound I want. "Better" is debatable so my usage of it is more akin to "usable" than a quality issue. I find liquidsonic seventh heaven professional to be amazing and wish i owned it (i have used it at a studio i visit a lot). Valhalla vintage verb is certainly  the price vs performance king imo. I find myself using Neoverb more and more.  A reverb that might surprise you that i use more is Raum. I wasn't  impressed at first and it still isn't  my goto. I do firmly believe if I dove deeper into Melda, it may be capable of same results. I feel that way about all Melda plugins. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I find liquidsonic seventh heaven professional to be amazing and wish i owned it (i have used it at a studio i visit a lot). Valhalla vintage verb is certainly  the price vs performance king imo. I find myself using Neoverb more and more.  A reverb that might surprise you that i use more is Raum.

I'd probably like Seventh Heaven too. They say it's a Bricasti M7 clone and my favorite MTurbo device is called "Brichamber." I assume from the name that it's supposed to imitate a Bricasti.

I've heard that about Vintage Verb. I guess it's designed to do similar things to Exponential R2/R4/Symphony, which I have and are great. I loved the sounds Robin Guthrie got with Cocteau Twins and those are supposed to emulate those 70's/80's rack 'verbs.

Neoverb sounds great; it's got the Expo algos. iZotope had to go and add their patented CPUGobbler® technology, though, so I haven't explored it so much.

am surprised about Raum. Like most of us I got it because it was free. I tried it and it didn't knock me out. Are you using it as a general purpose 'verb or sound design-y character effect?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'd probably like Seventh Heaven too. They say it's a Bricasti M7 clone and my favorite MTurbo device is called "Brichamber." I assume from the name that it's supposed to imitate a Bricasti.

I've heard that about Vintage Verb. I guess it's designed to do similar things to Exponential R2/R4/Symphony, which I have and are great. I loved the sounds Robin Guthrie got with Cocteau Twins and those are supposed to emulate those 70's/80's rack 'verbs.

Neoverb sounds great; it's got the Expo algos. iZotope had to go and add their patented CPUGobbler® technology, though, so I haven't explored it so much.

am surprised about Raum. Like most of us I got it because it was free. I tried it and it didn't knock me out. Are you using it as a general purpose 'verb or sound design-y character effect?

I use it mostly for character. It works pretty well for weird washy vocals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dee said:

not sure if you guys know but i have upgraded to mcomplete bundle and luke from melda says i cant sell all previous individual purchased plugins.

anyone has similar issue?

regards

I find this obvious if your price is based on what you already owned.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dee said:

not sure if you guys know but i have upgraded to mcomplete bundle and luke from melda says i cant sell all previous individual purchased plugins.

regards

I wouldn't call that an issue unless you bought doubles of individual plugins and were looking to transfer a duplicate but couldn't.  

They gave us a discount on the bundle based on prior purchases and therefore that is exactly what I'd expect is an inability to sell the individual plugins.  I am surprised they don't simply grey out the transfer buttons on everything other than complete when you go all in, but I'd imagine that is more trouble than it is worth.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dee said:

regards

Yes, I saw that admonition on their site several months ago when I was pricing Complete.

1 hour ago, dee said:

regards

It makes sense because your price for complete bundle was based on you already owning products. It's an upgrade. Upgrades usually require you own previous product. 

• Like 1

Dead serious guys @Brian Walton, @Starship Krupa, @dubdisciple, @MrFigg, I found your posts/conversations in this thread really useful and didn’t want to just lurk without acknowledging my appreciation. Beyond learning a bit about MTurboReverble, MrFigg's praise for Raum -- which I had on my machine,  but never used -- led me to spending time with last night and getting to understand its place in my sonic toolbox (I own Neoverb and regularly use it). 

So thanks guys. These little conversations you have can be valuable to others, like me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dee said:

Congratulations on your MCompleteness. Over 100 plug-ins that you'll feel like you barely scratch the surface of. 😄

That is not an "issue."

Those are the terms of purchase. It's similar to most other software companies' policies on upgrade deals: upgrading doesn't grant you the right to sell your previous license(s). You usually retain only the right to use the product(s) that were upgraded. Also, you're usually not permitted to sell individual licenses from a bundle.

From the MComplete bundle, there are over a dozen individual plug-ins that at this point, I don't think I'll ever touch aside from just test driving them. It would be great if I could sell or give away those licenses, but it just doesn't work that way.

I think some of the mystery big purchases I've seen drop credits into my account are from when I put my referral code into a couple of threads (I got hand-slapped by a moderator, but the code is still in older threads) at VI-Control about MeldaProduction. The userbase over there seems to include some high-roller pro types whose idea of checking out a manufacturer's line of goods is to just buy a complete bundle. No "upgrade the FreeFX bundle" for them.

The moral is to get it out there when you can. I always tried to be cool about it and actually type something helpful, like the recipe for getting the FreeFX bundle/pro upgrade for $5 or whatever. No "Use this code for 20% off at MeldaProduction!" followed by nothing else. 🙄

I wonder how much cash I've spent with them over the years. I decided at one point that I had all of their products that I wanted, but the credits kept rolling in and a couple of lowball introductory offers (MTurboAmp, MSoundfactoryLE) on big-ticket items (normally $108 each) came along and....here we are.

Those deep discounts really add up. And it usually comes as a surprise during these 50% off all bundles, 50% off all products, 65% off all bundles sales just how much those little $9-25 purchases and Pluginboutique freebies are really worth in Meldaville.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 3