Softube ⚡ NEW: Amp Room is revamped

cclarry

We've revamped Amp Room. We created four new powerhouse suites: Marshall Suite, Metal Suite, Vintage Suite, and Bass Suite. We've added fresh features, like Suite Mode, new amps, a new way of working with cabs, and a new parametric EQ. The workflow is lightning-fast, and the tones are as epic as ever.

The best part is, as an Amp Room owner, you get Vintage Suite, Metal Suite, and Bass Suite complimentary. Visit Softube Central to update.

All Amp sims have also been updated

Save on the intro price for Amp Room Marshall Suite! Use promo code SUITEDREAMS to save an

EXTRA 10%

https://www.softube.com/amp-room

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 2

and apparently Volume 6 is out.

https://www.softube.com/products/volume-6

The Amp Room manual. I am a Amp Room user and quite like it. But I wish their manual was a little more detailed as to what is new and what new amp and cabs they are adding.

https://www.softube.com/user-manuals/amp-room

Edited by telecode 101
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nicolas T. said:

No update price for volume 6 ? 629 € in cart for me ( I own volume 5) !!!  

i see 129 upgrade price.

so far, it seems just the 3 compressors, new amp room, wasted space and a synth. i was was hoping they were going to add another weiss, more modular bits. oh well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

i see 129 upgrade price.

so far, it seems just the 3 compressors, new amp room, wasted space and a synth. i was was hoping they were going to add another weiss, more modular bits. oh well.

It seems to depend on some expensive items I think? I'm 19 products shy of the Volume 6 price (also 629 for me), which comes down to around €30 per plugin. That's a great deal on singular products, but a lot of money in 1 go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Blanc said:

It seems to depend on some expensive items I think? I'm 19 products shy of the Volume 6 price (also 629 for me), which comes down to around €30 per plugin. That's a great deal on singular products, but a lot of money in 1 go.

Yeah their upgrade mentality sucks.. you could have every single plugin from the bundle and your upgrade price would still only be the price minus the most expensive plugin. I had been waiting to see this one and it's an easy pass. There's not enough unique stuff in there that couldn't be cherry picked in a sale for the most part.

I now see why they retired some of their products right before releasing it as well.. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

The only thing that is keeping me from jumping on it versus using old amp rooms witch i love is the cpu hit , same setting is like 3 x the cpu hit 

And some sounds aren't even the same ....but the fact that they're dropping suppport for old one making me rethink .....last think i needed , droping 50 to an amp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicolas T. said:

No update price for volume 6 ? 629 € in cart for me ( I own volume 5) !!!  

Maybe the update to their site is just working it's way through accounts. If that's not the case, then Softube has taken an even worse turn for customer loyalty, but I think you should be OK 🤣

25 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Yeah their upgrade mentality sucks.. you could have every single plugin from the bundle and your upgrade price would still only be the price minus the most expensive plugin. I had been waiting to see this one and it's an easy pass. There's not enough unique stuff in there that couldn't be cherry picked in a sale for the most part.

I now see why they retired some of their products right before releasing it as well.. 

The only way imho is to resell stuff ..i considered this but the market is so f... up^that i skipped several time even if softube stuff are keeping their valkues usually

1 minute ago, Zo said:

The only way imho is to resell stuff ..i considered this but the market is so f... up^that i skipped several time even if softube stuff are keeping their valkues usually

That definitely is an option, but essentially somebody who has never bought anything from them can just buy one of their most expensive plugins and upgrade for cheaper than someone who has spent a bucketload of cash with them. They just don't get customer loyalty.

Selling plugins is often effort and little returns on them, even though as you mentioned Softube does retain their value a little better. The customer that's never bought from them would still be way in front.

• Like 1

I have Amp Room.  Shows that I own all the other suites except for the Marshall Suite, which is $49 to upgrade.  When I apply the promo code, it jumps to $89.  🤷‍♂️

I have the Plexi, Silver Jubilee, and Bluebreaker, and Marshall Cab Collection.  The only one I know I’m missing is the JMP 2203.  Not sure what else I’m missing.

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Amen to the cherry picking. The only products I don't already own and want to, are the icons compressor collection, the Dyna-Mite, Mutator, the bus processor, the Overstayer and the Mike-e-comp. And I think none of those are included. 

11 minutes ago, ALC said:

I have Amp Room.  Shows that I own all the other suites except for the Marshall Suite, which is $49 to upgrade.  When I apply the promo code, it jumps to $89.  🤷‍♂️

I have the Plexi, Silver Jubilee, and Bluebreaker, and Marshall Cab Collection.  The only one I know I’m missing is the JMP 2203.  Not sure what else I’m missing.

I own the exact same ones and my upgrade price to Marshall Suite is $99...$89 with the code
EDIT:  It's $49....forgot to sign in...derh!

Edited by cclarry

1 minute ago, Nick Blanc said:

Amen to the cherry picking. The only products I don't already own and want to, are the icons compressor collection, the Dyna-Mite, Mutator, the bus processor, the Overstayer and the Mike-e-comp. And I think none of those are included. 

I'm a little the same.. there's not much exciting in there that I don't have.. lots of "good" products and I may use them if I bought Volume just because I have them, but for most of them I probably already have better. The main things from Softube that I have thought about are the Weiss stuff (Compressor/Limiter or DS1-MK3), Chandler and Empirical Labs. Maybe Tube-Tech but probably not.

If I hadn't already bought a bunch of good plugins and instruments, then the bundle would still be a good option.

That's one of the great things about being on this forum and scoring so many bargains on great software, it's so easy to pass up average deals and weak loyalty offers from companies like Softube.

• Like 1

Daaaaaaayum.   I love me some Amproom - nice free updated, even though it doesn't look like CPU hit has been addressed. I have to find some way to keep the current version so my presets still work.  It's not exactly clear what happens to your instances of Amproom already in projects.

Is the new version of Amp Room compatible with my old projects?
Yes, the new version of Amp Room is fully backwards compatible which means that all your old projects will load up exactly as before.

What happened to the old presets?
For the release of the Amp Room Suites, we’ve completely revamped the preset collection with a set of great-sounding presets that will get you up and playing in no time. Want to access the presets from the previous Amp Room version? We’ve conveniently made them available to download here.

https://www.softube.com/support/amp-room/amp-room-faq

• Thanks 4