Izotope Everything bundle upgrade from 199$

Yan Filiatrault

Just a quick rant about the ridiculous copy protection that companies continue to use that does nothing but cause aggravation for paying customers and does nothing for their sales, but apparently they are too inept to realize (not just Izotope) this.  This also may help someone else, so I'll post it not just as a rant, but in hopes of helping someone else. I recently upgraded to the Production Suite 5.2. I already had Ozone 10 standard, so I was looking forward to playing with the Ozone 10 advanced. When I installed all the new products that came with production suite and loaded up my DAW (Reaper) I searched for Ozone 10 advanced but all that came up was standard. I was able to, however, load up the advanced individual modules that Ozone 10 advanced gives you (pretty cool) but the VST3 that is supposed to contain all the modules in one app was still showing standard. So I mistakenly thought that maybe there was a conflict between having both Standard and advanced installed on my system, so I uninstalled standard but yet again, only standard showed up. After further investigation, I noticed that most of my Izotope products were licensed through my iLock dongle but when I installed the Production suite I chose only to authorize to my pc instead of my dongle. Apparently, the pace dongle trumps my pc, and it was causing my DAW to only see the standard version of Ozone, and I can only assume that those standard VST3 files still exist somehow within the advanced installation- given I had uninstalled the standard version. Once I moved my Ozone Advanced authorization over to my iLock dongle, it showed up. Honestly, how much more annoying can we get with all this copy protection nonsense! I promise you Izotope, You are not losing customers to piracy (those people won't pay anyway) but you will and do lose customers to this copy protection nonsense for people less patient than I am.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

Honestly, how much more annoying can we get with all this copy protection nonsense!

Exactly! I have a similar issue with a Nugen Audio plugin. The time when I had bought it (and their plugins are not cheap!), it had iLok protection. No problem for me, I have dongles on my 2 major machines! But now they changed their authorization to challange/response. Like this I cannot update my plugin anymore!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MarcL said:

Exactly! I have a similar issue with a Nugen Audio plugin. The time when I had bought it (and their plugins are not cheap!), it had iLok protection. No problem for me, I have dongles on my 2 major machines! But now they changed their authorization to challange/response. Like this I cannot update my plugin anymore!

I'm not sure what Nugen plugin you are referring to ? Some of the 'cheaper' plugs are serial but the expensive ones are still  ilok. I don't have any of their plugins that I'm not able to update.

Nugen support are pretty responsive and I'm sure they will sort you out if you drop them an email.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

After further investigation, I noticed that most of my Izotope products were licensed through my iLock dongle but when I installed the Production suite I chose only to authorize to my pc instead of my dongle. Apparently, the pace dongle trumps my pc, and it was causing my DAW to only see the standard version of Ozone, and I can only assume that those standard VST3 files still exist somehow within the advanced installation- given I had uninstalled the standard version. Once I moved my Ozone Advanced authorization over to my iLock dongle, it showed up. 

For the record, I have zero iZotope products in/on my iLok system.  Ozone 10 Advanced (VST3) opens fine in Reaper.  I've been using iZotope products for a very long time and have never authorized to iLok - don't know if that is why??

• Like 2

iZotope has the option to pair with iLok, which I also have never used, but once paired I am not sure how much effort it takes to unpair them. From that post it seems quite a bit unfortunately. I do have a few VSTs that forced iLok to use, but only use one of them as a result. The "phone home" feature is outrageous for some programs (Adobe is notable for this, as it has dozens of DLLs with that embedded to ping numerous servers).

5 hours ago, Fwrend said:

For the record, I have zero iZotope products in/on my iLok system.  Ozone 10 Advanced (VST3) opens fine in Reaper.  I've been using iZotope products for a very long time and have never authorized to iLok - don't know if that is why??

I'm sure the dongle is the reason. I'd be willing to bet that if I deauthorized my Ozone 10 Standard from my ilok then I wouldn't need to authorize my advanced version to the dongle and will work fine being authorized to my PC but my point is whyyyyy? These types of glitches are completely due to copyright schemes. There are enough bugs and issues developers deal with just in creating a stable plugin, why spend the extra time and support costs dealing with this copyright crap that does nothing for sales (my opinion) but aggravates paying customers?

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mettelus said:

iZotope has the option to pair with iLok, which I also have never used, but once paired I am not sure how much effort it takes to unpair them. From that post it seems quite a bit unfortunately. I do have a few VSTs that forced iLok to use, but only use one of them as a result. The "phone home" feature is outrageous for some programs (Adobe is notable for this, as it has dozens of DLLs with that embedded to ping numerous servers).

I thinks it's fairly easy to unpair it but it's just the fact that there's wasted time involved trouble shooting an issue like this. In the end it was an easy fix but still unnecessary in my opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Only reason why the have the iLok option was doe Pro Tools users.  I makes no sense otherwise. You can install Izotope on every machine you have.

There is just one single case where it would be an advantage to use iLok: If iZotope would go belly up (I know, it is not so likely for such a big company, but still not impossible), then it would still be possible to use their products on a new machine with iLok, whereas with machine authorization your lost!

This is one point that many here ignore, machine and online authorizations will only work for new machines as long as the company exists or supports this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcL said:

There is just one single case where it would be an advantage to use iLok: If iZotope would go belly up (I know, it is not so likely for such a big company, but still not impossible), then it would still be possible to use their products on a new machine with iLok, whereas with machine authorization your lost!

This is one point that many here ignore, machine and online authorizations will only work for new machines as long as the company exists or supports this!

Yep, and even with the dongle I wonder how many people know about the time that Pace had a glitch leaving studios everywhere without access to their iLok plugins, including their DAW/ProTools back in 2013  https://sonicscoop.com/ilok-service-breaks-for-24-hours-causes-social-media-stir/ Did any of those people get reimbursed for lost time and business?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcL said:

Most companies (say they) will provide all users with an unlocked version of their software if they pack up. I remember Accusonus did when it decided to discontinue their product line. Whether other follow through if something unfortunate happens to them will (probably) be dependent on their circumstances.

• Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, antler said:

Most companies (say they) will provide all users with an unlocked version of their software if they pack up. I remember Accusonus did when it decided to discontinue their product line. Whether other follow through if something unfortunate happens to them will (probably) be dependent on their circumstances.

Accusonus: IIRC that is only half the truth. Where they were very greatful with the ERA bundle (you got the whole unlocked bundle if you just had one ERA plugin), there was nothing for Regroover (maybe other plugins, too). And don't forget that in their case the company just left the plugin business and did not go belly up, i.e. somebody had time to do this unlock.

In other cases the employees could lose their jobs very sudden and even if there had been the will to provide an unlock, it could fail. And machine authorizations are not only delicate if a company disappears, but also if they change something with their authorizations or don't support legacy authorization anymore (I had this twice).

• Like 3

Is RX10 Advanced worth over RX10 Standard for music production?

It seemes to be more oriented to post-processing of dialog and sound effects for video.

edit: I own MPS 5 and all the products in the Everything Bundle (excepting RX10 Advanced), so I have RX10 Standard. Just trying to find out it the upgrade is useful for me or not

Edited by Pollux
add info

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

Is RX10 Advanced worth over RX10 Standard for music production?

In reality, RX is geared toward post-production/repair "as is." Ozone Advanced would be more suitable for music production (the advanced version allows for each module to be used separately as a plugin).

I never realized till I looked at the above RX comparison, but EQ match is an "RX Advanced" feature... but is included in Ozone 10 Standard. The issue with Ozone Standard is the the entire suite IS the "plugin," so too many instances of that can tear up your CPU.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone/features.html#comp

RX is more post-production/repair focused, Ozone is more mastering focused (but modules can be used individually with Ozone Advanced), and Neutron is more track-based focused.

Neutron 4 is just Neutron 4 now: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/neutron/features.html#comp

• Like 1