UAD plug-in collections 49$

Yan Filiatrault

27 minutes ago, jackson white said:

great. gotta love that loyalty program. i own a card, they must have figured i'm already bled dry.

not here.

it does here. the potential discounted price had me thinking it might be worth paying for the native versions for older projects if (when?) the current card fails.

fwiw, was derailed (rather expensively) when a card failed just after warranty was up. factoring in the cost of a 2nd card on top of their premium pricing put me on the path of sourcing native alternates for everything in their catalog. they are good/useful, but hardly exclusive these days.  ymmv.

Don’t you have access to the native version if you bought the DSP version? 

I do. - install UA Connect and hook your account to ilok and you should see all the ported native plugins.  

This promo code works just fine with my UAD account. Got the Teletronix LA-2A along with Pure Plate Reverb for free with a Volt 2 device a few weeks ago and who knows why the promotion is currently available for me. I have no hw 1176, but I still like TrackComp’s 1176. On the other side TrackComp has no Fairchild emulation as of yet, so getting the UAD Fairchild looks reasonable for me. Also I’m using the Ignite Amps Pultec, but would be happy to replace it with UAD’s Pultec. Now the only question left is how good is UAD’s own 1176 emulation :) Anyone here to share if they have UAD 1176 and do they prefer it to TrackComp’s 1176 emulation?

16 hours ago, chris.r said:

Code not valid for me anyway. Oh well, so much for a deal 😆

I sorted out the issue by acquiring purple audio's 1176 from PA on '2 for $49' sale and making use of my $25 voucher... effectively getting it for about $12,50 not a bad deal I'd say ;)  

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

UA does targeted advertising now so certain deals only work for certain people such as this one. It had something to do with owning an Apollo interface. The sale works for me and I'm considering buying all 4 of them. I'm curious though if it will further reduce the cost of Ultimate 11 for me or not when it goes on sale next. I'm kicking myself for not picking that up when it was $1200 last year.

12 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

All 4 deals sounds tempting, but I see I probably own alternatives of the same products from other companies, so I’ll probably pass on these for now, unless I decide otherwise.

I decided otherwise for my first 4 UAD plugins.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:59 PM, Greg said:

Don’t you have access to the native version if you bought the DSP version? 

I do. - install UA Connect and hook your account to ilok and you should see all the ported native plugins.  

to be fair, had issues with their initial attempts to launch UA Connect, gave it another shot and... no native versions of anything.

checked my account. There are 34 plugins in "My Plugin Library". 

have to assume the "legacy" versions don't count for anything despite having paid for 3 cards + additional plugins.

iirc, they wanted full price for the "collections" when they came out for what was zero value added over what i was using. never saw an upgrade offer, but that was before the Deals forum here (and using Cakewalk).

i tried. moving on.

8 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

And now I received a 25$ voucher from them to use until June. If I’d known, I would have bought only 3 and use the voucher on the fourth one.

Is there a minimum spend limit?

41 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

It doesn't say so, but mine did arrive and you can't stack it with the classics-for-49 (or whatever it's called) coupon.

Thanks for the info. Then it’s useless unless there’s another similar deal in the coming weeks that allow this voucher.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

10 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

And now I received a 25$ voucher from them to use until June. If I’d known, I would have bought only 3 and use the voucher on the fourth one.

I'd have done them one at a time if I knew. lol

Maybe there will be a summer sale to jump on.