Velocity (alternative instrumental)

Larry T.

Greetings all. Here's another one, Velocity (alternative instrumental). Comments, critiques and questions welcomed🎶🎶🎶🎶

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/velocity

velocity3 1600x900.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, harmonica, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Edited by Larry T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's a lot to like about this song.  The mix weaves cool textures with interesting melodies and chord changes.  You made very good use of the SI drums which gives this song a nice groove all the way through.  The guitar and harmonica tracks are just right.  The only thing that stands out to me is that the mix is quite warm; to use a cooking analogy, the sauce is very buttery.  A db or two boost around 10k may or may not enhance this.  Still, it is good as is!

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:02 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

There's a lot to like about this song.  The mix weaves cool textures with interesting melodies and chord changes.  You made very good use of the SI drums which gives this song a nice groove all the way through.  The guitar and harmonica tracks are just right.  The only thing that stands out to me is that the mix is quite warm; to use a cooking analogy, the sauce is very buttery.  A db or two boost around 10k may or may not enhance this.  Still, it is good as is!

Thanks Lynn🎶🎶🎶🎶

Larry, nice bass track moving things along esp at intro
The harmonica surprised me.
Seems like things kind of meandered in the middle but you pulled it thru.
This might be one of the best I've heard from you.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 11:47 AM, freddy j said:

Very nice piece of work indeed.  I love that rhythmic bass.  Oh ya, love that harmonica also!

Thanks freddy, appreciate the kind words 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 5/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, Johnbee58 said:

This is of the quality of the Windham Hill label.  Very professional.  Relaxing and contemplative.

🙂John B

Thanks John. Yes, Windham Hill music has always had a special place in my heart  (ear????) Cheers!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 5/27/2023 at 10:41 PM, bjornpdx said:

Larry, nice bass track moving things along esp at intro
The harmonica surprised me.
Seems like things kind of meandered in the middle but you pulled it thru.
This might be one of the best I've heard from you.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn. Appreciate the listen. The drums came out well I think. Enjoyed doing an up tempo one🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 6/1/2023 at 5:49 AM, Ross Smithe said:

Great job, Larry! Nice production and performance, very smooth textures and vibe. And hey, live harmonica! What else could we ask for? 😎👏👏

Thanks Ross. The harmonica was live but took numerous takes and edits. Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶