Waves Central Updated to 14.1.1

cclarry

Yay!!! Waves has put the online installers for v12 back into Waves Central in this latest update!!! :)

No more offline installer required for them. So I assume v13 would be there as well if I had any of those, which I don't.

Everything Waves that I have here now is either v12 or v14, except for one v9 plugin. Not sure how far back Waves Central goes version wise now, as that v9 plugin shows offline install method only. I don't have any v10 or v11 plugins to check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Everything Waves that I have here now is either v12 or v14, except for one v9 plugin. Not sure how far back Waves Central goes version wise now, as that v9 plugin shows offline install method only. I don't have any v10 or v11 plugins to check.

You can install v10 and v11.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hillyard said:

You can install v10 and v11.

but can you authorize them?

According to their' rather insulting tech,"Since Microsoft dropped support for all OS before 10, there is no way to online authorize so a USB dongle is required"

So it still stands that they forced the central update on machines running win8.1 and earlier versions of their software no longer work without extra expense and issues...

I'm way too skeptical to update Waves Central right now as it created a severe problem for me on one machine already!

Edited by Keni
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Keni said:

I'm way to skeptical to update Waves Central right now as it created a severe problem for me on one machine already!

Me too.  Plus, after the recent fiasco I'm working hard to transition away from them permanently.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, hillyard said:

Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, there's the rub.........

My problem is on a win8.1 machine which with Microsoft dropping it's support no longer "allows" Waves to activate it online (or so they say. Personally I believe it's all they are willing to do!)

On 5/2/2023 at 9:52 AM, Keni said:

My problem is on a win8.1 machine which with Microsoft dropping it's support no longer "allows" Waves to activate it online (or so they say. Personally I believe it's all they are willing to do!)

The OS is nearly 10 years old. While I agree they should still allow online authorisation until it literally can’t work, I don’t think it’s fair to expect them to continue to make core changes for an OS this old.

If coding changes to the authorisation system were needed to keep it running on 8.1, I wouldn’t expect Waves to make those changes. Ditto if supporting 8.1 will introduce security vulnerabilities somehow.

I don’t know if code changes or security issues are relevant here, I’m just making a general point.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, Keni said:

It won’t let me authorize either on Windows 95. So frustrating.

1 hour ago, Toffo said:

The OS is nearly 10 years old. While I agree they should still allow online authorisation until it literally can’t work, I don’t think it’s fair to expect them to continue to make core changes for an OS this old.

If coding changes to the authorisation system were needed to keep it running on 8.1, I wouldn’t expect Waves to make those changes. Ditto if supporting 8.1 will introduce security vulnerabilities somehow.

I don’t know if code changes or security issues are relevant here, I’m just making a general point.

While I get the idea of not officially supporting NEW plugins on older machines...what is implied here also seems to be that archaic versions built for that OS would no longer authorize due to WAVES changes.  

Plenty of other companies figured out a solid authorization system.  Waves has more development money than most of those companies combined Id imagine.  Just another example of poor customer service.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toffo said:

I would respect that concept related to buying it now, but they stopped a working product that was paid for and the only recourse the offer to correct this has to cost me additional funds. That sounds like nasty business to me.

Imagine if your car suddenly stopped working with nothing wrong with it because the manufacturer would only allow it to run again by buying something else. I think most people would feel wronged and possibly even legal grounds if it was worth the cost if the plugins... obviously not so without a class action suit not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

It won’t let me authorize either on Windows 95. So frustrating.

It already WAS authorized but they STOLE it by forcing Waves Central to update itself on a machine not supported by the version of waves central they forced onto my machine!

8 hours ago, Keni said:

It already WAS authorized but they STOLE it by forcing Waves Central to update itself on a machine not supported by the version of waves central they forced onto my machine!

I find that Waves Central auto updating every time you run it is quite contrary to allowing you to control your own system. Not a good practice!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I find that Waves Central auto updating every time you run it is quite contrary to allowing you to control your own system. Not a good practice!

Exactly!

...unless totally benign to any existing situations. It should have tested for supporting OS and user's permission to alter anything of personal property. They destroyed fully paid for, authorized, and operating softwares in their' aggressive enforcement of their' desires!

I mentioned this earlier after observing the changes in v14.1.1, but just received the official email from Waves:

Dear Waves user,     

We are glad to let you know that a new version of the Waves Central license management app, v14.1.1, is now available. The new version re-adds online installation of Waves legacy versions (v10-v13). With this new version, Waves plugins and bundles v10-v13 can be installed and managed online, in addition to offline installers.     

The new version also includes several other improvements and fixes: See all release notes.     

For any questions and assistance, please feel free to contact Waves Technical Support.     

Best regards,
The Waves Team