Free REmatrix reverb expansion

Fleer

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Thanks. I was afraid it was something like that. Yeah player is a deeper version, but we can’t load the NYC impulses that were also bundled with Sonar at some point. You have to have the full/paid version to load "user presets". That’s what I was trying to accomplish.

Not a great tragedy as I’ve never used them so I don’t remember what they contained...

Hey, good news! I tried using the REmatrix Solo module in the CbB Pro Channel. I incorrectly stated earlier that it was not available in CbB.

You can import user IRs into that one! The NYC Showroom impulses just imported fine!

See details: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ProChannel.13.html

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MarcL said:

Overloud: For me it's just loud, but over! Prefer other IR players that don't involve installation and authorization problems!

The problems you mention aren’t Overloud problems, but JRR ones (and really just a delay in reply).  It’s real simple to get this off Overloud’s site.  

Also, Rematrix isn’t just an typical IR player.  Download this free stuff to find out how.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Hey, good news! I tried using the REmatrix Solo module in the CbB Pro Channel. I incorrectly stated earlier that it was not available in CbB.

You can import user IRs into that one! The NYC Showroom impulses just imported fine!

See details: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ProChannel.13.html

AHA!

Thanks abacab!

That was the missing bit. It's a PC plugin! I found it and whether it already had these or found them because they were correctly installed, but the NYC impulses are all there already! Nice...

Now we have the best of both worlds (in the free arena anyway)...

43 minutes ago, Keni said:

That was the missing bit. It's a PC plugin! I found it and whether it already had these or found them because they were correctly installed, but the NYC impulses are all there already! Nice...

There is another set of 72 impulses for REmatrix Solo produced by Craig Anderton:

Anderton Synthetic Impulse Responses for REmatrix Solo Convolution Reverb https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=NewFeatures.082.html

I already had them installed, so not sure from where or when I downloaded them. They don't appear among the downloads in the Platinum installers like the NYC Showroom. It may have either been a one-time special download offered directly by Craig, or they are just part of the Solo factory install.

Edited by abacab

20 hours ago, abacab said:

There is another set of 72 impulses for REmatrix Solo produced by Craig Anderton:

Anderton Synthetic Impulse Responses for REmatrix Solo Convolution Reverb https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=NewFeatures.082.html

I already had them installed, so not sure from where or when I downloaded them. They don't appear among the downloads in the Platinum installers like the NYC Showroom. It may have either been a one-time special download offered directly by Craig, or they are just part of the Solo factory install.

Interesting... but I couldn't find any links to download these. so I guess I will forever be forgetful of what they sounded like...

35 minutes ago, Keni said:

Interesting... but I couldn't find any links to download these. so I guess I will forever be forgetful of what they sounded like...

Look in your user folder. You may find that you already have them, like I did. ;)

The file names stand out, as they have a different naming scheme from the NYC Showroom IRs that all begin with "BigRoom*****" or SmallRoom*****".

The IRs in the Anderton set all start with a number (in msec) or the letter "R"  (for reverse) followed by the number.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Look in your user folder. You may find that you already have them, like I did. ;)

The file names stand out, as they have a different naming scheme from the NYC Showroom IRs that all begin with "BigRoom*****" or SmallRoom*****".

The IRs in the Anderton set all start with a number (in msec) or the letter "R"  (for reverse) followed by the number.

Thanks abacab, but sadly, no. I only have the NYC impulses in my user folder...

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Sadly, not here. Oh well. As I’ve never used them on my old DAW, I probably won’t miss them here. It would have been nice to explore more options.

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

I bought a lifetime license for SPlat before it went splat. I never installed Cakewalk by Bandlab when I bought a new laptop. Are the SONAR Platinum downloads still available somewhere, including the Anderton IRs?

Yes...

You can still log into the old Sonar "My Programs" folder and find all the old Cakewalk/Sonar downloads you own. Still same link.

The Anderson IRs is another matter. I have not been able to find them anywhere...

2 hours ago, Keni said:

The Anderson IRs is another matter. I have not been able to find them anywhere...

Same here. It is likely buried somewhere in years of Craig Anderton's Cakewalk related online posts...

Maybe @scookhas seen it?

47 minutes ago, abacab said:

Same here. It is likely buried somewhere in years of Craig Anderton's Cakewalk related online posts...

Maybe @scookhas seen it?

I'm thinking maybe it was offered directly from Craig? Probably not, but I'm thinking now to go look for his website?

I just visited and still found nothing, but on another tack, I found a PRODUCT on the Presonus page which is for a purchase of Anderton's IRs...

https://shop.presonus.com/Craig-Anderton-Surreal-Reverb-Impulse-Responses

So, maybe this is why there's nowhere to find free Anderton IRs?

...and now I found this. The link to download leads to a 401 error message...

https://noelborthwick.com/cakewalk/category/industry-news/

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

Just now, abacab said:

That's the NYC IR pack included in your account with Sonar Platinum.

OK... We've already got that. So it's still another blind alley...

So it seems the likely story is that the current Presonus collection may be what happened to them...

19 minutes ago, Keni said:

I just visited and still found nothing, but on another tack, I found a PRODUCT on the Presonus page which is for a purchase of Anderton's IRs...

Those would probably work, as they include 128 WAV files, 44.1 kHz/24-bit.

And there are more flavors here. I only have 73 items in my original Anderton Synthetic Impulse Responses folder.

Edited by abacab

4 minutes ago, Keni said:

I hope they have/are bringing him some recompense...

Craig has been very active with PreSonus since he and Gibson parted ways. Continuing his tradition with Studio One contributions such as tips and a few books... :)