Free REmatrix reverb expansion

Fleer

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Craig has been very active with PreSonus since he and Gibson parted ways. Continuing his tradition with Studio One contributions such as tips and a few books... :)

Yes, and now that Fender owns Presonus, he's connected with the main "opposition"

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Overloud released the Solo impulses so that they would work with the player. They can be downloaded from Overloud site.

https://www.overloud.com/node/180

https://www.overloud.com/installation-rematrix-lib.php?p=2210

Thanks.  Now I have four (free) banks to choose from.

Actually three free banks.  Solo is not free.

Edited by locrian

50 minutes ago, abacab said:

... but apparently requires an authorization code: https://www.overloud.com/installation-rematrix-lib.php?p=2210

From the screenshot below it seems that we have to purchase Solo to receive an authorization code.  Am I mis-reading this?

I should mention that when I load Solo presets, they all display a red unauthorized label.

image.thumb.png.5d33cc7982c39cf387d7867f395b2ae8.png

Edited by locrian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Well, there's also de Blackstar Studios one, which you'll find in the Donwloads section under REmatrix.

Thanks.  That's one of the free ones I have: Blackstar, Blackstar Multilayer, and Hybrid.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

The REmatrix Solo library download is freely available here, but apparently requires an authorization code: https://www.overloud.com/installation-rematrix-lib.php?p=2210

I have been trying to figure where I might have the code.  I have REmatrix Solo; it is installed in CbB (PC).  I have a whole bunch of presets.  I followed the instruction up until "(6) Enter the redeem code you received when purchased."

MOVING REMATRIX SOLO INTO REMATRIX PLAYER

Since there is not a direct correspondence from a Sonar ProChannel module and any other plugin format in other DAWs, we have set up a procedure to let you move from REmatrix Solo to REmatrix Player (which is the free version of REmatrix, running like the full version with some limitations).

Did part of the procedure involve buying them for use with the Player?  I didn't get that impression from that page.  Does anyone know? 

51 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Did part of the procedure involve buying them for use with the Player?  I didn't get that impression from that page.  Does anyone know? 

Overloud made a time-limited offer in 2017 for Sonar Platinum users to apply for unlock codes to the previously bundled Overloud products (ended 1/12/18). If you sent them a screenshot of your Sonar serial they would email you the unlock codes. That's how I got mine, I didn't "buy" anything.

https://overloud.com/news/overloud-welcomes-cakewalk-customers

http://forum.cakewalk.com/2nd-Update-Request-Granted-and-Delivered-Request-for-Overloud-Sonar-version-products-to-be-made-VST-m3696066.aspx

"Please note that REmatrix Solo will be delivered as a REmatrix Library.
In fact the Cakewalk REmatrix Solo was a ProChannel module, which is a Cakewalk proprietary format, so it cannot be opened into other DAWs "as is".
So, we decided to pack the REmatrix Solo content (i.e. all the IRs and presets) into a REmatrix library that you can use within the free REmatrix Player. REmatrix Player, by the way, is a richer version if compared to REmatrix Solo.
The installation instructions are provided in the email messages we are sending now."

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

I have been trying to figure where I might have the code.  I have REmatrix Solo; it is installed in CbB (PC).  I have a whole bunch of presets.  I followed the instruction up until "(6) Enter the redeem code you received when purchased."

To add to abacab's info...

No. Nothing needed to be purchased. If you have the Player version, the IRs load fine. It only involved logging into their' website and adjusting things there. I believe I recall a download link appeared for the solo IRs and loaded them into ReMatrix Player... I now have it in both solo and in player...

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Overloud made a time-limited offer in 2017 for Sonar Platinum users to apply for unlock codes to the previously bundled Overloud products (ended 1/12/18). If you sent them a screenshot of your Sonar serial they would email you the unlock codes. That's how I got mine, I didn't "buy" anything.

Thanks for the reply.  It jogged my memory.  About two ago I wrote to Overloud to ask about an upgrade for Sonar Customers.

There isn't a proper upgrade path from TH3 Cakewalk to TH-U Premium, however if you are one of the old Sonar Platinum user and you send me a screenshot of your Sonar serial number as a proof i will send you a discount coupon to purchase TH-U.

After I sent them the serial number, they sent me the discount code.  I didn't think to ask them for unlock codes.  😞 

2 hours ago, locrian said:

That's one of the free ones I have: Blackstar, Blackstar Multilayer, and Hybrid.

I just looked on my previous audio PC and I have a file called Blackstar+Studio.rematrix (as well as the rir file for Solo).  It gave me 21 Blackstar presets and 30 Blackstar (Multilayer) presets for the Player.

45 minutes ago, Keni said:

No. Nothing needed to be purchased. If you have the Player version, the IRs load fine. It only involved logging into their' website and adjusting things there. I believe I recall a download link appeared for the solo IRs and loaded them into ReMatrix Player... I now have it in both solo and in player...

Hybrid Free and Blackstar show up just fine; Solo says its unauthorized.  But, I tested them in Voltage Modular.  Maybe the Solo ones will work in CbB.   

NOPE: The Solo ones do not not work in REmatrix even within CbB.  😞 

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The Solo impulses should run fine in the CbB ProChannel version of REmatrix Solo.

The Solo presets already worked within the ProChannel version of REmatrix.  There was no need to download them in the rematrix file format except to use them in either the free REmatrix Player or the full / paid version of REmatrix.

Just to be clear, the page that says this:

MOVING REMATRIX SOLO INTO REMATRIX PLAYER

Since there is not a direct correspondence from a Sonar ProChannel module and any other plugin format in other DAWs, we have set up a procedure to let you move from REmatrix Solo to REmatrix Player (which is the free version of REmatrix, running like the full version with some limitations).

REmatrix Player, by the way, is a richer version, if compared to REmatrix Solo.

is saying that the the REmatrix Player is a richer version, if compared to REmatrix Solo.  

So if the goal is to use the REMatrix+SOLO.rematrix in the REmatrix Player, it can't be done so far as I can tell without (1) the authorization code which evidently were given out free on request to SONAR users or (2) a newly purchased  authorization code.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Well, so far as I can tell, the Solo presets already worked within the ProChannel version of REmatrix.  There was no need to download them so far as I can see.

The thing is, back when all the REmatrix Solo to REmatrix Player migration efforts took place, everyone thought Cakewalk was ending and that they needed to find another brand of DAW to use. So Overloud packed the Solo library up as a licensed option for REmatrix Player so they could take it along with them to their new DAWs.

Nobody had any idea at that time that BandLab would step in and continue with Cakewalk. But since BandLab was able to keep Cakewalk and ProChannel REmatrix Solo alive, the Player wasn't really necessary anymore, although the Solo download is available for those with an activation code and a desire to recover the download for the Player. That's about all there is to it... ;)

12 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's about all there is to it... ;)

Except that this

7 hours ago, abacab said:

Overloud released the Solo impulses so that they would work with the player. They can be downloaded from Overloud site.

and this

1 hour ago, Keni said:

To add to abacab's info...

No. Nothing needed to be purchased. If you have the Player version, the IRs load fine. 

are only true for anyone who has an  authorization code.

Edited by User 905133
changed "the" to "an"