PEN TOOL TO DRAW TRANSIENT LINE

Herbert Zio

Question

38 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

It worked fine when I opened the app via utilities.

However, when I cut a clip in a track, instead of it opening only the marked clip, contrary to what sound forge receives, it opened the entire wav of the track.

How to make it work in the same way as Sound Forge, that is: allowing the edition and return to Cakewalk only of the selected clip?

In Cakewalk

image.png.21f7f5b69898d2ad319fa11d18bebb6d.png

In Acoustica

image.png.1b8aa855d61f0c1cad45033725028652.png

Until you bounce to clip(s), each split clip contains a copy of the entire waveform.  It's up to the program that is launched to recognise the trim points (as SoundForge does), or not (Acoustica).

5 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I have removed these kinds of pops by cutting out he discontinuity and then pushing the two clips next to each other and then cross-fading between them.

Thanks for the reminder, I totally forgot about that trick and that was actually much better than the clip gain. Super fast. But all I will do is split right in the glitch and add a fade out and fade in.  

Edited by John Vere

2 hours ago, Herbert Zio said:

@msmcleod Any chance we have this feature?

We've no plans at present to introduce an integrated audio editor.

However, it's fairly straightforward to add a 3rd party audio editor to the Utilities menu. 

I use both SoundForge, and Acon's Acoustic 6 Basic Edition (which is free).  Once added, you just select the clip then pick the audio editor from the tools menu and it'll load with your waveform ready to edit. Once you save, Cakewalk picks up the edited waveform.

16 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Did you mean Acon Acoustica 6? If yes, looks like  it's been upgraded to Acoustica 7 which is no longer free.

Go to the Downloads section of the website, then scroll down to "Old Versions and Discontinued Products" - you can still download Acoustica 6 Basic Edition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Go to the Downloads section of the website, then scroll down to "Old Versions and Discontinued Products" - you can still download Acoustica 6 Basic Edition.

Very good !
Could you tell here the step by step to include the program as a utility?
I know there is a post about this, but I couldn't find it.
Thanks

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Once you've installed Acoustica 6 Basic Edition, run the attached reg file.

CbB_Acoustica6_BE.reg 550 B · 2 downloads

It worked fine when I opened the app via utilities.

However, when I cut a clip in a track, instead of it opening only the marked clip, contrary to what sound forge receives, it opened the entire wav of the track.

How to make it work in the same way as Sound Forge, that is: allowing the edition and return to Cakewalk only of the selected clip?

In Cakewalk

image.png.21f7f5b69898d2ad319fa11d18bebb6d.png

In Acoustica

image.png.1b8aa855d61f0c1cad45033725028652.png

10 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Until you bounce to clip(s), each split clip contains a copy of the entire waveform.  It's up to the program that is launched to recognise the trim points (as SoundForge does), or not (Acoustica).

Yes, it's a large detail and a great tip. Thanks !

I have a few wave editors and that Acoustica was my least favourite. 
In order of favourites 

Wave Lab Elements  $100 on sale 

Sound Forge Free ?  It came with Movie maker and a Sony USB Turntable 

Gold Wave unrestricted demo and only $60 to purchase. Does batch conversion of all audio files. 

Audacity free. 

But Melodyne has really become the tool for me now. You can not only fix pitch but timing, glitches and even levels are easy to fix. They thought of everything. 
And the comment about having to go to the menu. Custom keyboard shortcuts are your friends. Example Gain = G.  
Open Melodyne as regional effect = Z.  Render Regional Effect = X. 

• Like 1

Unless it's changed very recently, Audacity is unsuitable for the CbB Utilities menu because it doesn't save to the original filename.  I guess you can get around it by doing a "Save As", but the given that there could be many .wav files in the project's audio directory there's a danger you could pick the wrong one.

Personally, I use SoundForge for the most part, but I don't have licenses for all the machines I've got CbB installed on, so Acoustica 6 BE is a good alternative for the very rare cases I need it.

• Like 1