Spectrasonics Announces Twisted Trees™ for Omnisphere!

cclarry

Legendary sound designer Diego Stocco proudly introduces an intense new sonic world built entirely from wood!

This Sonic Extension for Omnisphere is curated especially for dark cinematic production. From a whisper to a scream, Twisted Trees delivers an endless experience of creative possibilities.

https://www.sonicextensions.com/twisted-trees/

$149

https://shop.sonicextensions.com/

• Thanks 1

i watched the video and after saying to myself "wtf" , i catually gave the guy a chance and glad i did , exellent translation from conept to sounds .... for cinematic and synchro ,  a superb tool , for regular production , i don't think so

I think if you have all of the previous extensions as I do, I got an email with 30% off plus an extra $59.60 off with a code for being a loyal supporter. I only paid $44.70 for Twisted Trees. If you have the previous 4 extensions might be worth checking your spam folder 🙂

2 hours ago, rasure said:

I think if you have all of the previous extensions as I do, I got an email with 30% off plus an extra $59.60 off with a code for being a loyal supporter. I only paid $44.70 for Twisted Trees. If you have the previous 4 extensions might be worth checking your spam folder 🙂

I own all extensions and products but didn’t receive the extra $59.69 off code :( 

Not sure, I do have all of Spectrasonics instruments as well, not sure if that made a difference?  This is the email I got...

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for your support of Sonic Extensions! We truly hope you’ve had as much fun using them as we’ve had creating them.

We have some really great news to share with you. After listening to user feedback, we’ve made a significant improvement to our discount system. It’s now changed to a “Lifetime Loyalty Discounts” model - which means that you now qualify for 30% off all future Sonic Extension purchases! (…and you no longer have to purchase multiple titles at the same time to qualify). This way you can always buy any title at any time with complete confidence.

…and…there’s more:

Because you’ve already been such a great supporter of Sonic Extensions, we want to say a special thanks by giving you an additional coupon you can apply on a future purchase!

Your Coupon Code is: XXXXXX (code removed)
Value: $ 59.60

You can redeem your coupon at checkout.

With today’s release of the exciting new title “Twisted Trees by Diego Stocco”, this is a fantastic time to use it!
https://www.sonicextensions.com

Enjoy!!

The Sonic Extensions Team at Spectrasonics

Edited by rasure
added some extra info
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, paulo said:

I've defended Spectrasonics many times over the years  to people saying that Omnisphere is too expensive, but I do think that they have somewhat lost the plot with the prices of these extensions. 

Getting all their extensions, even with loyalty discounts, is like paying for another Omnisphere.

4 hours ago, rasure said:

Not sure, I do have all of Spectrasonics instruments as well, not sure if that made a difference?  This is the email I got...

Gotta say, I like how they listened to user feedback to adjust they discount pricing. Definitely want to invest in their sonic extensions now. 

I think the idea is to get more credit and money to the people who have made Omnisphere what it is over the years.  I applaud that,  but I wonder what the future of Omni is going to be.  Is there going to be an Omnisphere 3?   Wouldn't this new paid content be exactly what we'd expect in Omni 3? 

I'm still hoping for another library like Keyscape and Trilian.  For example, Guitarscape or Synthscape.  Give us a whole set of deep-sampled instruments, plus a free set of new Omni sounds to go with it.   But when Spectrasonics releases a nylon guitar as an "extension, then does that mean no GuitarScape is coming?

🤔

• Like 2

Interface is the only thing i need , omnispher as a preset player is ok , as a sound design tools is oldish ... hence people buying presets lol 

They should do a real lifting and make it snappier ...it is slow and outdated ... i went to a shop i remeber back then to buy a sub fatty and then when out with omni and trillian with the moog tribute saying to myself i will have moog and more ..

it was true and it served me welll ...but i m in a spot at my age that i feel like selling all softwarecand grabbing a good synth hw and have fun ( again )... 

Speaking as someone who has created 3 libraries for onmisphere (2 free 1 paid) I appreciated how much time and effort goes into making them So $149 at base price for patches, sound sources and new effects, isn't that bad for what you get and the amount of time gone into making it. I've created hundreds of my own patches from scratch over time and find Omnisphere a really powerful sound design tool if you know how to use it. I'm still finding out things in Omnisphere I never knew about! Always learning 🙂

Is Omnisphere perfect? no, definitely room for improvements for sure. I have lots of other synths form other companies too as I'm sure you all have, but 99% of the time end up back in Omnisphere. Spectrasonics have been pretty generous with free updates over the years, they are a good solid company worth supporting IMHO. 

Talking of what Reid said RE updates, I bought their "Atmosphere" vst years ago, obviously the don't sell it now, but all the content from that product ended up in Omnisphere. So, would Omnisphere 3 if it was ever released have all the Sonic Extensions added? who knows, but I would expect a serous discount if they were to be added. Same with RMX a lot of the paid for addon stuff was added.

Kind Regards

Spectrasonics FanBoi lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lionel said:

Gotta say, I like how they listened to user feedback to adjust they discount pricing.

Dateline: 2023

Eric gathers the marketing folks in his den for an informal chat. He's laid on drinks and tasty snacks because he's a swell guy, but there is a troubling business matter to discuss....

EP: Well team, it has to be said that these Extensions aren't exactly bringing in the projected numbers. Thoughts?

Marketing Guy: vaj jIHvaD lo'laHtaHbe' ghu'vam vIneH

EP: Try again without the cake in your mouth...

MG: I said...... vaj jIHvaD lo'laHtaHbe' ghu'vam vIneH - I thought it would be fun if we spoke Klingon.

EP: As you know, I'm a swell guy and I love to give wacky creative types license to roam as they see fit, but I gotta tell you....nobody thinks that's fun.

MG: Sorry Eric. Nice cakes by the way....

EP: So ?

MG: Well, since launch times have been hard for many people and officially it's all the fault of a certain person who we're not allowed to mention here even though it isn't really...

MG: Maybe....... it's just because they're too expensive....?

EP: I told you that at the time, but you said....nah, people expect our stuff to be expensive, in fact they would  actually be disappointed if it wasn't.

MG: People are fickle.

EP: So how are we going to solve it. These glossy reveal videos don't pay for themselves you know..

MG: Well, I guess we've painted ourselves into a corner over the years with our attitude towards discounts, so we can't just reduce the price.

EP: And we can't package it and call it Omnisphere 3 because even I couldn't sell that and I'm a swell guy.

MG: How about if we tell people that you really do listen to the feedback, because you are a swell guy, and now we're going to reduce the prices a bit as long as you buy more than one. Make it sound like you're doing them a favour, because you are a swell guy.

EP: I like it.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, paulo said:

Dateline: 2023

Eric gathers the marketing folks in his den for an informal chat. He's laid on drinks and tasty snacks because he's a swell guy, but there is a troubling business matter to discuss....

EP: Well team, it has to be said that these Extensions aren't exactly bringing in the projected numbers. Thoughts?

Marketing Guy: vaj jIHvaD lo'laHtaHbe' ghu'vam vIneH

EP: Try again without the cake in your mouth...

MG: I said...... vaj jIHvaD lo'laHtaHbe' ghu'vam vIneH - I thought it would be fun if we spoke Klingon.

EP: As you know, I'm a swell guy and I love to give wacky creative types license to roam as they see fit, but I gotta tell you....nobody thinks that's fun.

MG: Sorry Eric. Nice cakes by the way....

MG: Well, since launch times have been hard for many people and officially it's all the fault of a certain person who we're not allowed to mention here even though it isn't really...

MG: Maybe....... it's just because they're too expensive....?

EP: I told you that at the time, but you said....nah, people expect our stuff to be expensive, in fact they would  actually be disappointed if it wasn't.

MG: People are fickle.

EP: So how are we going to solve it. These glossy reveal videos don't pay for themselves you know..

MG: Well, I guess we've painted ourselves into a corner over the years with our attitude towards discounts, so we can't just reduce the price.

EP: And we can't package it and call it Omnisphere 3 because even I couldn't sell that and I'm a swell guy.

MG: How about if we tell people that you really do listen to the feedback, because you are a swell guy, and now we're going to reduce the prices a bit as long as you buy more than one. Make it sound like you're doing them a favour, because you are a swell guy.

EP: I like it.

Works for me. Purchased :)