REMINDER: Register Your Waves Plugins by March 26th

cclarry

Due to an upcoming change in our authorization & registration systems, Sunday, March 26, 2023 will be the last day to register dealer-purchased product serial codes that have not yet been registered. 

Please note: Plugins, bundles and upgrades purchased directly from the Waves online store are automatically registered to your account. If you have purchased your products from Waves.com, no extra action is required. 

If you have unregistered serial codes for the following products, please make sure to register them by March 26: 

•Plugins, bundles, upgrades, and hardware/software combos purchased via Waves dealers but not yet registered.

•Free products given during special promotions.

•Any other case where you may have received a Waves product serial code but haven’t registered it yet.

Waves serial numbers cannot be registered after March 26, 2023.

https://www.waves.com/account/register

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I like Waves plugins, but this is ridiculous. Seems like they’re forcing this upon customers. Don’t know another company that has done this. 

I purchased the Waves Platinum bundle around last November from EveryPlugin. I’ve yet to activate it.  I’ll most likely activate beginning of March.  But just imagine if I had purchased the Waves bundle from a third party vendor like EveryPlugin a week before the deadline or maybe on March 25, 2023.  Are Waves gonna still force me to activate by the 26th? No grace period? Seems very sketch. Sincerely wonder if they could be sued for this. 

• Sad 1

On 2/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, Lionel said:

I like Waves plugins, but this is ridiculous. Seems like they’re forcing this upon customers. Don’t know another company that has done this. 

I purchased the Waves Platinum bundle around last November from EveryPlugin. I’ve yet to activate it.  I’ll most likely activate beginning of March.  But just imagine if I had purchased the Waves bundle from a third party vendor like EveryPlugin a week before the deadline or maybe on March 25, 2023.  Are Waves gonna still force me to activate by the 26th? No grace period? Seems very sketch. Sincerely wonder if they could be sued for this. 

Do you have a serial number in your email, but it is not yet in your Waves account? I think that process is "registering"

Or is it in your Waves account but you haven't installed and activated it on any computer? I think this is installing an "activating" it.

If I understand correctly, this change doesn't affect "activation." Basically if a serial number is registered to your waves account, you're good.

Edited by mister_tea
removed last line... missed that this was a reminder sent today and not just a forum-level FYI

Got a reminder today. 

I hate this. More than I hate WUP. 

They’re forcing me to register, which will start WUP, but I specifically got several serials for much-loved plugins in order to avoid having to (pay) WUP. 
I was only going to register whenever MacOS would force me to. 
Now I not only lose those extra serials, but even worse, the 1-year WUP clock will start ticking on all those (forced) registrations. 

• Like 1

I recently purchased IK Total Studio Max. And I’ve since registered and activated it. IK never forced me have to register and activate my purchase.  If I wanted to, I could have waited much longer to register/activate.

Can’t do that with Waves, though…

What Waves are doing is just wrong.  And they say they’re doing this because of a change in their authorization and registration system???… what a bunch of BS.

They’re literally just forcing WUP down our throats.

Hopefully someone that has the resources files a lawsuit against them.