Vienna Synchron Fazioli F308

cclarry

be inspired.

The Warm, Colorful Tone of Fazioli's Landmark Concert Grand, Captured with Breathtaking Authenticity

Fazioli pianos are built with a heartfelt passion for music and musicians, with extraordinary craftsmanship, and technological advancement.

This Fazioli F308 Concert Grand found a perfect home in the 5800 sq ft Synchron “Stage A” that allows its sound to unfold effortlessly, elevated by the room's exceptional acoustics.

In their new library, VSL has captured the rich resonances of their extraordinary F308 and delivered it to you via the Synchron Piano Player, perfectly pre-configured with Mixer Presets such as Concert, Intimate, Player, Pop, Ambience, and more.

Multiple Options

https://www.ilio.com/synchron-fazioli-f308

Edited by cclarry

It is a huge, beautiful beast of a piano.

I suspected this was coming and excited to see if finally released. I also appreciate that they recorded it stage center in stead of offset to one side like the Imperial and CFX, it feels more natural out of the box that way.

I am hoping to be featuring it in the channel on an upcoming livestream, possibly as soon as this Friday, so stay tuned!

Joyfully!
Simeon

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I suspected this was coming and excited to see if finally released. I also appreciate that they recorded it stage center in stead of offset to one side like the Imperial and CFX, it feels more natural out of the box that way.

I am hoping to be featuring it in the channel on an upcoming livestream, possibly as soon as this Friday, so stay tuned!

Joyfully!
Simeon

@Simeon Amburgey I'd be interested in your comparison of this to the Mercury piano by WavesFactory. Probably apples to oranges though.

Edited by Bapu

1 hour ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Joyfully!
Simeon

Judging from their Imperial freebie piano library, they really know how to create a great piano sample library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

They sure do! Incredible instruments, especially the cfx and bosie upright.

My sample budget is basically exhausted for this year, except for maybe another solo cello library when I see an attractive price for a really good dry cello library.  But I suspect in the future I will be adding VSL piano libraries and Craig, I actually haven't checked out their cfx or upright pianos,  so I'm going to do that now. Thanks for the suggestions. 

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

My sample budget is basically exhausted for this year, except for maybe another solo cello library when I see an attractive price for a really good dry cello library.  But I suspect in the future I will be adding VSL piano libraries and Craig, I actually haven't checked out their cfx or upright pianos,  so I'm going to do that now. Thanks for the suggestions. 

For an outstanding cello, this one’s on sale and just updated:

https://www.virharmonic.com/bohemian_cello

• Thanks 1

The VSL free piano is very convincing indeed. I will try their demos one after the other.

But what makes me hesitate is that most of the VSL pianos are recorded in the big "Stage A" which results in too much natural reverb for my taste. I would like to see some intimate sounding pianos from VSL. The Stage B is better, but still pretty "wet".

The VSL free piano was recorded apparantly in a smaller room. But of course  it has not so many velocity layers (does anyone know how many?) and no additional mic options. But I love its sound.

Edited by Peter Hintze
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Hintze said:

The VSL free piano is very convincing indeed. I will try their demos one after the other.

But what makes me hesitate is that most of the VSL pianos are recorded in the big "Stage A" which results in too much natural reverb for my taste. I would like to see some intimate sounding pianos from VSL. The Stage B is better, but still pretty "wet".

The VSL free piano was recorded apparantly in a smaller room. But of course  it has not so many velocity layers (does anyone know how many?) and no additional mic options. But I love its sound.

Peter,
I did this earlier today, taking a listen to the close mics without any additional reverb to try and get a very dry sound. I think having these extra close mic options help provide some additional flexibility and helps to tame the otherwise cavernous stage A. Enjoy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Peter,
I did this earlier today, taking a listen to the close mics without any additional reverb to try and get a very dry sound. I think having these extra close mic options help provide some additional flexibility and helps to tame the otherwise cavernous stage A. Enjoy:

I'm aware you were replying to another Peter, but man, love the sound of the piano, your arrangement and playing on this, @Simeon Amburgey. That was excellent! Another post I wish I could have used LOVE instead of LIKE. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 11:24 PM, Simeon Amburgey said:

Peter,

thank you very much! nice playing! 

I also tried some demos but it has never the same warmth than they achieved with the free Imperial.. strange VSL put so much effort into the sampling, and some of the mic positions sound so far away or when close a bit hollow and thin.. and too bright for my taste, especially in the lower octaves. 

If you like, please listen to the album

h hunt - playing piano for dad

(free download at Website Tasty Morsels or on Spotify).. 

How (or with which library) can I get close to this sound? 

Peter 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:07 AM, cclarry said:

This is only for the standard version which only includes the condenser mic for the close mic. I have a demo copy of this piano and this is easily the worst close mic I have ever heard from VSL - thin, distant, and almost no stereo image. The ribbon mic has more bass and a better stereo image, but is muddy. Only the tube mic is half way decent with a bit less bass, but good clarity and stereo image; however, this mic and the ribbon only come with the full version which is a lot more money. Pretty sure people will be disappointed if you buy only the standard version. This library is a pass for me. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Edited by bsantini99
  • Like 2