VirHarmonic announces 100$/€ off Bohemian Violin & Bohemian Cello for Black Friday

cclarry

VirHarmonic have announced their Black Friday sale.

Get 100$/€ off the recently released Bohemian Violin v4 and 100$/€ off the brand-new Bohemian Cello V4.

The Bohemian series is the first in a line of Virtual Performers.

The Virtual performer can select articulations from a sample pool of 70,000 samples per solo instrument, based on the users playing input.

The solo instruments can play Trio, and chamber sections by cleverly utilising the same sample pool.

Bohemian Violin is a well programmed instrument. It is deeply expressive and virtuosic, lending beautiful and agile sounds with ease. The wide range of articulations and performances included make Bohemian Violin a powerful and adaptable creative force.

The offers are available from VirHarmonic and ends on the 30th of November, 2022.

https://www.virharmonic.com/

• Like 3

Bohemian Violin has always been one of my very favorite VIs.   I like the cello too (some like it more than the violin) but I am really excited about all the new features in the new cello.  It is a huge upgrade, and I can't believe it is free.   Plus it's going to be faster moving in the Gorilla Engine. 

Don't forget that if you own either the violin or cello, you will be able to buy the viola when it comes out for €99/$99.

https://www.virharmonic.com/index.php?route=extension/simple_blog/article/view&simple_blog_article_id=3

Virharmonic describes the The Viola as "soon to be released,"  which is Virharmonic-speak for "maybe by 2026?"   😀  That's okay, I love that they don't release things until they are done.

It's weird that they aren't making a bass, thought.  I hope they reconsider some day.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Fleer, you don't have the new cello yet, do you? I have both violin and cello purchased as UVI versions. Can I go get Gorilla versions for both now?

I think so. I bought both during the promotion/phase out and the idea was you could just get the Gorilla version when it came out. I'd assume that holds true even if you bought before the promo.

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Fleer, you don't have the new cello yet, do you? I have both violin and cello purchased as UVI versions. Can I go get Gorilla versions for both now?

Yep, got them, but only the new Gorillas. And they’re gooooooood. 

1 hour ago, pseudopop said:

So if I'm missing dedicated solo libraries for Violin and Cello, are these the ones to get instead of, say Tina Guo or Joshua Bell?

I'd definitely get Bohemian cello over Tina Guo. I only have Joshua Bell Essentials, but I'd pick Bohemian violin over that - I just like the uber-expressive sound and it's fun to play...JB(e) is still great, though, and a steal at $50

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

So if I'm missing dedicated solo libraries for Violin and Cello, are these the ones to get instead of, say Tina Guo or Joshua Bell?

Man, tough question. Got all four and love them with great sound each. The Gorilla engine is something very special though. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 4:10 AM, pseudopop said:

I am in love with the sound of strings and the cello especially. This library sounds beautiful,  but I want something drier and Sonixenima's two solo cello libraries are worth checking out, if you haven't done so already. The libraries you mentioned are both superb, IMO. But the Guo, while it sounds amazing also isn't as dry as what  I'm looking for. Granted, the uses I'm looking for are largely more in the realm of folk rock and not cinematic or orchestral.  Our own @Simeon Amburgey did a couple of videos going through each of the libraries that are worth watching if you're interested.  Sonixenima has one library that's just focused on the legato like Tina Guo and it sounds perfect to my ears and the other has a lot more articulations,  but I'm eventually going to buy both. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I am in love with the sound of strings and the cello especially. This library sounds beautiful,  but I want something drier and Sonixenima's two solo cello libraries are worth checking out, if you haven't done so already. The libraries you mentioned are both superb, IMO. But the Guo, while it sounds amazing also isn't as dry as what  I'm looking for. Granted, the uses I'm looking for are largely more in the realm of folk rock and not cinematic or orchestral.  Our own @Simeon Amburgey did a couple of videos going through each of the libraries that are worth watching if you're interested.  Sonixenima has one library that's just focused on the legato like Tina Guo and it sounds perfect to my ears and the other has a lot more articulations,  but I'm eventually going to buy both.

I believe I have similar uses for strings as you and I too am looking for something dry,  but the Virharmonic Cello doesn't sound that wet to me. I'll have to listen to it some more. From what I can remember I agree with you that Tina Guo sounds pretty wet.

I listened to the Sonixinema demos on YouTube and the legato sounds pretty good but I wasn't sold on the Contempary Soloist. And to get the same range of expression from Sonixinema's cellos as you get from Bohemian I think you need to buy both Intimate Legato and Contempary Soloists, and that costs you £127 or about €148, the same as Bohemian.

Of course, a solid plan B would be to use what I have, like Audio Imperia's Solo or 8dio's Intimate Strings or one of the cheap, simple cellos I've bought. Currently the only naked cello part I have is an intro for a song, other times it's somewhere there buried under everything else, so an additional expensive library would probably be wasted on me.

But it does sound so lovely!

Edited by pseudopop
  • Like 1