All 3 Drumkits at 8DIO are $20! LAST DAY!!!

cclarry

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yes. Referral programs are focused on acquiring new customers, so only a new customer making their first purchase gets the discount.  Some people are creating new accounts,  but, of course,  that's completely dishonest and I wouldn't recommend it for ethics reasons. 

@cclarry has a code that worked for my second purchase, so I got Blackbird and Ragnarok for $10 total.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yes. Referral programs are focused on acquiring new customers, so only a new customer making their first purchase gets the discount.  Some people are creating new accounts,  but, of course,  that's completely dishonest and I wouldn't recommend it for ethics reasons. 

yes - I'm gonna pass :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peter Hintze said:

thank you guys.. but I did not get any discount with the codes you sent. maybe I have bought too much from 8dio in recent years - I am not discount worthy.. ;)

The code only works for brand new customers on their first purchase. It's a typical referral program. They work by incentivizing current customers to bring aboard new customers, that's the only purpose of the discounts for the new customer and the corresponding $15 credit for the existing customer who brings them on board.  Some folks here are scamming the system by opening up additional accounts to keep pretending to be new customers. That, of course, violates 8Dio policy and gives them the right to close accounts and ban those folks from updates or future purchases. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I was only able to figure out how to get the code that works for new customers. If someone knows what the trick is to  get the one that works for existing customers, lemme know.

There isn't one. The codes are referral codes that only work for new customers - much like referral codes for e.g. Melda

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

The code only works for brand new customers on their first purchase.

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I was only able to figure out how to get the code that works for new customers. If someone knows what the trick is to  get the one that works for existing customers, lemme know.

Again; the code @cclarry gave me, the one starts with "THANKS", worked for me on my second purchase with my only 8dio account.

So, it's one of these possibilities:

• Larry hacked into 8dio servers and created a code that works multiple times.
  • 8dio is thankful to Larry for making them earn a million dollars (on this forum alone), and gave him a special code.
  • There was a glitch on 8dio's website.
  • There is a special promo going on for existing 8dio "Advanced Drum Series" owners.
  • The drum was AU$20 instead of US$20 for a brief period of time.
  • Elvis didn't do no drugs.
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I personally like it. This link was useful for it.

That's useful. I really appreciate the "library shootouts" people do that use the same midi part for different libraries. In fact,  I've done that with some of my libraries for my own personal use. 

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Hello, my name is tele and I am an addict. I was born a guitar player but then I got addicted to the drum sounds.  I like the boom, i like the bang. i like the crash. it makes me feel googly in my head.

giphy.gif

I got them all 😞

I got them all too. I was born a pianist, but my three siblings needed me to play drums in the band they put together,  so I ended up playing drums professionally for two decades. So that's my excuse for buying all 3 sampled drum kits, even though I knew ahead of time that they weren't configured for my VDrums. They sound good and they're cheap as it gets for a high quality,  detailed drum sample library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1