Plugin Alliance: Monthly vouchers to make a return

MusicMan

33 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Plugin Alliance: Monthly vouchers to make a return (Check emails tomorrow)

they have been getting a bit useless in the last year or so.

PA pricing is a total mess in my opinion.   Worse than Waves !

Totally random and huge prices when released, then on offer with various (infinite?) combinations of different vouchers.    Fortunately I've got most of the PA stuff that I'm ever gonna buy.   They now seem to be just releasing various slightly different versions of EQ or mojo boxes.  Very unimaginative IMO.

Edited by simon
  • Like 4

Just received the email from PA.

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND:
The Original PA Loyalty Voucher!

Loyalty Voucher Code

This code can only be used once. It expires on November 23. The code is valid for any plugin sale, upgrade or promotion this month, but not valid for subscription bundles. Copy/paste it into the 'Use Voucher' field during checkout in our online store. This is our way of saying "Thank You for Your Loyalty".

Minimum Spend

Your $50 voucher will require a minimum order of $75 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $75 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.

Edit: just received another email from PA

Minimum Spend

Your $25 voucher will require a minimum order of $32 - this means that your net shopping cart subtotal has to be $32 or more before you can successfully apply the voucher.

Edited by Wallace Ng
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wallace Ng said:

Just received the email from PA.

Got the email now too.. great to see the minimum spend is better again!

Pretty simple stuff really... they tried, we held out, they adjusted it back... not rocket science 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Did you guys get any kind of loyalty vouchers last month? Because I didn't and I haven't received any email from them since last September, besides purchase receipts.

The last loyalty one for me was 6th Oct

Any Plugin $29.99

Thank you for your loyalty

plus the seemingly daily - super sale - ANY (not ANY) plugin for ( insert random amount) - definitely the last chance (until tomorrow) - you might be able to stack vouchers (or maybe not) - note we've actually increased the prices for the purposes of these voucher - minimum spend is random amount that's slightly over what would make the voucher useful, etc etc

at least you know with waves it's basically $29 or buy two get one free.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, simon said:

... plus the seemingly daily - super sale - ANY (not ANY) plugin for ( insert random amount) - definitely the last chance (until tomorrow) - you might be able to stack vouchers (or maybe not) - note we've actually increased the prices for the purposes of these voucher - minimum spend is random amount that's slightly over what would make the voucher useful, etc etc

All this^ nonsense drove me away...for good.  It's needlessly complicated and sleazy.  Just set reasonable and stable prices.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

they have been getting a bit useless in the last year or so.

PA pricing is a total mess in my opinion.   Worse than Waves !

Totally random and huge prices when released, then on offer with various (infinite?) combinations of different vouchers.    Fortunately I've got most of the PA stuff that I'm ever gonna buy.   They now seem to be just releasing various slightly different versions of EQ or mojo boxes.  Very unimaginative IMO.

Most of their sales and vouchers in-between I just ignored, apart from a couple of gem sales and freebies during that time.

I've got most of the things I wanted from them too. I might cherry pick a few with the lower minimum spend vouchers here and there again now though, but I was buying other stuff during that time so they've been beaten to the punch by other competitors by dropping the ball on their regular sales and loyalty offers.

Yes, I know some people thought the new vouchers were good.. I just don't agree and wasn't one of them 🤣

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Most of their sales and vouchers in-between I just ignored, apart from a couple of gem sales and freebies during that time

Yes, I know some people thought the new vouchers were good.. I just don't agree and wasn't one of them 🤣

I agree with you - and I willing to bet that PA didn't see the increase in sales they were hoping for.   There's no other explanation why the would u-turn.  Although maybe they are a fan of UK politics, where the u-turn has become very popular :D

There is yet another saturator/mojo box released today too - Larry's already posted the 'deal'  - personally I pass.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, simon said:

I agree with you - and I willing to bet that PA didn't see the increase in sales they were hoping for.   There's no other explanation why the would u-turn.  Although maybe they are a fan of UK politics, where the u-turn has become very popular :D

There is yet another saturator/mojo box released today too - Larry's already posted the 'deal'  - personally I pass.

Totally the same on their new saturator. I won't even bother to demo it for now. They might still tempt me with Kirchoff at some stage though!

New voucher also coincides with a reduction of my loyalty tier.  I was at $75 the entire time they had the terrible voucher system (thanks to spending way too much money) now they bring it back and drop me to $50.  

Hopefully we see some more $20 with no min spend before the end of the year.

• Like 1