Plugin Boutique 3-for-10 October Plugins Bundle $10

pseudopop

The bundle includes the following products:

Offer available until October 31st.

The vanilla MWaveFolder is part of the free bundle, but the MB version is not.

Edited by pseudopop
Fixed the retail price for Ramp
  • Like 3

Hidden gem: if you have your eyes on a Meldaproduction bundle that includes MWaveFolderMB, they'll give you €24 credit toward the bundle if you have a license for this. They assume that if you bought it from a 3rd-party vendor that you got it for 50% off list, So, maybe worth it for that alone even if, like me, you never even touch the FreeFX Bundle version.

As for the others....yet another fake sidechainer? And the very idea of a DAW plug-in that emulates the flaws of an early converter is....I don't have the word for it. Unfathomable? "Make your sounds really not pop in the mix! Add fabulous 'digititis.' No JetPLL!"

Still, every Meldaproduction plug-in is....precioussss, yes? My precioussss Meldaproduction FX. We loves themmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, it is sad, I've never used the free MWavesFolder but yet keep thinking well maybe I should pay to get the "MB" version as more in my melda collection is a good thing, right?

I also think that this one adds the new GUI options that the free one wouldn't have.   Which in turn might make me more likely to actually use it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hidden gem: if you have your eyes on a Meldaproduction bundle that includes MWaveFolderMB, they'll give you €24 credit toward the bundle if you have a license for this. They assume that if you bought it from a 3rd-party vendor that you got it for 50% off list, So, maybe worth it for that alone even if, like me, you never even touch the FreeFX Bundle version.

As for the others....yet another fake sidechainer? And the very idea of a DAW plug-in that emulates the flaws of an early converter is....I don't have the word for it. Unfathomable? "Make your sounds really not pop in the mix! Add fabulous 'digititis.' No JetPLL!"

Still, every Meldaproduction plug-in is....precioussss, yes? My precioussss Meldaproduction FX. We loves themmm.

Thanks for the tip!  Wasn't going to buy this, but now I am.  Love Melda plugins... can't beat lifetime free updates!

46 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

RX950 is one of my top 3 most used plugins, total secret weapon.

From the video, I get the impression that they mostly modeled the analog circuitry surrounding the converter itself, with the exception of the rate reduction knob. Fair enough. The sample sound files of course had that same problem that a lot of such things do: the "after" examples were louder, so impossible to tell exactly what the thing is doing.

As for MWaveFolderMB....ugh. I just took the non-MB version for a spin and it sounds like total crap, and not in a good way. I'm not afraid of sound destruction; one of my favorite plug-ins is Freakshow Dumpster Fire, and I have both of the other Freakshow FX as well. But MWaveFolder sounds like someone trying to play music through a toy walkie-talkie with a half-dead battery. Which seems on paper way better than it actually sounds. I can't imagine that multi-band would help it be more appealing. I know it's supposed to be harsh, and believe me, I used to go to shows that Survival Research Labs and Poison Gas Research used to put on in San Francisco, I am not averse to creative applications of noise. This doesn't sound cool, it just sounds like....crap. I'd love to hear someone using it just to see if I had the application wrong.

If I wanted that "musical greeting card with dying battery" sound, I'd use MBitFun or MWaveShaper before that thing. Noise Engineering Ruina is even better.

Also: notice how there are no videos or sound samples on their website for this effect.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

From the video, I get the impression that they mostly modeled the analog circuitry surrounding the converter itself, with the exception of the rate reduction knob. Fair enough. The sample sound files of course had that same problem that a lot of such things do: the "after" examples were louder, so impossible to tell exactly what the thing is doing.

As for MWaveFolderMB....ugh. I just took the non-MB version for a spin and it sounds like total crap, and not in a good way. I'm not afraid of sound destruction; one of my favorite plug-ins is Freakshow Dumpster Fire, and I have both of the other Freakshow FX as well. But MWaveFolder sounds like someone trying to play music through a toy walkie-talkie with a half-dead battery. Which seems on paper way better than it actually sounds. I can't imagine that multi-band would help it be more appealing. I know it's supposed to be harsh, and believe me, I used to go to shows that Survival Research Labs and Poison Gas Research used to put on in San Francisco, I am not averse to creative applications of noise. This doesn't sound cool, it just sounds like....crap. I'd love to hear someone using it just to see if I had the application wrong.

If I wanted that "musical greeting card with dying battery" sound, I'd use MBitFun or MWaveShaper before that thing. Noise Engineering Ruina is even better.

Also: notice how there are no videos or sound samples on their website for this effect.

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts about this plugin

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Actually, I really like Ruina. And it's free! It comes in handy with raw techno leads.