What Projects are you Working On Now?

Tim Smith

18 hours ago, craigb said:

I was helping a guy who had claimed to invent an anti-gravity device.  Unfortunately, when he sat in the chair for the first test, the entire device took off into space and never came back!

EPIC FAIL!

19 hours ago, craigb said:

I was helping a guy who had claimed to invent an anti-gravity device.  Unfortunately, when he sat in the chair for the first test, the entire device took off into space and never came back!

I can think of quite a few folks that I would like to sit in that chair ;)

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Cleaning the patio from hell ...

I'm in upstate NY rebuilding a rotted porch on someones summer home. One of their relatives saw my work in NJ and paid for a hotel for 5 days plus a set amount per day to get me up here. Guys who can swing a hammer (successfully) can't be found so I'm told. Now I have more work in NJ and NY than I can handle. All in just a few weeks of barely even trying. It all just fell in to my lap. 

Lost all my shit in MO so I'm temporarily borrowing tools from my brother. Go back home to NJ Friday.

Music is on hold for now but I'll be back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobertWS said:

I achieved my yearly goal of breaking 80 playing golf.

Now I can relax and coast the rest of the summer....geez it's going by fast!

Shouldn't you play the back nine first??! 😕

(I keed, I keed! 😜)

On 7/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, 57Gregy said:

Thankfully, it's not my job, just a hobby.

The music or growing watermelons?

On 7/25/2022 at 7:28 PM, craigb said:

Did you get video of that one? Don't tell me, the recorder wasn't working at the time due to the anti gravity wave.

20 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Cleaning the patio from hell.  Trying to unclog the dishwasher.  So far the dishwasher, plus the fridge with an ice maker and water dispenser, leaking water have went to hell.

I had a leak in my shower plumbing a few years ago inside the wall. The leak was very small. By the time we realized it, a lot of damage had been done.

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I'm in upstate NY rebuilding a rotted porch on someones summer home. One of their relatives saw my work in NJ and paid for a hotel for 5 days plus a set amount per day to get me up here. Guys who can swing a hammer (successfully) can't be found so I'm told. Now I have more work in NJ and NY than I can handle. All in just a few weeks of barely even trying. It all just fell in to my lap. 

Lost all my shit in MO so I'm temporarily borrowing tools from my brother. Go back home to NJ Friday.

You should write a book after all of this. Seriously. I have the feeling I'm only into about 1% of what's actually going on. 

Best wishes and hope you get back on track soon.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:28 PM, craigb said:

29 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Did you get video of that one? Don't tell me, the recorder wasn't working at the time due to the anti gravity wave.

Unfortunately he insisted on being the one to hold the camera... 

9 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Just curious, but have you been using the little trick I posted?

This one!

'Cause it's definitely been working for me! 🙂

20 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Superslick_Nylon_Trombone_Snake_41551bc1

BTW this is a handy plumbing tool for smaller diameter pipes

I have one of those but I haven't used it for the purposes Bapu mentions. 

True story- I remained aware and took no sedation with my last two colonoscopys. I will say it is a very uncomfortable experience without sedation. 

I don't deal well with the drugs they use to put me out, so I have opted to just bear with it. If you don't mind something that feels like a snake crawling into your gut you could handle it. One benefit is I was able to see the inside of my colon in real time. 

The doc asked me at least a half dozen times- Are you SURE you don't want to be sedated? To which I would answer nah, I can handle it.Only about one in a 1000 refuses sedation. I don't recommend it if you are the least bit queasy or don't tolerate small amounts of pain well.

Edited by Tim Smith