Eventide Pluginpalooza!

cclarry

Yep, that juicy OME50OTC code just sitting there was too much to ignore, so I picked up SplitEQ for $50.

Eventide has now extracted $90 from me that otherwise wouldn't have happened. Quite the 'screw up' on their part!

Tried to get Physion for $25 as well, but the code only worked once. Just as well. Upon reflection, I can do everything Physion did (and more) by just routing audio to 2 tracks, putting SplitEQ on each at 'transient only' and 'tone only' settings, and then putting whatever VSTs I want to effect the two halves as desired - not limited to the few FX within Physion.

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

It seems that OME50OTC is invalid now (I haven't used it before and it's not working anymore)

They probably killed it also.  There really aren't supposed to be "coupons" during sales.

I'm amazed how sloppy some companies are with the codes.

Earlier this month I bought a Mntra Instruments synth from Audio Plugin Deals. They sent me a generic coupon code (ie. "DISCOUNT2022") that gives 100% discount for said instrument. Anybody could probably use that code and get the product for free.

Another time I used a coupon code I found on the Internet to get a hefty discount for another product. That coupon code was given out like 2 years earlier and was supposed to be valid for only a couple of weeks. Still worked like a charm.

6 hours ago, pseudopop said:

I'm amazed how sloppy some companies are with the codes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mix of some being sloppy and for some, guerrilla marketing tricks and driving some sales as well.

With downloadable software and plugins, it's not like they lose money, it's more that people buy them that might not have, because they're such a great buy at those crazy reduced prices.

I love the Eventide products, but the discounts made them a complete no brainer, otherwise I wouldn't have picked them up right at this moment... Or upgraded to Anthology as a result as well 🤣

• Great Idea 2

51 minutes ago, abacab said:

Sort of a stealth group buy, perhaps?

Exactly that and I forgot to add as well, that some probably notice, but then don't hurry to fix it, as it creates a buzz and generates a storm of sales. Then once they've killed the codes, it still generates advertising.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's also used by some companies to offer deeper discounts that might otherwise upset people who paid more, as it's viewed as a pricing error.

So I think there could be a mix of everything from simple mistakes, to a highly effective sales generation tool and anything in between.

Either way, it seems to be win/win for almost everyone in many cases 🙂

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...