Alan Parson's Recording Vocal & Acostic Guitar Video

cclarry

Alan does mix with masters classes at his Parsonics studio. I spent two days with him in California at one of them right before Covid.

The first day was  on mixing and the second on recording a band. The band that came for us to record? Toad the Wet Sprocket!

In truth I learned more with some online classes with other producers/mixers, but the time with him was worth every penny.

• Like 4

"Ram is everything" ~Alan Parson*

Years ago there was a contest by Musician's Friend to win a DAW. Alan Parson "delivered it" and had a discussion with the winner where he said the above quote.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bapu said:

"Ram is everything" ~Alan Parson*

Years ago there was a contest by Musician's Friend to win a DAW. Alan Parson "delivered it" and had a discussion with the winner where he said the above quote.

So did Paul McCartney....

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 5

I'm a music collector - I own all of the Alan Parsons Project and all his solo albums.  Though his later solo stuff is very uneven, his first album "Try Anything Once" is amazing. 

Check out "The Three Of Me"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, husker said:

I'm a music collector - I own all of the Alan Parsons Project and all his solo albums.  Though his later solo stuff is very uneven, his first album "Try Anything Once" is amazing. 

Check out "The Three Of Me"

Got to get it out and listen. Didn’t work for me when I got it and never bothered afterwards. Thanks for this. 

I thought I'd share - this is the album Alan signed for me at the end of the mix with the masters class. His studio is next to his home, so he invited all of us inside his house for sushi. We were at his dining room table when he signed this. 💜

For those that don't know - Alan was the engineer on Dark Side of the Moon! 🤘

darkside.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1