NI Kontakt updated to 6.7.1

cclarry

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/39/official-update-status-kontakt-current-version-6-7-1

6.7.1 - 2022-04-04

Bug Fix.

FIXED Updating to Kontakt 6.7.0 could crash attempting to build the database under certain conditions

FIXED Level meters for certain effects would be broken in Edit View

FIXED Deleting an output section preset could crash Kontakt under certain conditions

FIXED Step Modulator was missing step 17 as a modulation target

FIXED Edit All Buses was not working for send effects

FIXED Keyboasrd shortcut Ctrl+F9 did not work correctly for Quick-Jump in the Files tab (Windows only)

FIXED Info Pane text area now adjusts to the rack width

FIXED Output selection popup menu in the output section would not open under certain conditions

FIXED KSP Crash when using output_channel_name() under certain conditions

ADDED Output section was missing a close button

IMPROVED Zone colors in Mapping Editor now have more contrast

KNOWN ISSUE Creator Tools does not connect when Kontakt is running natively on ARM Mac

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, locrian said:

Seems to have only updated Standalone and VST2, but not VST3.  NI is really going downhill lately...

Could be much worse. They could be saying "we know about that bug. It's on the list. It will be updated eventually but there are other priorities right now" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I'm seeing the Kontakt 6.7.1 VST3 here in Cakewalk and Studio One.

Hmm.  In Cubase 12 it still shows 6.7.0.  I also checked the VST3 folder (Win10), and it too was 6.7.0.

My problem might be that I used Native Access v2 to do the update.  Maybe it changed the install path (despite the fact that I checked it).  Oh well...

17 hours ago, abacab said:

I believe that the VST3 install path is a fixed standard location in Native Access, and many other installers.

It is, in accordance with the VST3 spec. You can 'get around' this if you really want/need to by creating symbolic links to point to somewhere else, e.g. on a disk with more space.

• Like 1