Accusonus ERA 6 Bundle for free

Yan Filiatrault

9 hours ago, dee said:

my beatmaking bundle 2 dissapeared from account as well, i have era6 bundle on account but not what was bought before

support no response at all

terrible

Did you try reaching via their Facebook page?  Since they work there now ….just saying haha

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

I had Regroover Essentials at first and I have that serial number.  I then upgraded to Regroover Pro, but I cannot find that serial.   It's currently installed on machine, so I'm trying to see if there's some way to extract the serial.  No luck so far.

I recently received some emails from Accusonus with the serials in my account. You should have get the same.

• Like 2

Ah, so it seems to be that they decided to put up the bundle installer so that those of us with anything from it could access it, and stripped the serial requirement out of everything.

That would imply that I still only technically have licenses for the two PB freebies in the package, and the other ones just happen to work. Ah well, I'll use the other things in the bundle, and if the software police come and knock on my door I'll plead confusion and point to this thread as proof of my attempt at diligence. The owners of the products are probably too busy bathing in Dom Perignon while lighting cigars with $100 bills to assemble a legal team to come and get me.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I recently received some emails from Accusonus with the serials in my account. You should have get the same.

I have the serial numbers to my regroover, but I cannot install it without logging into the website... Which won't let me. 

Meta Shmeta

3 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I have the serial numbers to my regroover, but I cannot install it without logging into the website... Which won't let me. 

Meta Shmeta

Offline Product Activation

The first time you open an accusonus product, the Evaluation screen will open. 1) Uncheck I'm Online and click on the Activate button. The Activation screen will open. 2) Enter your product key in the corresponding field and then click Generate.

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Offline Product Activation

The first time you open an accusonus product, the Evaluation screen will open. 1) Uncheck I'm Online and click on the Activate button. The Activation screen will open. 2) Enter your product key in the corresponding field and then click Generate.

Yeah, that's the easy part. But after that you have to Log in to your account to upload the Request file....and since no one seems to be able to log in to their accounts, it's Catch 22.  They have essentially killed all uninstalled purchases. Suckenberg strikes again.

I've sent an email, but I'm not expecting much.  I don't think they thought this through.

Edited by Philip G Hunt
  • Sad 1

This is what they say on their website regarding these products:

https://support.accusonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526768106386-What-happens-to-my-Beat-Making-and-Drum-Mixing-products-

What happens to my Beat Making and Drum Mixing products?

9 days ago

Updated

You will be able to continue using your accusonus Drum Mixing (Beatformer, Drumatom2) and Beat Making products (Regroover, Rhythmiq) as before. 

Please use the relevant product keys provided via email after purchase to activate your plug-ins when prompted. You can download the product installers here.

Furthermore, we will continue offering support to customers but there won’t be any further development to those products, such as updates to support newer OS versions or Audio/Video editor versions.

This is not being honoured as of now because they are not allowing users to  register or activate licenses.   Let's see how customer support responds next week.

• Sad 1

And here is the email response I was dreading.

Hi there,

Hope all is well!

We recently announced changes to our product line. Any accounts containing Beat Making and Drum Mixing products, such as Regroover and drumatom, have been removed from our system. Therefore, no account will be found if you try to log-in to the website.

So basically, if you only had the products above, you've lost your account and you can never active the product ever again (like if you change computer).

I just hope no one depends on any of these products in their mixes.

😕

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Philip G Hunt said:

And here is the email response I was dreading.

Hi there,

Hope all is well!

We recently announced changes to our product line. Any accounts containing Beat Making and Drum Mixing products, such as Regroover and drumatom, have been removed from our system. Therefore, no account will be found if you try to log-in to the website.

So basically, if you only had the products above, you've lost your account and you can never active the product ever again (like if you change computer).

I just hope no one depends on any of these products in their mixes.

😕

Hopefully you replied back with, what I'm really asking is how do I authorize my "beat making and drum mixing" products from today and moving forward that I purchased from your company.

I got Regroover but never used it.  So not a major loss for me, though any company that is still in business like they are should be able to honor the product even if they don't support it.  

24 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Hopefully you replied back with, what I'm really asking is how do I authorize my "beat making and drum mixing" products from today and moving forward that I purchased from your company.

I got Regroover but never used it.  So not a major loss for me, though any company that is still in business like they are should be able to honor the product even if they don't support it.  

Yes, I wrote that very clearly in my first email to them and in the second email sent after the reply.

I'm not holding out hope.

Still no reply from Accusonus.

Serious question: who can you contact to report this bad practise? 

Accusonus/Meta has just, overnight, wiped all user accounts that fall under the remit above, thus, without warning, making all software that needs a user account to register it useless. Anyone who bought (or is still buying...Regroover is still for sale on many sites) has just lost their investment in that software. 

Is there a governing body (fair trade practises) who can be contacted?

I must say, I am very very shocked by what they have done.

I have sent the following message to Accusonus and I will be reposting it everywhere I can.

Accusonus

I would like someone to address the issue of how users of products such as Regroover are to Register these products when changing or upgrading systems.

I have recently changed DAW and cannot register my product as Accusonus have deleted my account, which it is essential to have in order to obtain the License key (not the Serial number). Without the license key to unlock the software, it is useless.

Regarding this decision by Accusonus to delete accounts they deem unnecessary, as well as taking away the option to open a new account, I do hope you are aware that products such as Regroover are still being sold at full retail price. Any new users buying these licenses will find themselves heavily out of pocket, and rightly annoyed. This will not be good publicity.

I hope you will address this issue of locking users out of software they own. I will be reposting this message on line in an effort to raise attention to the issue as I am sure I will not be the only person in this position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Still no reply from Accusonus.

Serious question: who can you contact to report this bad practise? 

Accusonus/Meta has just, overnight, wiped all user accounts that fall under the remit above, thus, without warning, making all software that needs a user account to register it useless. Anyone who bought (or is still buying...Regroover is still for sale on many sites) has just lost their investment in that software. 

Is there a governing body (fair trade practises) who can be contacted?

I must say, I am very very shocked by what they have done.

This is exactly the reason why nowadays I tend to prefer plugins/software that have a real offline (without any online junk!) authorization, like a key file, an offline key, no auth or a registration key. But if a company plunges, then even iLok is better than other machine authorizations (as long as Pace lives 😆)!

The worst is like Cakewalk, Magix, ... that even require periodical reauthorization! You know what happens if those companies ...

• Like 1

Seems I changed PC's just in time. I did this early january and I could re-install and activate Rythmiq, Regroover and Beatformer just fine. Seems that if was just a couple of months later, I would have lost them?

I'm not sure, but is the issue that you get some kind of error when you enter your serial?  I still have my serials in my mail (and I save them in a txt file on my PC as well together with the latest install file).

Here’s the answer I received from Accusonus support:

‘We recently announced changes to our product line. Any accounts containing Beat Making and Drum Mixing products, such as Regroover and drumatom, have been removed from our system. Therefore, no account will be found if you try to log-in to the website.

As a perpetual license owner of either the legacy Beat Making or Drum Mixing products, you can still use your plug-ins. However, accusonus will not be providing additional product development and support for these products. 

Please use the relevant product keys you have received via email along with your purchase, to continue using the plug-ins. You can locate the installers here. 
Sadly, an offline activation is no longer available. That is why we have raised the number of activations to 10.
You can consult this guide for the online activation.

Thanks a lot for your support along the way.’

There’s some links in the message, here’s the one for online activation:

https://support.accusonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016483160-How-to-activate-Music-Production-products-using-Online-Activation