Mariachi

David Sprouse

Beatiful, David. I ran across this unexpected pleasure while enjoying my morning coffee.  I had to listen to it several times and I am still trying to get my head around some of the cool harmonies. Really lovely work, thank you.

As for the name, all you need to say is after listening  it becomes perfectly obvious.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Ha ha, what a surprise - i was expecting some Mustached guys with sombreros playing Guitars!!

it is beautiful as Jack said - enjoyed it very much - and so much better for not having Mustached guys with sombreros playing Guitars in it!!!

Nigel

Nigel, it's hugely experimental.  I'm glad you enjoyed  it ;)  

8 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Beatiful, David. I ran across this unexpected pleasure while enjoying my morning coffee.  I had to listen to it several times and I am still trying to get my head around some of the cool harmonies. Really lovely work, thank you.

As for the name, all you need to say is after listening  it becomes perfectly obvious.

Kevin,  I haven't quite mastered the string quartet with samples.  It's hugely experimental.. but maybe an exercise in tension and release(?) :)

Why is mariachi so important?

Today's mariachi ensembles are a favored entertainment choice to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, baptisms, holidays and funerals. Mariachi is so important to Mexican culture, in fact, that UNESCO named it as an Intangible Cultural Heritage.

Great work David ..( as always with you ) .. sorry about the late revue as I have a few prob's at home... I was pinged on Band Camp and forgot to say 'good work mate'  .. so that done, and for me I really enjoyed it so more please ......

ATB

Steve

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wookiee said:

As ever David an interesting piece to make my furry ears sit up and listen and wiggle enthusiastically :) 

12 hours ago, SupaReels said:

Why is mariachi so important?

Today's mariachi ensembles are a favored entertainment choice to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, baptisms, holidays and funerals. Mariachi is so important to Mexican culture, in fact, that UNESCO named it as an Intangible Cultural Heritage.

Great work David ..( as always with you ) .. sorry about the late revue as I have a few prob's at home... I was pinged on Band Camp and forgot to say 'good work mate'  .. so that done, and for me I really enjoyed it so more please ......

ATB

Steve

It means alot coming from two of the best composers in the forum.  Thanks.  Also, I switched the dodgy cello and put in tina guo.  It sounds more realistic.  Thank you, you two.

• Thanks 1

Hi David . . . had a few listens to this now . . . I think you captured the quartet idea very well here, expressive and dynamic through the whole piece. Not your typical Mariachi, more of an intellectual Mariachi. With these sampled instruments you've pulled something acoustically realistic out of them. (If I heard this on the radio I might not think it was samples) I found it an enjoyable and interesting listen . . . now I have to go look up "tina guo"

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hi David . . . had a few listens to this now . . . I think you captured the quartet idea very well here, expressive and dynamic through the whole piece. Not your typical Mariachi, more of an intellectual Mariachi. With these sampled instruments you've pulled something acoustically realistic out of them. (If I heard this on the radio I might not think it was samples) I found it an enjoyable and interesting listen . . . now I have to go look up "tina guo"

Bruce,  you were able to get through it more than once? It's only 4'30" but feels much longer to me.  haha  Tina Guo  is a cellist who has a cinesamples cello library that's pretty good.  Thanks for taking the time to listen to my music.