Best Service Engine Updated to 2.8.0.58

cclarry

1 minute ago, Tim Smith said:

I had been running the last version of ENGINE with a few dedicated libraries. It always threw up a .yti error but ran anyways. Hopefully this will correct the issue.

ENGINE doesn't have a lot of frills but it gets the job done.

Will this play the old Yellow Tools stuff?

58 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The BEST thing about Engine is the Tarilonte Libraries...

This is what I mostly use ENGINE for. I am not sure about the old YT stuff running on ENGINE. It "should" but if I were a betting man I wouldn't bet on it. Those sounds go back a long long time.

• Like 1

I use Engine only for Eduardo's libraries.

It's pretty bare-bones, but I find it easy enough to use and it gets the job done.

FWIW, the support from Best Service is really great -- I had some issues with the "Ancient Era: Persia" library over the holidays, and they responded promptly and very helpfully.  I appreciate that a lot - good customer service seems to be getting rarer, and my experiences with Best Service have always been good ones.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Fixed it for ya.

What the hell is Engine and why do I NOT need it?

t

Engine is Best Service's version of "Kontakt" basically, howbeit not really in Kontakt's league, but
still not a slouch either.  Most of the Best Service products run inside of "Engine".  It's FREE, and there
is a huge FREE Library that gives you a few patches from all the Libraries Best Service sells!  The interface
is OLD ( and it looks it!) but still works.

The BIG HITTERS are the Tarilonte Libraries, which are top notch...and the price reflects that!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

This is what I mostly use ENGINE for. I am not sure about the old YT stuff running on ENGINE. It "should" but if I were a betting man I wouldn't bet on it. Those sounds go back a long long time.

Good non-bet!  It is very much like the GUI for MAGIX Independence (see below).  I got excited for a bit but alas, the libraries don't load stating they are not "activated" - which they are for Independence Pro.  I'm going to inquire with BS support and see if it is possible.

2125247957_BestEngine.thumb.JPG.3f0744a234eab52db31b719aec5a0691.JPG

• Like 1

...as a follow-up, I found THIS article which states that the Engine libraries can be used in Independence, it doesn't state the opposite is true.

MAGIX has Independence so screwy and fails to address long-standing issues.  e.g. supposedly purchasing Independence Pro (beyond and separate from it's inclusion in Samplitude Suite) should allow you to use it in other DAWS but that has not proven true for many including myself.  I can use the complete library in the standalone version and inside Samplitude but have been unsuccessful getting it to load instruments in other DAWS.

• Like 1