Native Instruments Offer on Evolution Series

cclarry

This is one of my favorite companies.  But only one of these libraries, CHRONICLES, has been released before this sale, and it started coming out a few months ago. There are a lot of videos about that series on YouTube, but there's nothing about this beyond Reuben's very quick wrap-up below.

I was not expecting this.  It looks so good.... I wish I had known about this before Black Friday.  My money is gone.   But this happens all the time.  I remember when Orchestral Tools ambushed everybody with an NI sale on the Inspires in December. 

I know I will buy at least one of these.  But I'm hoping they will come out with more information before the sale ends in around three weeks. 

• Like 1

Curious if this company is being absorbed by Native Instruments. Quite a few products on the NI page that aren't even on the Evolution website, and that is an NI walkthrough video featuring products that I don't even see announced by the company either. Weird!

The Evolution world percussion series is one of my favorite libraries ever - hoping they are staying an independent developer though.

Really want that Vocal Colors: Bronte, but doesn't seem to be for sale as a single product. :(

Edited by Carl Ewing

World Colors looks really nice. I have their WC Clar-Duduk and it's very good - good set of articulations and you can move through them either via key switches or mod wheel. Up to three articulations can also be be triggered by velocity or mod wheel (or MIDI CC).

Does anyone know if you can use an NI voucher on these?

26 minutes ago, Daniel Hulse said:

World Colors looks really nice. I have their WC Clar-Duduk and it's very good - good set of articulations and you can move through them either via key switches or mod wheel. Up to three articulations can also be be triggered by velocity or mod wheel (or MIDI CC).

Does anyone know if you can use an NI voucher on these?

Voucher only works for :  -

It’s basically useless, hehe

21 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Curious if this company is being absorbed by Native Instruments. Quite a few products on the NI page that aren't even on the Evolution website, and that is an NI walkthrough video featuring products that I don't even see announced by the company either. Weird!

The Evolution world percussion series is one of my favorite libraries ever - hoping they are staying an independent developer though.

Really want that Vocal Colors: Bronte, but doesn't seem to be for sale as a single product. :(

They are staying independent.   Here's the story from Anthony at Evolution Series on VI:Control:

Regarding the mysterious nature of this sale... I'm also sorry for the confusion. To cut a long story short I have been working for what seems like an eternity on multiple new products and updates all at one time. In an unexpected situation we ended up finishing all the libraries at once lol So my good friends at Native Instruments wanted to do some sort of sale with me. After having a think we decided to do something crazy and put all the 'NKS' libraries even the unreleased ones in this big sale. So think of it this way you are buying a number of products that are not officially released yet... that is why there is no information on my site. Once this sale is over these new products will not be available for a few months while I slowly work on the offical overview videos (these take ages!!).

I can honestly say there is so much cool content. The NI overview video is just a small look at everything. I'll reach out to some reviewers and see if they can put something together sooner rather than later to provide a deeper look at the sounds

Until then I'll do my best to answer any questions.

I've suggested to Anthony that he give a copy to @Simeon Amburgey so he can do a video.  I think that's going to happen.  Simeon has another video planned before this, and it's going to be a lot of work.

FYI, Anthony goes by the name @pulse on VI:Control.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

I wrote this on VI:Control.  Maybe it will help some of you make up your mind about this.

The COLORS series has 10 instruments with 8 GB and sells for $198. Prepared Steel, Vocal, Erhu, Dizi, Bawu, Guqin, Pipa, Suona, Violin and Cello. With less than a GB per library, I supect these are more about textures, hence the term "colors." Based on Reuben's video, though, at least some are playable and sound nice. There is "legato" on the interfaces, but maybe it is scripted rather than recorded. I doubt that this is going to be the Erhu of my dreams, although I expect it would be a great supplement to anything that might be released someday by 3-Body, Ample Sound, or anybody else, because it will offer a lot of exotic articulations unlikely to be found anywhere else.

The WORLD SERIES only includes 5 instruments: the Guzheng, Oud, Saz, Tanpura and Harmonium. This package is 119 GB and sells for $296. I’m going to take a guess from the GB and the price that these are more fully-realized instruments, not just textures or "colors." I know that to be the case because I own the Guzheng and the Oud is well-regarded, so maybe the Saz, Tanpura and Harmonium are similar.

Aside from the Oud and Guzheng, The CHRONICLES series (49 GB and $279) is the only thing in the NI sale that isn't brand new. so Evolution has made videos on Bukhu (5), Brass & Wood (5) and Miyabi (6). So there's everything you need to make an informed purchase on them, although YouTubers can offer different perspectives.

COLORS seems like something I'd be inclined to buy at $198. I'd like to see a video or two, but there's enough in Reuben's video to make it very appealing, not just for all the world instruments, but for the Vocal and the Prepared Steel. I've also been eying the CHRONICLES libraries, and came close to picking up Miyabi in November at the intro price of $139. The package is a good deal if you want CHRONICLE.

But if anybody wants CHRONICLES and COLORS, that's $477 and you might as well go for the whole thing.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Zero infos on size ?

From product page:

Colors Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
Prepared Colors Steel, Vocal Colors Bronte, World Colors Erhu, World Colors Dizi, World Colors Bawu, World Colors Guqin, World Colors Pipa, World Colors Suona, Bowed Colors Violin Vol 1, Bowed Colors Cello Vol 1
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
6 GB RAM (Recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
Download size: 7.86 GB

Chronicles Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
Bukhu, Brass and Wood, Miyabi
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 49.2 GB

World Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
World Strings Guzheng, World Reeds Harmonium, World Strings Oud, World Strings Saz, World Strings Tanpura
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 118.75 GB

Evolution Series Everything Bundle
PRODUCT INCLUDES
World Series, Chronicles Series, Colors Series
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 174.8 GB

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

They are staying independent.   Here's the story from Anthony at Evolution Series on VI:Control:

I've suggested to Anthony that he give a copy to @Simeon Amburgey so he can do a video.  I think that's going to happen.  Simeon has another video planned before this, and it's going to be a lot of work.

FYI, Anthony goes by the name @pulse on VI:Control.

Thanks Reid,

I sent them a message through their website, so we shall see. 🤓

On 12/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, Carl Ewing said:

Now you got me interested. 
Vocal Colors: Brontë. 
Withering Lows?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I suggested the same thing.

Thanks so much Yan,
Having all of this support is really wonderful and I really appreciate it.

Anthony sent over everything but the kitchen sink (which might be the next entry into Chronicles).
I am in the process of downloading what I can and it might take a couple of days to get into them but I think per the usual for me, I will have some fun playing through these live, so be looking for something soon after Christmas.

I can tell you what I am hearing so far, sounds amazing.

Joyfully!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kevin H said:

From product page:

Colors Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
Prepared Colors Steel, Vocal Colors Bronte, World Colors Erhu, World Colors Dizi, World Colors Bawu, World Colors Guqin, World Colors Pipa, World Colors Suona, Bowed Colors Violin Vol 1, Bowed Colors Cello Vol 1
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 7.86 GB

Chronicles Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
Bukhu, Brass and Wood, Miyabi
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 49.2 GB

World Series
PRODUCT INCLUDES
World Strings Guzheng, World Reeds Harmonium, World Strings Oud, World Strings Saz, World Strings Tanpura
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 118.75 GB

Evolution Series Everything Bundle
PRODUCT INCLUDES
World Series, Chronicles Series, Colors Series
Installer file downloads
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Download size: 174.8 GB

Enougth for me to skip , my 2 tb data ssd is showing 90 gb free lol