"Inspired by ABBA DRUMS" for Kontakt (+ WAV)

facets

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I can't recall how many times I've heard an ABBA song and just been floored by their awesome drum sound.

Exactly. I was a working drummer many years and I can't say I've ever heard an Abba song where the drums sounded compelling -- or anything sounded compelling. Okay, I admit it, I loathe that awful, kitsch music. 

• Like 2

Also, someone needs to explain international trademark laws to this developer. In promoting The Beatles' sounding drum kit, he thought he was getting around trademark law by naming the drum kit "The Beatle" -- that violates the famous bands' trademark and it sounds, well, less than good. This time, his copy reads "Abbar." Yes, Abbar just sounds ridiculous, like the drum kit with a bass drum head that reads "The Beatle." It's still violating these artist's trademarks even though they sound like bad jokes.  Here's some free branding advice from a professional, instead of violating these parties intellectual property rights with bad sounding ridiculously minor variations of their trademarks, why not do something like :"Take a Chance Drums" or something like what EastWest did with their Beatles' sample library, calling it "Fab Four"? Okay, I loved The Beatles and know lots of stories about the band and know considerably less about Abba -- but far more than I want to know, to be candid. But if you do that and you don't violate these artists' registered trademarks -- specifically meaning their band names, which have enormous worth -- there is a chance if any representative saw what you're doing you'd get a cease and desist notice. I'm not a trademark attorney, but I have enough experience in the area that Interpol quotes me by name in their documentation on trademarks as do several books that cover the topic.

Anyhow, good luck with your sample library @facets, and just a suggestion, but I have picked up a number of your libraries from Past to Future and that name you were previously going by, Any Day Long, and they're pretty good -- apart from not being extensively sampled, which is my preference, they have a cool vibe to them. But I'd suggest that you stop the use of shell accounts, which you have used in the past and instead let the community know that you're the developer -- communicate honestly with us. People who buy sample libraries -- which, obviously, includes me -- like developers of decent libraries and are good with them posting here. Consider interacting with people. But never post as if you are a third party who merely loves the sample libraries, that will ruin your business and personal credibility. Had I not tried your free libraries and realized that you were formerly affiliated with Past to Future, I would have written you off after I witnessed you using various fake accounts here to hype your products. Just be real and honest and interact with the community. I think your libraries are good. Yes, I'm obviously not into Abba, but you've produced a lot of libraries I like. 

image.png.15b21939269b0f51eceb1e0ea2bab667.png

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

That should violate forum policy. It sounds very cruel. 

ha.. actually, fun little tad bit.. so i wound up going to this show a few months ago and had the weirdest seats. we sat behind the band and kept looking at their backs. but it was a great way to see these people do what the do live. i hasn't seen a real drummer in along time. all this pop and EDM and all you hear is hi-hats. the guy hardly ever touched the hi-hit. it was all toms when keeping the 8th and 16th notes beats. very cool player. the next day I went back into my Modo Drum MIDI stuff and switched all the hi-hats to toms notes. sounds so much better. 🙂

IMG_20211120_215246008.jpg

Edited by telecode 101