Melodyne 4 Regional FX Window

sjoens

Then it must be a bug. I don't remember Melodyne ever doing this before a few updates ago.

And now V-Vocal will open but doesn't work at all, when it used to work fairly well. I expected this would eventually happen as it's no longer supported.

Send any examples you can to Noel.

V-Vocal isn't supported anymore but it might help determine if something else is happening especially with clip bouncing or if the issue is really is with Melodyne.

I know there are many suggestions going back 10 years on how to make V-Vocal work reliably but in reality it's dependent on your project and how memory is being used. The simpler the project, the less likely it is that V-Vocal will crash but as you build it up it will eventually go south.

Try everyone's suggestions - one might work. Melodyne has been known for being very stable but maybe it's now running into similar issues. The developers need example projects to fix it.

Edited by Terry Kelley

1 hour ago, Terry Kelley said:

So you are saying that if we get an empty clip to close the VV window and reopen it via Open Editor and the clip will be there?

Not Terry here, but yes, that's how it's happening -

The clip is always there, but the blops are missing. Missing out of view, but the edits and everything is there -

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Not Terry here, but yes, that's how it's happening -

The clip is always there, but the blops are missing. Missing out of view, but the edits and everything is there -

Yeah, I've seen that one too. Right now, I am seeing an empty window. No clip waveform, no yellow pitch lines. Squat, nada. Melodyne has done it twice too. I try my various tricks but it's hit and miss if it will show up on VV.

Interesting info though! Thanks!

Edit: I remembered that sometimes the yellow pitch line can be off the screen and you need to scroll to find it. You see the waveform but no yellow pitch line. It's there but down or up off the screen.

Edited by Terry Kelley

19 hours ago, paulo said:

When Melodyne comes up blank, clicking again on the selected audio clip in Track view works for me. (2020.09). I'm so used to doing it now that I'd forgotten that it was a problem.

I am new to Melodyne and I just noticed it. It takes longer to render than V-Vocal but if I don't see it in 10 seconds I click on it and there it is. Has it been like this for a long time (longer than the latest CbB build)?

Also, I notice CTRL+M consistently brings up the blobs without having to click on the clip again. Nope, not always. You have to click on the clip. Is it a window refresh issue?

Edited by Terry Kelley

9 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Has it been like this for a long time (longer than the latest CbB build)?

As I said before, I'm using CW 2020.09 and I'm pretty sure that the issue was present before then, maybe even as far back as when Melodyne v4 was released. The initial release version certainly had a few issues. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, paulo said:

As I said before, I'm using CW 2020.09 and I'm pretty sure that the issue was present before then, maybe even as far back as when Melodyne v4 was released. The initial release version certainly had a few issues. 

Yes. This has been around since early melodyne 4

• Thanks 1