Warning: IRONY

SteveStrummerUK

Quick query to any moderator who may read this:

Did my sensible, educational, thought provoking and interesting thread concerning the declassified Russian documentary about the Tsar Bomb get er..... um........ nuked*?

Fair enough - I have absolutely no problem whatsoever if it was removed for its 'non-music-related' subject matter, but could I politely ask that the rules are enforced fairly and across the board going forward?

A cursory view down the first couple of page of the CH reveals a litany of other non-music-related threads that have been completely left alone, and some remain whose only relevance to music seems to be the vague, if not intangible, inclusion of a musical instrument in the title.

Thanks.

* The aforementioned irony.

• Great Idea 2

Oh. So it hasn't been dead here lately, they've just been deleting all the threads again.

I give up trying to figure out what's ok and what's not because like you said ... the censorship is not equal across the board. And that doesn't bother me at all. IOW I'm not sitting herr crying that Billy can do x y z but Tommy can't.

I just post what I want and say what the ***** I want and let the automatic censor and admin do what they want.

I've had a lot going on lately that I'd love to tell you guys about but it's not music related so I can't. But it's why I haven't been around.

FWIW Just about every other thread  I seem to post in gets nuked so let me give you an example of what we are up against .

What we have here  is a comparison of what happens when you let a bean counter take charge and monitor all forms of creative self expression

You start out with this .

1200px-Mona_Lisa,_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci,_

Then after run their little Bean Counter Power trip algorithm 

We  end up with this  😉

v45MwJr.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

4 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Quick query to any moderator who may read this:

A few months ago I raised this issue directly with one of the mods and was advised that the deletions of my threads were "by peeps much higher up the food chain than us mere mods".

I now work on the basis of expecting a thread to be deleted. If it isn't, that's a bonus. 

I've learnt that Lonnie Donegan is a "No,no", however, toddlers swearing seems to be OK. But I haven't figured out where the deletion threshold lies

8 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

A few months ago I raised this issue directly with one of the mods and was advised that the deletions of my threads were "by peeps much higher up the food chain than us mere mods".

I can confirm I had the same conversation. The mods can't delete a thread. Only lock. But I imagine they have direct contact with those who can delete and can request a deletion. I choose to believe they would not do that.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

But I imagine they have direct contact with those who can delete and can request a deletion. I choose to believe they would not do that.

The mod only knew it was someone higher up by checking the bin to see who had deleted it.

40 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

but surely, the user whose post is deleted should get some notification? only polite

"Why should we tell the user when we delete one of their posts at random?  When they look and it's gone that should be notification enough."

~ Some mod probably

• Haha 1