IK Lurssen Mastering Console Important Update to 1.1.1

cclarry

Lurssen Mastering Console has been updated to version 1.1.1 for Mac/PC. This new version optimizes various functions and features as well as includes different fixes for issues some users might have experienced.

We recommend all Lurssen Mastering Console users update for the best experience.

Run the product manager to update!

(I already had this installed - so might be old news)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Version 1.1.1 (2016-08-04)

Where is this showing, I'm not on a Windows machine at the moment and I'm assuming that is where you might be seeing it?

I did report that the Release Notes link in the IK User Area says 1.1.0 so that should be taken care of.  But this is definitely a new update.  When I can get into the home studio I'll definitely be installing it on my main Windows beast there as I was running into the installation issue that this fixes.

• Thanks 2

The IK PM showed version 1.1.1 - and I mistakenly assumed that was the correct version,
but the App Manager for Windows showed version 1.1.0.  After downloading and installing
the 1.1.1 update manually, everything is now correct.

Basically the IK PM did NOT show the 1.1.1 as an update, but rather the installed version.

Edited by cclarry

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Where is this showing, I'm not on a Windows machine at the moment and I'm assuming that is where you might be seeing it?

I did report that the Release Notes link in the IK User Area says 1.1.0 so that should be taken care of.  But this is definitely a new update.  When I can get into the home studio I'll definitely be installing it on my main Windows beast there as I was running into the installation issue that this fixes.

Off topic Side-quest request:  Please update Amplitube3.  I know it's old.  That's the point.  I cannot recall songs I worked on 10 years ago without it instantly crashing (ANY version of) Pro Tools.  

• Like 1

I updated my Lursen Mastering Console to the 1.1.1 version and now when I switch to ASIO in settings.  It sounds like a slowed down robot.  I tried to Switch back to direct Sound and my computer crashed.  I've had Lursens for since 03/13/2020 and this is the fist time I've had problems with the soft ware,  Beware of the update update.

Also, this is the first time my PC ever crashed.

Edited by jesse g
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Yan Filiatrault said:

I was joking about the date

Whew.  The Release Notes tab saying 1.1.0 wasn't a joke but was fixed promptly at least :)

On 8/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, jesse g said:

I updated my Lursen Mastering Console to the 1.1.1 version and now when I switch to ASIO in settings.  It sounds like a slowed down robot.  I tried to Switch back to direct Sound and my computer crashed.  I've had Lursens for since 03/13/2020 and this is the fist time I've had problems with the soft ware,  Beware of the update update.

Also, this is the first time my PC ever crashed.

I would report your issue to IK Support, make sure you rebooted everything after the update as well.  Like @telecode 101 I'm not having issues with this update either.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Whew.  The Release Notes tab saying 1.1.0 wasn't a joke but was fixed promptly at least :)

I would report your issue to IK Support, make sure you rebooted everything after the update as well.  Like @telecode 101 I'm not having issues with this update either.

Thanks Telecode and Peter.

I poked around some more and discovered it was my buffer settings in Lursens.

Edited by jesse g

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

Thanks Telecode and Peter.

I poked around some more and discovered it was my buffer settings in Lursens.

it could be. i recall it used to randomly crash on my old mac and interface. i have been using 24/48k on my new setup for a while now and  no issues on windows. i usually flip to 256 or 512 buffer when mixing and mastering.

16 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

it could be. i recall it used to randomly crash on my old mac and interface. i have been using 24/48k on my new setup for a while now and  no issues on windows. i usually flip to 256 or 512 buffer when mixing and mastering.

I use a low buffer setting in Cakewalk with my ASIO Driver for the Roland Octa-Capture, but in Lursens Mastering Console,  it wants me to use the Microsoft DirectSound driver with a Buffer rate of 128 or more to stop making that robotic Sound.

2 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I use a low buffer setting in Cakewalk with my ASIO Driver for the Roland Octa-Capture, but in Lursens Mastering Console,  it wants me to use the Microsoft DirectSound driver with a Buffer rate of 128 or more to stop making that robotic Sound.

hmm.. that doesnt seem right. i am fairly sure i can use the ASIO focusrite driver with it. i should check when back in studio. 

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

hmm.. that doesnt seem right. i am fairly sure i can use the ASIO focusrite driver with it. i should check when back in studio. 

Oh, it let's me use my Asio Driver, but there is no way to change the Buffer size from the shown 64 bits.  

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

Oh, it let's me use my Asio Driver, but there is no way to change the Buffer size from the shown 64 bits.  

I have found when I have my buffers set too low for the Lurssen to be effective I need to go into my Focusrites control panel and temporarily  set my ASIO drivers buffer settings there first to a higher setting . The Lurssen will then have the higher buffer settings available in it's menu .

In my experience using the Lurssen , it operates much better using the higher buffer settings when I run  it .

When I'm done using the Lurssen I go back and set my buffer settings to what I'm happiest using as my settings for my systems core settings .

YMMV

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I have found when I have my buffers set too low for the Lurssen to be effective I need to go into my Focusrites control panel and temporarily  set my ASIO drivers buffer settings there first to a higher setting . The Lurssen will then have the higher buffer settings available in it's menu .

In my experience using the Lurssen , it operates much better using the higher buffer settings when I run  it .

When I'm done using the Lurssen I go back and set my buffer settings to what I'm happiest using as my settings for my systems core settings .

YMMV

Kenny

this ^^

also, i just manage all settings from Focusrite utility. It seems up update settings in IKM and Cubase as well. But  I never use low buffer settings for mixing. just for recording.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

YMMV

Kenny

Kenny,

That worked well for me.  I see now that I have to make the changes in the Octa-Capture  control panel.

Thanks.

• Like 1