LANDR Audio Acquires Synchro Arts - Makers Of VocAign And Revoice Pro Software

cclarry

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

LANDR Audio has just announced that it has acquired Synchro Arts, the makers of the popular VocAlign and Revoice Pro audio software solutions. We have the details…

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/landr-audio-acquires-synchro-arts

Not that I've given it much thought before now, but I would have expected it to be the other way around.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

Not that I've given it much thought before now, but I would have expected it to be the other way around.

I thought the exact same thing...I was like "Hey...isn't that backwards?"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

They hired a bot instead

they can't afford me. they probably only hire young guys that are willing to work for cheap.

They  are based in Montreal. The cool thing about Monteral is property and rent is relatively cheap compared to other parts of the country. So that attracts lots of musicians and art types that don't want to work in 9-5 finance districts.. Hence the city is a little more arty and laid back.  Also, all the cool and great concerts come through Montreal.. every summer.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

they can't afford me. they probably only hire young guys that are willing to work for cheap.

They  are based in Montreal. The cool thing about Monteral is property and rent is relatively cheap compared to other parts of the country. So that attracts lots of musicians and art types that don't want to work in 9-5 finance districts.. Hence the city is a little more arty and laid back.  Also, all the cool and great concerts come through Montreal.. every summer.

Not anymore. Prices of housing are up 40% in the last 2 years in the whole Grand Montreal area. Value of my house has skyrocketed, but if you sell, you have to find something else, and there’s currently a lot of offers a lot higher than the selling price.

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Not anymore. Prices of housing are up 40% in the last 2 years in the whole Grand Montreal area. Value of my house has skyrocketed, but if you sell, you have to find something else, and there’s currently a lot of offers a lot higher than the selling price.

same here. but apparently, according to my econ finance bro in law.. because of covid , the gov are printing money like xerox are gonna go out of business. might as well spend it if you can.. it only keeps depreciating if it sits around doing nothing.

Edited by telecode 101

7 hours ago, Paul Young said:

cue in the.........oh no they may go sub only fear that seems to happen with everything in the DAW world

At least they weren't acquired by Gibson

Yeah, unfortunately a bit of a mixed bag for Gibson. You’re correct that they’ve become a bit of a graveyard for a number of companies they’ve purchased. On the bright side, the quality of workmanship in their guitars has definitely shot up in the past few years