Humble Bundle Vegas Pro Bundle

cclarry

Pretty much the same as previous Audio and vegas bundles, mostly same versions too of recent humble bundle versions.

Only new thing really is Vegas Pro Edit 16, in last similar HB it was Vegas Pro Edit 15. So the Q is .. is it worth the $30 to upgrade from Vegas Pro Edit 15 to 16, particularly from an audio perspective? Is there enough in 16 to make one bite for $30 even?

The one real annoying thing about Magix Vegas and Soundforge is this business of constant checking VSTs whenever you load the programs and not just checking new vsts, some times takes an age to load. Used to be a fix before via an INI file or some config file but that doesnt work anymore. Dont imagine thats fixed in 16?

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The one real annoying thing about Magix Vegas and Soundforge is this business of constant checking VSTs whenever you load the programs and not just checking new vsts, some times takes an age to load. Used to be a fix before via an INI file or some config file but that doesnt work anymore. Dont imagine thats fixed in 16?

Try adding  /NOVSTGROVEL /NODXGROVEL to the shortcut for the exe.  At least for SoundForge that stops the VST scanning.  Might work on Vegas.  I uninstalled Edit 15 so I can't test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Pretty much the same as previous Audio and vegas bundles, mostly same versions too of recent humble bundle versions.

Only new thing really is Vegas Pro Edit 16, in last similar HB it was Vegas Pro Edit 15. So the Q is .. is it worth the $30 to upgrade from Vegas Pro Edit 15 to 16, particularly from an audio perspective? Is there enough in 16 to make one bite for $30 even?

It would be OK if one was starting out and didn't have anything.  Often those studio version have more than anyone needs.

The version of Music Maker in this bundle is the "Score Edition".

For Reference: Versions that are <Genre> Edition don't generally include any of the optional features (Song Maker, Extra Tracks, etc). If you want these features you need to spend money (or vouchers) at the in-app store to get them. The <Genre> Editions are almost the same as the Free Edition, the only difference is that they include free soundpool(s) of the specified genre (Score in this case, which means cinematic/movie score style)

For me, the $1 tier with a $20 voucher valid for both Magix and Acid brands, is a real no brainer. Humblebundle will limit the amount of repeat purchases to 3 per payment method (e.g., you can buy 9 vouchers if you purchase 3 with paypal, 3 with amazon, 3 with credit card). This limit resets every few days (weekly?)

Right now there is a promotion at producerplanet where all Acid branded music Loop collections are at $20 for the commercial-use licensed version (music loops only, not the sound effect libraries, and just the single collections, collection bundles are more expensive)

https://www.producerplanet.com/us/search/?area=audio&acidizedOnly=true&query=&salesOnly=true&category=250

The end result is 150+ loop libraries to choose from, for $1 out-of-pocket each. These are acidized (what Cakewalk calls "Groove Clips"). Many are "oldies" but still "solid", e.g., Mick Fletwood Total Drumming. Just tweak them with VSTs to make them sound more "modern" if you feel like it.

Just keep in mind that the promotion has been active for a few days already and it is likely to end soon (on the other hand you may want to save a few vouchers for getting soundpools when there is a good sale)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The version of Music Maker in this bundle is the "Score Edition".

For Reference: Versions that are <Genre> Edition don't generally include any of the optional features (Song Maker, Extra Tracks, etc). If you want these features you need to spend money (or vouchers) at the in-app store to get them. The <Genre> Editions are almost the same as the Free Edition, the only difference is that they include free soundpool(s) of the specified genre (Score in this case, which means cinematic/movie score style)

For me, the $1 tier with a $20 voucher valid for both Magix and Acid brands, is a real no brainer. Humblebundle will limit the amount of repeat purchases to 3 per payment method (e.g., you can buy 9 vouchers if you purchase 3 with paypal, 3 with amazon, 3 with credit card). This limit resets every few days (weekly?)

I had bought the Fanatical deal and used a $20 voucher + $10 of real money to add the Song Maker feature.  I had soundpools I purchased from previous humble bundle deals.  Now, I can actually use them with Song Maker.

MM SE gives you three score soundpools, so I picked the three most expensive ones (compilations).

Thanks.  I never thought to do multiple purchases.  That is quite a deal for $1.  The MM SE doesn't stack, it turns out.  I'll probably add a bunch of soundpools that are directly listed in Song Maker.

Edited by ALC

It is significant that this deal is for Producer Planet and not limited to buying through Music Maker.  And with the multiple purchases this is very interesting for my commercial sound effects collection.  Thanks for the tip. 

@Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann  I don't see the deal on Producer Planet for $20.   Maybe I missed it?   Well, maybe it will come again someday.

I didn't know you could get the Songmaker for a voucher plus $10.  That's cool.  It's worth another $10 to screw around with that. 

On 4/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

Try adding  /NOVSTGROVEL /NODXGROVEL to the shortcut for the exe.  At least for SoundForge that stops the VST scanning.  Might work on Vegas.  I uninstalled Edit 15 so I can't test.

Sounds good, but just like Magix to have us grovel to turn off something that shouldn't be there to start with.   🥵

23 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I didn't know you could get the Songmaker for a voucher plus $10.  That's cool.  It's worth another $10 to screw around with that. 

To be clear, I used the $20 voucher from the Fanatical Music Magix Bundle 2.  I don't know if the Producer Planet voucher would work for features, but it did work on the soundpool (from the MM app) so it might.

But yes, for $10, it's worth it.

Update: I tried to use the Producer Planet voucher to unlock the unlimited tracks feature and got "This voucher cannot be used for the selected item."

Edited by ALC

18 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

@Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann  I don't see the deal on Producer Planet for $20

That's strange, the promotion is still going on. I just clicked on the link I posted, to confirm it, everything there is $19.99 (except the 5 collection bundles that are more expensive). Maybe you were looking for Sound Effects libraries, which are not in the current promotion.

Magix runs promotions almost constantly. With a little patience you can get Features, (Vita) Instruments, Soundpools and Acid Loop Libraries for 40%~75% off. If I were looking for Sound Effects (for fun, and not for a specific project) I'd just wait a month or two. The Humble Bundle vouchers last until the end of July 2021 and the Fanatical vouchers until the end of 2022.

I was able to re-buy 3 (for $1 each) more using Paypal this afternoon.  (after doing all 9 before).  But it wouldn't let me use Amazon payments again.  So it is reseting at least Paypal.   Didn't try the direct credit card.  None of the Sony/Acid sound effects seem to be on sale though.  Just the normal Acid Loops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALC said:

To be clear, I used the $20 voucher from the Fanatical Music Magix Bundle 2.  I don't know if the Producer Planet voucher would work for features, but it did work on the soundpool (from the MM app) so it might.

But yes, for $10, it's worth it.

Update: I tried to use the Producer Planet voucher to unlock the unlimited tracks feature and got "This voucher cannot be used for the selected item."

I used the second voucher from the Fanatical bundle to unlock unlimited tracks and it worked.   Glad I waited to use these. 

I've got 9 coupons now and will try again in a few days.   Plus the three Soundpool vouchers that came with Score Edition and the several that came with Samplitude.  There were some fun ones, like Game of Tones, included in there.

11 hours ago, ALC said:

The MM SE doesn't stack, it turns out

Yes, it's annoying, but it's possible to just create multiple accounts, then log off/log on (from the start screen, accessible also through the Help menu) and activate and install the content for each account. Since it's the same installation with the same configuration the content gets downloaded to the correct folders and it will be found after logoff/logon to your original account (or when you click the button to rescan soundpools). The caveat is that it's harder to keep track of what you own across the various accounts and avoid buying duplicates.

With a little patience now I have all the available score soundpools and all the Vita instruments, purchased and installed (and it was nowhere near the marathon that it was when I installed IK Total Studio Max). The "collector" in me is happy.

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

11 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Yes, it's annoying, but it's possible to just create multiple accounts, then log off/log on (from the start screen, accessible also through the Help menu) and activate and install the content for each account.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I'm really enjoying Music Maker and look forward to picking up some Sound Pools.  There's one problem.  It has crashed my computer twice, My computer shuts completely down and I get the blue screen of death.  Bad Pool Caller.  This has never happened before and it's twice since I installed this.

So I looked online and found out that many have this problem--at least in Windows 10 and with earlier versions.  Apparently it is particularly hard to use it as an actual DAW and add your own recording, something I would never do.   

Do any of you have crashing issues with Music Maker?

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I get "Audio Plugin Server has stopped working" (only when starting up or closing) but the program or system hasn't crashed for me, fortunately.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042 Build 19042).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have had a few application crashes but no computer crashes. BSODs are generally caused by driver issues. Are you using the Magix ASIO driver? If you already have an ASIO driver installed that works reliably you probably want to select that one instead in the program config.

In general I use MMM for the initial creative/composing work but then I switch over to Pro Tools for mixing and mastering. The best way I've found for this is to

1. Split the MM tracks. For each track where songmaker has put various types of loops, I create additional tracks and move the objects until every track contains similar loops. E.g., if the Bass track contains "Bass Brezn" and "Bass Patrick Hopper" then I add a track and move all the "Bass Brezn" to it, because chances are that I want to mix them with different settings, and I find it easier moving the loops around before exporting, compared to making splits later
  2. Export all the tracks to wav (it takes a little time, but it's needed only once per project)
  3. Create a blank Pro Tools project, set the bpm to the same tempo I had in the MMM project (so that the wavs will neatly align to bars), then add the wav's from the previous step

This workflow probably works as well with any other DAW, and it should also help in avoiding crashes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...