Google services inc Gmail, Gsuite, Youtube are all DOWN

aidan o driscoll

13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Seems all google services are down.

Disturbingly .. when you try login with your GMAIL account you get "Couldnt find your Google Account"

Yes, I just had that and got slightly worried. I think they had an outage last week also! 

Wonder if it's UK only?

Edited by ZincT

Really does expose a huge flaw doesnt it .. the massive reliance on cloud services provided by a very small few companies - Google, Microsoft 

From a tweet:

Google was down for what, twenty minutes? In that time I couldn't access any of my work, at all, couldn't view the monitor in the baby's bedroom, and missed a delivery because the doorbell didn't work. This is absolutely absolutely no way to live.

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

"... missed a delivery because the doorbell didn't work. This is absolutely absolutely no way to live."

Anybody daft enough to put their doorbell in the hands of Google deserves everything they get. And maybe they could have got off their @rse and actually looked in on the baby.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean it's always the best option. The ancient technology of somebody physically knocking on my door works without the necessity  of electricity.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Great Idea 1

37 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

"... missed a delivery because the doorbell didn't work. This is absolutely absolutely no way to live."

Anybody daft enough to put their doorbell in the hands of Google deserves everything they get. And maybe they could have got off their @rse and actually looked in on the baby.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean it's always the best option. The ancient technology of somebody physically knocking on my door works without the necessity  of electricity.

unfortunately it is a thing now with the likes of Google home, Nest and any of the other IOT ( internet of things ) devices. An aquantance told me recently when a major power ourtage happened in an area that due to using NEST type sevices people could not turn on there lights indoors and a whole lot of other things because systems like that literally are wired to control all this now in some abodes.

The ultimate in lazy .. creates a whole attitude of couldnt be arsed. And something to blame .. twas the electrics fault i couldnt do A b or C 

Edited by aidan o driscoll

59 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

unfortunately it is a thing now with the likes of Google home, Nest and any of the other IOT ( internet of things ) devices. An aquantance told me recently when a major power ourtage happened in an area that due to using NEST type sevices people could not turn on there lights indoors and a whole lot of other things because systems like that literally are wired to control all this now in some abodes.

The ultimate in lazy .. creates a whole attitude of couldnt be arsed. And something to blame .. twas the electrics fault i couldnt do A b or C 

Oh well, stupid gets what stupid deserves.........

• Like 1

One would think that after all the books, stories, etc. of issues with machine control limitations, the creatirs of these commercial products would take such in consideration. A simple over-ride on power outtages?

Shame on you corporate semi-humans...

4 hours ago, Keni said:

One would think that after all the books, stories, etc. of issues with machine control limitations, the creatirs of these commercial products would take such in consideration. A simple over-ride on power outtages?

Shame on you corporate semi-humans...

But if I provide an override, you might use it all the time, and then I wouldn't get the surveillance data on you so that I can sell more advertising!

Edited by Mandolin Picker

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

In what application?

Just an annoyed rant on my part.  New censorship DID just get put into YouTube (12/9), and I've seen GMails get censored if you put words into the subject that they don't approve of, so I'm just figuring that could be why they were down.

I'm spending increasingly more of my time in duckduckgo and rumble now (and several others that aren't censoring).  The FCC just began looking into breaking up Facebook a couple of days ago with Google (or Alphabet) on the horizon...  Who knows any more what's going to happen?

That said, my Gmail, google and youtube are all back up.