Richard Arizmendi

Cover Tune - There Was Jesus featuring Notnat on Dobro and Candace Roberts on Vocal Harmony

Greetings to all,

I'm a relatively new member to the Bandlab forum but not new to Cakewalk.  I haven't posted a song since before the Bandlab days. 

Anyway, here's a cover of a popular Chirstian tune "There was Jesus" performed by Zach Williams featuring Dolly Parton.  Two dear friends were gracious to help with this: Frank Tanton on Dobro/Slide guitar and Candace Roberts singing Vocal harmony.

https://soundclick.com/r/s8elqm

Thanks for listening,

Rich 

• Like 2

I like your version better, Rich... Candace sounded great... her voice suits this tune much better than mine, and your Vocal  treatment is outstanding...

thanks for letting me in on this...

Nice job, sounds really good.    Both versions of the song are really well done (i.e. the other link posted) and it would be hard to pick a winner.   

Regards

I haven't listened to the tune as not really my thing, but I'm glad to hear that Frank is still on the right side of the grass. I've often wondered what became of him.😀

I get the #ChristianPop, but Jazz-Smooth Jazz 🙃 not that it matters.

But back to why we listen (I could care less about genres), WELL DONE!

beautiful really

👍's

t

• Like 1

Excellent production and performance on both versions! They both had their high points with no lows. Fantastic vocals and harmony. I guess I really need to take a closer look at Bandlab.  Enjoyed the song  ..  mark

Well done Rich.
Nice production and love the harmonies.
Dont know why I think of Mike and The Mechanics when listening to this.-

I'm not familiar with this song or any Christian music really but I do listen to it now and then,
And what I like about Christian music is that it seems to have more memorable melody to it than most genres today.
So I liked this song quite a lot esp the female vocalist.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:37 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I get the #ChristianPop, but Jazz-Smooth Jazz 🙃 not that it matters.

But back to why we listen (I could care less about genres), WELL DONE!

beautiful really

👍's

t

LOL!  My primary instrument is Saxophone (Tenor, Alto, Soprano).  Years ago I was part of a Smooth Jazz ensemble for about 10 years.  I suppose I failed to remove the default "Smooth Jazz" category when I posted the song.

Thanks for letting me know.  I need to fix that!

Rich

• Like 1